• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

Tim_107

HSC
i just got a mail from adf, which was destroyed, i dno if i have to sign it (i'm over 18) or fill it out, coz its destroyed, can we get one when we go for our YOU session?

mggail

HSC
hey I put in for the gap yr next yr and just got the details for my YOU session, only the letter has a different date to the email.. just wondering if you guys who had the YOU session date stuffed up had the same problem?

Enchantress91

HSC
i just got a mail from adf, which was destroyed, i dno if i have to sign it (i'm over 18) or fill it out, coz its destroyed, can we get one when we go for our YOU session?
Lol um, define "destroyed". Is it water-logged? Or has it been torn-up.

You can just visit your nearest DFR office and ask for another one and fill that out before YOU Session.

olli!

HSC
hey I put in for the gap yr next yr and just got the details for my YOU session, only the letter has a different date to the email.. just wondering if you guys who had the YOU session date stuffed up had the same problem?
Did you receive a date for July and another for December? Then I think that your session is booked for the one in July.
Thats just coming from my experience.

mggail

HSC
yep thats right, okay thanks i might give them a ring to check anyway :)

Tim_107

HSC
Lol um, define "destroyed". Is it water-logged? Or has it been torn-up.

You can just visit your nearest DFR office and ask for another one and fill that out before YOU Session.
well, hah, its been ripped up, i was hoping there'd be one on the internet, coz the DFR office is so far away! is it essential?

Dr Vegie

HSC
Was it the form asking for your student number, medical practioner and medical address? then like another box at the bottom asking for parental consent if under the age of 18? because im pretty sure they had a couple of the them at the place, but i was sent two of the forms, one in the first pack which had a bit of information and some practice aptitute tests. The next pack of information i was sent was larger. had pretty much all the crap in the first one, like same tests and tell me what to bring to the YOU session.So if the first one, not the second one, or worse both, was ripped up then you should be fine. Or hell ring them up, give them a fax address if you want it right now. Also guys just som adive, when you attend your YOU session have a clear idea of what you wanna sign up for. What postiong you want to commit to in the army. for example riflemen or gunnumber. Have at least three your thinking about. Jobs | Army | Defence Jobs
GL

Tim_107

HSC
i havent even had my you session, got that in 12 days, whats the YOU session like?

ila3

HSC
i havent even had my you session, got that in 12 days, whats the YOU session like?
its pretty straight foward ...exactly how it says on the form ...aptitude, then a talk with a nurse and a recruiter. all finnished within a couple of hours :D

ila3

HSC
no not yet ...just waiting for them to contact me! hopefully soon :)...goodluck with the you tho!

Tim_107

HSC
thanks, i'll need it haha, hopefully i'll be in your position waiting for an assessment day in 10 days!

mr_robato

HSC
Apparently there are secret laws/clauses that the public isn't aware of. Not sure on details/specifics, but they are related to the military (here in Aus).

Like someone said on page one: I'd be cautious when trusting the military.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The ADF Gap year thread from Travel has been merged into this one. Sorry if this affects flow.

Moni11

HSC
Hiii guys, i just found this forum. It is very interesting!!

I applied for the Navy Gap year! I have my 'YOU' session on the 21st of July! :eek: not too far away. I am a little bit nervous! Do you know if everyone gets through to this stage? Also, what is the likeliness to get chosen to continue?? I am reaaaally eager to do this and veeery excited about it!! i can't wait!

:)

Tim_107

HSC
i spoke to a DFR guy today and i asked him if the gap yr is popular and he said that just over 1000 people are competing for the places available, he gave me some advice that applies to everyone here, dress your best, present yourself to the best of your ability, and try your hardest in the testing.
The people testing with me today, some of them wern't the sharpest tool in the shed, so if your smart enough (and by that i mean know what 1+1 is ) and arrive on time (some people arived 30 mins late), neatly presented (not as tho your just off the street) you should do fine.
Just practice doing the tests they give you, and google some just to be sure, but know what cosine and sin and tan are, but at the end of the day its hard to study for so u either got it or u dont, if u dont, its nothing to be afraid of, just means your specality lies somewhere else.

good luck

mr_robato

HSC
heard from some senior dfr people that gap year is quite popular this year, and is going to be a bit more competitive....

edit: and you session is for everyone - basically just an info session and seeing what your options are and getting some info about what you actually want to do...

Sar--sirye-kaal :D :D :p

YOU session, done it.

Easiest test evah! (but I guess it's supposed to be like that). My mates brother went for it, walked out of the test room after the first ten minutes or so. They told him to go home because there was no way he was going to get in with that amount of time spent on the test.

I bugged out of my GAP year application because I decided I didn't want a dead end solider job (I decided to spend an extra year in year 12, get that UAI [now ATAR] and to go Uni. Then hopefully get myself into the undergraduate sponsored program. Awesome money in that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)