Album of the Decade? (1 Viewer)

Katherwin

HSC
Relationship of Command was a pretty good album.
So was Year Zero.
And one of Porcupine Trees, not sure which one... In Absentia maybe.
The Mars Volta- De-Loused in the Comatorium was good.

But for me personally, the album that defined my decade
Origin of Symmetry- Muse
Admitedly I heard Absolution first, but Origin of Symmetry sold Muse to me. I love it start to finish. Still.
Good decision, buying the CD that day. :)

HSC
The Beatles - 1
Backstreet Boys - Black & Blue
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
Shakira - Laundry Service
Usher - Confessions
hahahaha fuck

you're lucky you have a great avatar

Tree Friend

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
HSC
Funeral is the obvious answer, but Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Rós was just a beautiful album. The pianos and strings across the entire album coupled with the ominous drums (not to mention the beautiful vocals) just make you feel like you've died (it really does). Then when the albums ends, you come out of death and find yourself in post-rock heaven itself.

Last edited:

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
that's moreso how ( ) makes me feel...which also happens to be released this decade.

orthentix

HSC
Black Holes and Revelations - Muse
Hot Fuss - The Killers
A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay

Any of these 3.

Edit:

Definately Hot Fuss.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Another contender:

Tiesto - Kaleidoscope

For the fact that it fuses Indie and Electronic influences, both of which surged in popularity this decade. It may not be the greatest album, or even the most influential. How it covers two major areas of this decades music scene.

Hence, for the same reason, why I earlier listed HORSE the Band...

HSC
i retract my previous statements

merriweather post pavillion is the album of the decade

well its great

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Another contender:

Tiesto - Kaleidoscope

For the fact that it fuses Indie and Electronic influences, both of which surged in popularity this decade. It may not be the greatest album, or even the most influential. How it covers two major areas of this decades music scene.

Hence, for the same reason, why I earlier listed HORSE the Band...
i just can't agree with this. the only worthwhile song on that album is the one with jonsi. i dont really care that tiesto got together a whole heap of young indie hipsters, he couldn't pull it off.

to be considered as album of the decade it still has to work as an album, kaleidoscope is just too patchy.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Funeral is the obvious answer, but Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Rós was just a beautiful album. The pianos and strings across the entire album coupled with the ominous drums (not to mention the beautiful vocals) just make you feel like you've died (it really does). Then when the albums ends, you come out of death and find yourself in post-rock heaven itself.

and they have the greatest music videos!!!!!

philphie

Banned
HSC
veckatimest by Grizzly Bear... i don't think that's the right spelling

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i just can't agree with this. the only worthwhile song on that album is the one with jonsi. i dont really care that tiesto got together a whole heap of young indie hipsters, he couldn't pull it off.

to be considered as album of the decade it still has to work as an album, kaleidoscope is just too patchy.</SPAN>
I thought the album had a few really good songs. In particular, in addition to Jonsi, the mixes with Tegan & Sara, and Calvin Harris. I thought he pulled it off quite well. I'm not saying it is the best album this decade, but for me, it still embodied the essence of both the electronic and indie music scene. Which I why I listed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)