Aligned Marks/ Half Yearly (1 Viewer)

Babbabooey

HSC
So, I have just got all my marks back for all my subjects and my averages across the two terms are ( I have included how much of the marks weigh in terms of total internal)

Biology-82% rank 3/40 (40% weighting of internals)
English Advanced -78% rank 4/30 (45% of internals)
Maths Advanced- 77%- Irrelevant rank tbh (45% of internals)
PDHPE-86% rank 1-30 (45% of internals)
Chemistry- 70%- rank 8/30 (50% of internals)
Physics- 62% rank approx 12/40 (50% of internals)
Maths Extension 1 -56% irrelevant rank (45% of internals)

After looking thru Atar calculators it says around an 80 atar, but someone told the marks need to be aligned and told me about a website called HSC Raw Marks Database, from there I estimated my aligned mark and got around a 93.
Could someone tell me what is an Aligned mark, and which of atar predictions is more accurate
also should i drop phys, and can I still get 90 ATAR

aqwerty13402

HSC
So, I have just got all my marks back for all my subjects and my averages across the two terms are ( I have included how much of the marks weigh in terms of total internal)

After looking thru Atar calculators it says around an 80 atar, but someone told the marks need to be aligned and told me about a website called HSC Raw Marks Database, from there I estimated my aligned mark and got around a 93.
Could someone tell me what is an Aligned mark, and which of atar predictions is more accurate
In response to the last part of the message (since i can't help with info about scaling etc), I reckon that a 90% is possible, but you're really going to need to work for it. I'd say if each subject is boosted just a little bit, you'll be in a good spot for a 90% since you do phys, chem, e1 etc

elliott07

HSC

erm yes you can get 97 I reckon if you keep it up your ranks are still pretty good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)