• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

All about you guys (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, its chinese, and adopted by koreans and japanese and others to get the "cute" thing going.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Haha, its chinese, and adopted by koreans and japanese and others to get the "cute" thing going.
Cute laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
I've never heard a Jap say (or try to say, considering they can't say "l" or long "ahh") lah....

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I've never heard a Jap say (or try to say, considering they can't say "l" or long "ahh") lah....
Lost in Translation, the hooker-ish Japanese lady with Bill Murray in the hotel room. Hilarious :D

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
Lost in Translation, the hooker-ish Japanese lady with Bill Murray in the hotel room. Hilarious :D
Really. Wow. I don't remember. I must have seen that movie at least 7 times. Although Japanese are the worlds greatest wannabes.

Asy- sorry for correcting you :)

X

xeuyrawp

SuGa BunI =D said:
Is that an assumption? think its chinese only dear
Ah, ok THIS I can be quite certain of. My mum came from Vietnam and Cambodia, and said it was a very popular thing for young people to say there.

I've heard it from Cantonese and Mandarin friends, in this Thai movie, as well as coming from Koreans both at Uni and at LAN. A guy I play gunbound with, a pretty smart dude from Singapore, also said that although it's originally Canton/Mandarin, that it's spread to most Eastern Asian languages, although up till now, I thought Japanese didn't say it.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Really. Wow. I don't remember. I must have seen that movie at least 7 times. Although Japanese are the worlds greatest wannabes.

Asy- sorry for correcting you :)
She's telling Murray to r/lip her stockings and she falls onto the floor.

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
She's telling Murray to r/lip her stockings and she falls onto the floor.
Ohhhh that part! Hahahahh, I remember. It didn't click that she was saying "lah", I thought she was just making some random semi-orgasm/excited noises.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Ah, ok THIS I can be quite certain of. My mum came from Vietnam and Cambodia, and said it was a very popular thing for young people to say there.

I've heard it from Cantonese and Mandarin friends, in this Thai movie, as well as coming from Koreans both at Uni and at LAN. A guy I play gunbound with, a pretty smart dude from Singapore, also said that although it's originally Canton/Mandarin, that it's spread to most Eastern Asian languages, although up till now, I thought Japanese didn't say it.
Yeah, its a chinese derivation, adapted by the others for god knows what reason

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
PwarYuex said:

singapore .. dont they speak chinese anyway?
been to thailand, they didnt say la
i speak vietnamese fluently.. never say or head any viet said la before

I think lots asian languages use the world la but not quite the way the chinese used them.. after every sentenses and as encouragement

ReaveR

HSC
PwarYuex said:
..coming from Koreans both at Uni and at LAN.
I walk past dreamnet or some other netcafe and I hear...'aiiiiiiiiiiiii shiba y u kill me 4?!?!!11one!?!

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)