Am I alone in hating airplane food? (1 Viewer)

kyokaku92

HSC
I don't really care about plane food as long as my stomach shuts tfu on a long flight. I personally hate flights with crap entertainment

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
For the record the business class meals on Concorde were excellent, such a shame its retired.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Good thing about Jetstar/Virgin/Tiger is that you can actually buy decent and "real" food off the menu.

Id rather pay Virgin $28 to go to Sydney and buy my own food than pay Qantas $115. Its only 1hr flying time!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Good thing about Jetstar/Virgin/Tiger is that you can actually buy decent and "real" food off the menu.

Id rather pay Virgin $28 to go to Sydney and buy my own food than pay Qantas $115. Its only 1hr flying time!

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
na'in wrong wid plane chow, just make sure you order the gamiest meat meal possible, wait till it cools down, eat it slowly and loudly, then wash it down with warm soft drink. Make sure you get really close-up to the person next to you, breathe on them etc, this works well if you're very obese and in the cheapest/nastiest seating section.

5233andy

HSC
I recently flew economy on Virgin Atlantic to London. The food was okay, with the exception of Virgin branded soft drinks...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Can't tell you anything, longest flight I've been on is two hours from here to Melbourne, and there's no such thing as first class when you're flying that little distance.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
My sister got food poisoning from one of the meals served on Singapore Airlines. I think it might have been the mushroom, but I have no idea why she ate that nasty thing in the first place.

The only parts of the meal I like to eat are the bread rolls and muffins.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i hate the prices of aeroplane food

$5 for a kit kat or something, wtf?!

rozymisty

HSC
Most of the time in Australia ive flown Virgin and ive always had something at the airport before i get on the plane or take some lollies and snack on them on the way. Though with Virgin i always want to get those Byron bay cookies...sooooo yummy!!!

Qantas meals have been alright. Though one time i got a meal and i think it was beef mulsaka (?) and i asked if it was spicy and they said no, and well it was spicy for me so i asked for milk. Other than that ive been happy with the food.

Air NZ, thats my fav airline, the meals were pretty good. they kindly gave me a few cans of ginger ale when flying home coz a few hrs before i had the runs and nausea and they made sure that i was fine throughout the flight which was good sign of great customer service. Plus i got there early and mum said to ask for a exit row seat, and i got the whole row to myself.....which was great.

But yeah if its a flight under 2hrs, i wouldnt bother with buying a meal.
With international flights, liek when i was booking fares, Pacific and Air NZ were same price, but air nz included entertainment and food so i went with them for a change and it was great. Love their safety video hehe

HSC
if in doubt, eat the bread roll and drink the orange juice

united airlines have (or had, when i was little) legitimate mcdonalds happy meals for kids, it was awesome

HSC
well i've never had fried chicken or watermelon served to me on a flight, so chances are you'd be mighty disappointed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)