• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

America's Next Top Model - Cycle 7 (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
same :(
as much as i liked joanna i thought mercedes was a WAY nicer person. but fair enough joanna did photograph preety amazingly

lexie85

HSC
i thought yoanna was a bit weird looking but then again most models are

<3 mercedes

HSC
N/A
I wanted Nik to win too :( Nicole had the more outgoing personality though. Plus, I think she had the better "covergirl" look.

I was happy that Yoanna won - she's one of the few "intelligent" ANTM girls, let alone winners in my opinion (I totally loved Elise from Cycle 1 too. The med student - remember? ahahaha she had some funny things to say). Not a great walker though... interesting because in subsequent seasons there was a lot of emphasis placed on good walk (I think around then was the time Tyra wanted to gear ANTM towards 'high fashion' specifically).

Mind you, I really liked Mercedes as well. Of the two, at first glance she looks more commercial, because she's cute... doesn't really have the angular look that's popular in high fashion today. Great attitude though - loved her muchly.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Yeah...I had a thing for Mercedes also. My heart melted because of her Lupis. She was just gorgeous.

Who was the one who had sex with the Italian guy? Was it Shandi? I think it was.

That was one of the most interesting episodes ever. That, and the one where Kim and (I think her name was Sarah) Sarah hooked up. I think that was cycle 5?

That girl was sooo painful to watch though. Oooh. I cringe just thinking about her.

xx

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh it was shandi and she cheated on her boyfriend... im ashamed to say i watched the episode of tyras show where she got them both in to talk about... they are apparently still heaps good friends but they arnt together because of the trust issue...

she looks way better now days, she has long brown hair... big brown hair

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Really? I wish I had seen that episode.

I love watching Tyra when she brings up past stuff from ANTM. It is sooo good. I feel like I am sooo 'in the loop.'

How many appearances has Naima made though? Seriously, we know she had a dodgy past and everything, but PLEASE stop putting her on Tyra.

(Although I do love Naima.)

And what about that pageant girl, the one who refused to get her hair cut shorter? I saw her on Tyra and she has brown hair and extensions. She looked hawt though.

xx

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
From Perez Hilton:

The Official PerezHilton.com Top Model Drinking Game

Drink:

- Whenever a girl stumbles on the catwalk.

- Whenever a girl cries.

- Any time J. Alexander wears high heels, dresses in women's clothing (full or
partial), teaches the girls how to walk (or threatens that he needs to teach someone something).

- When there is gay talk or some girl-on-girl action.

- Do a shot and rip off your roommate's weave whenever Tyra gets ghetto.

- Do two shots whenever one of the contestants gets wasted.

- Every time Jay Manuel is on the screen, chug your liquor and throw the bottle/glass at the TV!

- Beer bong a beer whenever there's "Tyramail"

- Take a shot everytime TYRA PUTS A PICTURE OF HERSELF BEFORE THE UP-COMING SEGMENT!!!

- Drink whenever Ebony's(why was she picked?!?!?) catch pharse, 'Don't get it twisted.', is said.

- Everytime Nigel is on, he is effing hot.

- Everytime Tyra turns one girl's experience into a story about her mama, call your mother and drunkenly tell her why you never call her. Then take a shot!

- Drink every time a girl calls her Mom.

- Drink every time Twiggy talks about her career

- Drink every time J Manuel rolls his eyes or acts annoyed at a photo shoot.

- Drink every time the judges say the close up is great but the full body shot sucks

- Take a shot everytime Jay Manual instructs one of the girls to have "intensity behind the eyes" or when he says "you have to believe it otherwise I won't believe it."

- Take a shot everytime the girls are instructed to be "fierce," but you'd die of alcohol poisoning.

- Drink whenever Tyra demonstrates how the girls SHOULD do anything.

- Anytime they say Top Model or America's Next Top Model. Which is a lot due the elimination round.

- Anytime Twiggy says "I like that."

- Take a shot every time Tyra tells the girls..."you're still in the running toward becoming america's next top model."

- Take a shot each time tyra's forehead looks like an oil slick.

- Whenever a girl squeals at a pitch so high your dog begins to look confused.

- Whenever the editing team breaks out the crickets chirping.

- Whenever we hear about a girl's medical problems or problems with her parents.

- Anytime a girl complains about her Tyra-based makeover.

- Whenever the girls get excited over a relatively shitty celebrity (ODB, one of the Williams sisters, former ANTM winners, etc.)

- Everytime one of the girls says some kind of crap about wanting to be a model her whole life or how winning will change her life for the better, etc.

- Take a shot everytime one of the girls decrees that she wants it 'more than anyone'.

- Whenever a fight is started (+1 shot if it's physical).

- Whenever the photographer isn't "connecting" with the model.

- Whenevr the lesbian hooks up (+1 shot if it's with one of the models).

- Whenever the girls travel somewhere.

- Whenever a judge mentions a models "dead eyes".

- Whenever a girl says "i'm do/did/look/am better than her/all the girls.

- Drink any time Tyra says "I see (x amount) of beautiful girls before me".

- Drink any time Tyra says that she's paid her dues, so she can eat cheeseburgers and knows they will airbrush her photos.

- Drink any time any of the judges mention how androgynous Kim's look is.

- Take a shot when they say "COVER GIRL".

Yay for Perez!

xx

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Sara-Racey Tabrizi from Cycle Two should've won. Whilst having a natural beauty presence she was very consistent in her photograph portfolio. She was robbed of the ANTM Winners Modelling Contract.

HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog89 said:
Sara-Racey Tabrizi from Cycle Two should've won. Whilst having a natural beauty presence she was very consistent in her photograph portfolio. She was robbed of the ANTM Winners Modelling Contract.
I can't even remember who Sara was :/

That aside, 'natural beauty' and consistency isn't enough to make a winner... for example Kaylen and Amanda (cycles 4 and 3 respectively) had that, just not the approachability and the personality.

EDIT: I LOVED APRIL TOO!!

Alas, I also missed the episode where she was evicted. I heard something happened between her and Yoanna, but I have no idea what. Man, I loved that girl... still do. Always on the edge of my seat when I see her on Tyra's show!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
april?
meh april was boring
there are preetier asian girls floating around on bos
ill never forgive those pathetic histrionics when she thought there would be snakes in a photoshoot

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I can't even remember who Sara was :/

That aside, 'natural beauty' and consistency isn't enough to make a winner... for example Kaylen and Amanda (cycles 4 and 3 respectively) had that, just not the approachability and the personality.

EDIT: I LOVED APRIL TOO!!

Alas, I also missed the episode where she was evicted. I heard something happened between her and Yoanna, but I have no idea what. Man, I loved that girl... still do. Always on the edge of my seat when I see her on Tyra's show!
She was the beautiful Iranian contestant and no if you would've followed that Cycle you would've seen Sara's personality begin to develop, as is the case with most other models starting out in the business.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
She was the beautiful Iranian contestant and no if you would've followed that Cycle you would've seen Sara's personality begin to develop, as is the case with most other models starting out in the business.
Oh yeah. I remember her. The one whose dad didn't want her to be a model? Right? And the psychic came and spoke to them and yeah, mentioned her dad?

She actually was kinda cool.

xx

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
Oh yeah. I remember her. The one whose dad didn't want her to be a model? Right? And the psychic came and spoke to them and yeah, mentioned her dad?

She actually was kinda cool.

xx
When they had that acting challenge I think she fully broke down over he dads refusal of her to compete in ANTM. When she was eliminated she was an emotional wreck again, anyway I've seen some of her recent modelling shoots and she looks hot.

HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog89 said:
hrmm

The problem is, most of the ANTM winners already have developed personalities (Adriana and Sharon, Yoanna and Mercedes, Eva and Yaya, Naima, Nicole, Danielle and Joanie and JADE, Caridee and MELROSE)

strong personalities, from the moment they came in.

I'm not totally disregarding the personality development of contestants, but in a choice between the beautiful girl with personality and the beautiful girl with a developing personality that WILL be handed a contract at the end of the competition, I can totally understand the judges decision to chose the one with the already-established personality :/

Last edited:

lexie85

HSC
i thought sara and april were both so beautiful and unique looking, much better than boring looking ones like shandi etc etc

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Haha Shandi wasn't boring, she was high fashion. She had the body and the really angular look that's good for runways and couture.

I think April and Sara were more commercial and couldn't really translate that into couture, they were more one sided.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Australias Next Top Model. Cycle One.

Does anybody remember? Did anybody watch?

WELL! Breaking news.

That bitch Sam is in Cosmopolitan. The January issue for 2007, near the back wearing a black floppy hat with loose curls. It says she is an 'advertising consultant.' Hmmm...her modelling career clearly didn't take off then.

Although, maybe Cosmo is lying, because they said they took '6 girls off the street.' Hmmm...

Anyway. I hate Sam.

The end.

P.S Shandi developed a lot from the start. At the auditions she = gross.

xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)