anyone else think this is unfair? (1 Viewer)

trento654

HSC
This is gonna be a long post but i just can't belive this, i went to do my p's test for the 3rd time after improving my driving to the point where my family, friends and me thought yeh he'll pass,

BUT:mad: thank to some hard ass testing officer, i failed for apparently making an illegal manouvre which was being slightly too far right before making a left had turn from a quiet road on to another quiet road
and even with exagerating my observation he still managed to pull 4 missed observation checks out of his ass.
however my score was 94/102 so if it weren't for his perfectionist assholism looking constantly for a reason to fail me with the fail items in 40 mins and take the money i'd be driving. compared to some mistakes quilified full license frequent drivers can make on the road everyday my "mistakes" were so tame or pretty similar

it's just rediculous it's like taking a test to become a testing officer at least with that guy i'm pretty sure judging by other people i know who have recently passed have had some less harsh markers cause more then a few that i've seen are pretty shit drivers one girl almost hit a guy on a bike, mailbox, and elderly lady while doing a 3. turnb the day after she got hers,and another guy totaled his car trying to drift the week after.

i wish i had just done the old 20 mins test cause even with my shit drivng back then i bet i would of passed

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
If a testing officer thinks you're not ready to be out on the road by yourself, then chances are you're not ready to be out on the road by yourself. If they give you fail items, it means you didn't drive well enough in the test. Deal.

trento654

HSC
DownInFlames said:
If a testing officer thinks you're not ready to be out on the road by yourself, then chances are you're not ready to be out on the road by yourself. If they give you fail items, it means you didn't drive well enough in the test. Deal.

very easy for someone who hasen't even done the new test i'm guessing
even driving instructors have told me countless times this new test can be extremly hard to pass i rekon it depend on who's testing you more then anything

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yes and No.

The basics of the old test are still there it's just the possibility of people messing up is greater because it is longer.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
trento654 said:
very easy for someone who hasen't even done the new test i'm guessing
even driving instructors have told me countless times this new test can be extremly hard to pass i rekon it depend on who's testing you more then anything
It sucks having to fork out more cash every time you do it. But that's life. I haven't done the new test, but if I fail it will be because I'm not ready to get my Ps yet. Drivers can't afford to have off days where they make mistakes, and I know that everyone does at some stage, but just sometimes it causes an accident. A guy on his black licence backed out of his driveway into my car last week. Shit happens, but if it happens during your test, you fail. I still think it's fair.

trento654

HSC
DownInFlames said:
It sucks having to fork out more cash every time you do it. But that's life. I haven't done the new test, but if I fail it will be because I'm not ready to get my Ps yet. Drivers can't afford to have off days where they make mistakes, and I know that everyone does at some stage, but just sometimes it causes an accident. A guy on his black licence backed out of his driveway into my car last week. Shit happens, but if it happens during your test, you fail. I still think it's fair.
yeah well it's ok that you think that but i just i don't even think shit happenedi was using every bit of advise i had been given, i think i just had tough guy trying to get me on anything he could

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
If you make mistakes on your test and fail, then you shouldn't be on the road on your own. Just because there are some very poor drivers out there on their full license doesn't mean that the testing officer should be putting another bad driver on the road.

trento654

HSC
Daemontreu said:
If you make mistakes on your test and fail, then you shouldn't be on the road on your own. Just because there are some very poor drivers out there on their full license doesn't mean that the testing officer should be putting another bad driver on the road.
fuck off honestly, just cause you fail doesn't mean your a bad driver especilly with this new test it's rediculously hard depending on the officer observing you if you get in the 80's you are bad, for niow, but the 90 and fail for a barly explained reason seem unreasonable especially when qualified driver and instructor felt confident in me getting them this time
honestly i hate when people say that every driver that fail has to be bad at driving.

Crholic

HSC
I got 101 out of 104, but they failed me for one mistake. FKN asswholes. the want the $$$

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If you fail you're bad at driving. If you pass you're probably still not that good for the first 6 months. These are the facts.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I failed my first time with 99/100, for stopping too far away from a stop line. You know what I did? I played their game and got my fucking license.

CieL

HSC
Well look at it this way.
I was at my RTA hours before my test.
The THREE people before me all got failed by the instructor that took me.
I passed. First go.

Don't blame the instructor that took you. It's your own fault, I mean, it's your 3rd test. Instructors work on set guidelines in which you have to fulfill a criteria to pass. The RTA would know something was up if no-one was passing under that guy.

Exaggerated observation doesn't mean much. If you did it, you did it. The fact that he thinks you MISSED it means you didnt do it at all.

What else did you fail on the previous times?

trento654

HSC
Riet said:
If you fail you're bad at driving. If you pass you're probably still not that good for the first 6 months. These are the facts.
it's stupid to say you're bad if you fail cause that is just so untrue compared tosome the people i have see who have passed even in the new test and are unbelivably hazardousi am cetainly better them some of thoughs guys
ho and pretty sure a few of they guy saying that have not done the new test and that makes a HUGE difference

Last edited:

trento654

HSC
CieL said:
Well look at it this way.
I was at my RTA hours before my test.
The THREE people before me all got failed by the instructor that took me.
I passed. First go.

Don't blame the instructor that took you. It's your own fault, I mean, it's your 3rd test. Instructors work on set guidelines in which you have to fulfill a criteria to pass. The RTA would know something was up if no-one was passing under that guy.

Exaggerated observation doesn't mean much. If you did it, you did it. The fact that he thinks you MISSED it means you didnt do it at all.

What else did you fail on the previous times?
the previous times i don't even want to talk about i got 84 both times i'e improved drasticaly since then which is why i still cannot belive i failed and in don't believe i did anything so wrong i was looking constantly every chace i could just felt cheated after all thatyt looking fail

it's really easy for some who passed first go to say some of the shit i keep hearing you might have been lucky and been one of the decent dribers they overlooked your tiny mistakes and passed to avoid suspision of there fail ure rate, i've heard that there maybe onlyaloud to pass a certain percentage of people anyway you donno for sure hoe the rta truly work i heard many different things

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
trento654 said:
i've heard that there maybe onlyaloud to pass a certain percentage of people anyway you donno for sure hoe the rta truly work i heard many different things
Yea man, Theres a government conspiracy against you,
The RTA was formed back in 1955 for the sole purpose that in Februrary 2008 they would fail a 17 year old kid with a nickname of "trento654".

Comrade Ari

Banned
HSC
N/A
The driving instructors authority is superior to that of yours. He knows best for you are just a cog in the machine that is the road transportation system.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Unlike other Bosers I'm going to approach you in the same manner I did with my initial post.

We have all heard stories of good driver who on the day of their DART test let the nerves get to them and they end up not passing. We have all heard of bad drivers passing. I'm sure everyone is heard someone talk about how they think the RTA only passes a certain amount of people.

The truth is it is all about how you preform on the day of your DART test. The countless hours of practice you put in, time with instructors, parents etc all come together for just one what is now 30-40mins driving test. Yes for some it can be stressful/nervous but like someone else said on the road you only get one chance to make every decision and the wrong decision could lead to an accident.

As far as I am aware you should know the points you failed on. There really is no point on getting worked up and angry about failing but more to the point look at each time you took and test and what went wrong. Work on correctly it. Maybe put in even more hours behind the wheel then you have after previous tests.

As for the new test, sure a lot of the people replying to this thread haven't done it however the basics are still their however longer the test maybe people still had to drive well for the length of the test to pass.

Best of luck. :)

Evilo

HSC
It's a test, you would expect their marking and your driving to be at a high level.
If P-platers didn't have accidents it would be much easier.
Its a standard, you failed to meet it.
/thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)