• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone else think this is unfair? (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
nah seriously though, at the age of 16 and your on your L's, thats crazy, even when i was 16 i couldnt believe i was allowed to drive, we should adopt the american style. Age 18 or 21, i forget.

We should also adopt 'capital punishment' for serial/child murderers.

Where the last statement came from....i dont know!

Evilo

HSC
CieL said:
I reckon they should use a driving simulator instead of going on the real roads until they get a hang of things.
NRMA have that.

Keep in mind the P's test is to test to see if you are fit to drive without assistance. By the time you go for your Ps, you should be competent in driving.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Evilo said:
NRMA have that.

Keep in mind the P's test is to test to see if you are fit to drive without assistance. By the time you go for your Ps, you should be competent in driving.
QFT!

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
The existing NSW graduated licensing system is being adopted by most other states. (L, P1 and P2). Minor administrative and program variances apply. It might interest folk that it is in fact EU in some of its core-program source, its emphasis is on 'defensive' driving. Have a close look at the state and territory driver handbooks, even my Sig as to a hint of that.

Advanced driver training on the other hand is left for interested individuals, security forces, and protective services.

Back in December 15, 2004 the Commonwealth kicked off the 'National Driver Training Scheme' with NSW and VIC as initial partners, hence you see the harmonisation of licensing unfolding.

Of course, the system does not re-check older road users, say those like myself above age 40, 'yet'. Issue here of politics and fear of electoral backlash. On that thought, we could perhaps re-test 'repeat offenders' or those who are penalised for having had a crash vis; - by have them do a seperate defensive driver course- at their cost etc. Ways and means.

Trent fella needs to know that NO quota system exists whatsoever. The on road test does contain a few automatic 'instant fail' items, so even if your score if 99% AND you make that one mistake the tester is obliged to fail you.

Certain things you must get 'right', and hopefully continue doing so after passing, and that includes a driver candidates 'attitude'- that represents 'behaviour'.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
Keepleft said:
Advanced driver training on the other hand is left for interested individuals, security forces, and protective services.
Studies have shown that drivers become over-confident behind the wheel after undertaking these "advanced driver courses"

Keepleft said:
Of course, the system does not re-check older road users, say those like myself above age 40, 'yet'. Issue here of politics and fear of electoral backlash. On that thought, we could perhaps re-test 'repeat offenders' or those who are penalised for having had a crash vis;
Correct, i agree.
Keepleft said:
Trent fella needs to know that NO quota system exists whatsoever. The on road test does contain a few automatic 'instant fail' items, so even if your score if 99% AND you make that one mistake the tester is obliged to fail you.
true, you only get one chance of getting the judging correct when turning across oncoming traffic.

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
Studies have shown that drivers become over-confident behind the wheel after undertaking these "advanced driver courses"
Which is why the world, including Germany and the UN Road Traffic Safety body, does not advocate for, and will not teach advanced driver training.

It is recognised as 'legitimate' for the above persons/ocupations, including race personnel!

NB - would you like some form of older person - (clarrification of why)/repeat offender/fined crash-driver - mandatory defensive driver training-at their cost? I am thinking along the lines that a candidate completes a course (day or so) then brings back a completion certificate to RTA to then be re-issued either the previous license, or a probabtionary 12 month job.

Not dissimilar to VIC's proposal atm.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
tbh i reckon if you crash twice in a 12 month period you should be ordered to re-sit the ps test. If you pass you become a silver driver, if you fail, you go back to learners.

CieL

HSC
Evilo said:
tbh i reckon if you crash twice in a 12 month period you should be ordered to re-sit the ps test. If you pass you become a silver driver, if you fail, you go back to learners.
So what happens when a Gold Licenced driver crashes several times a year?

Kipz

HSC
No, if you deserved to fail it is completely fair however I still feel for you as I have had quite a bad experience myself with the RTA and so far still haven't got my P's.

I started off, got 98 percent and failed and I was like "fine, I wasn't ready" took a couple of lessons felt pretty confident then come test day a month later BAM fail two minutes into the test because I didn't have my new registration ticket on my car. One month later, my third text, I felt pretty good, did the whole test without any mistakes and I was SURE I was going to get it but the test was classed as "invalid" because of road work not allowing me to go down a crucial section to the test. My third test was free but now I have to wait ANOTHER MONTH. I swear I am never going to get this thing.

Evilo

HSC
CieL said:
So what happens when a Gold Licenced driver crashes several times a year?
if the gold licenced driver crashes several times a year - they would be reduced to a silver licence if they pass the "test", if they fail, - they go back to their Ls.
A bit extreme but i think its only fair. If i was in that position and i "created" that law, i would expect the same punishment for me.

jcurry

HSC
get over it, the new tests isnt exactly hard its pretty simple to pass anyways unless you make a stupid mistake or you arent yet ready for the test
i myself failed during my first p's test for not giving way to an ambulance that vut across two lanes into mine travelling towards me, i moved over but apparently it has to be done like 200m ahead or some shit and i was only like 100m away
stupid mistake
on my second test though i passed with like 98% and only lost marks due to reving the car a little to much lol

cf123

HSC
I failed my p's with a score of 98/100 because i turned left when she asked me to turn right. hahaha, i was nervous and confused. deliberate failure to follow directions my ass! stupid old lady.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
For the next time do your test juts remember to ask the testing officer to repeat the direction if your not sure.

Good luck. :)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I always have to check which way is left haha.
You can see me make an L shape with my left hand before I move.

HSC
wrxsti said:
nah seriously though, at the age of 16 and your on your L's, thats crazy, even when i was 16 i couldnt believe i was allowed to drive, we should adopt the american style. Age 18 or 21, i forget.

you can get your full licence in america when you're 16, dickhead

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
wrxsti said:

Generally you can drive solo at a younger age in America than here...

walkahz

HSC
Dude i agree with you but give up now cause ur not making it any better for yourself.
My first test the dumb bitch of a tester failed me for missing 4 observation checks. She said i missed the first pulling out of the rta.
That was bullshit i am 100% sure i checked it. Out of the others i might have missed one but i dont remember (its been 10 months). My driving instructor couldnt belive i didnt pass as i always checked my blindspots. I sucked it up and booked again. Second test had to go in an unfamiliar area but i passed so it was all good.
Some testers are pricks get over it book it again and pass. Driving test is just a money raiser for them.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
It's funny how everytime someone fails it's always the marker's fault. Suck it up, think about why you failed, go back in a few days/weeks, and do better.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
It's funny how everytime someone fails it's always the marker's fault. Suck it up, think about why you failed, go back in a few days/weeks, and do better.
Yeh, there's no way the people testing would no anything, I mean come on: it's not like they do it for a living! Oh wait... I'd say it'd be extremely rare for an RTA person to fail you just for the sake of it. It's not like they get paid per person they fail.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
my first time i failed i thought was for a stupid reason.
i was at a left turn indicator turning left, and as the light went green and i looked left, and there was a car running a red light. so i waited for him to cruise on through, but by that time the light went orange so i couldnt cross the stop line. and i failed for disobeying a road sign
the second time i passed cause i was in a small car and the guy was heaps fat so my hand kept rubbing his leg. i swear he loved it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)