Anyone get 95+ without TUTORING? (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
annabackwards said:
I didn't get tutored for 2U math at all and i got a band 6 :D
Just work hard and you'll be fine :D

I got a tutor for maths extension 1 and 2 now though because it's easier for me if someone gives me set work and helps me out when needed. That's what i get for doing 13 units hehehe
a band 6 for 2u maths is not, ah, very impressive you know, try for some in mx1 and mx2, gl with your tutor =D

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
dp624 said:
a band 6 for 2u maths is not very impressive you know, try for some in mx1 and mx2, gl with your tutor =D
band 6 in ext1 isn't very impressive either after alignment..

mrated96

higginsl
HSC
*Cassie* said:
why shouldn't he show of about a UAI of 98.2?
If i got that, i know i would be showing off!
To me, thats a great mark, congrats haha :party:
hey, cos your so nice email me w_razor@Hotmail.com and i'll give you a bunch of good essays for those subjects that you do.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
annabackwards said:
Congrats on your great UAI :D Yeah, tutoring does really help especially if you tend to procrastinate like i do :skip:
thanks man, yea i guess money is what makes the world go round, unfortunatly. Did tutoring make the hsc less stressful for you?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Eclipse008 said:
The subject I got tutored in (2U maths) was the subject that didn't end up getting calculated into my uai and I got 96.50. AND I go to a public comprehensive high school
yeh, just because you get tutored, doesn't mean you will succeed

but some people definitely do improve with tutoring - i know people who have, although i never was tutored

personally, i believe one should get tutored if they need to, as in, they don't understand things or are falling behind - not just to make the workload easier

wow!

HSC
N/A
I know a friend who did not get tutoring for yrs 11 and 12 but who did go in previous years to Kumon, got 99.1. She also went to only a comprehensive govt school. Having said that tho, she is extremely dedicated n conscientious.

rockvsstone

HSC
I reckon it's impossible to get over 95 if ur lazy, eve if u go to 6 or more different tutorings. It goes to show that having responsibility towards your work outweighs the benefits of going to heaps of tutoring.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
a band 6 for 2u maths is not, ah, very impressive you know, try for some in mx1 and mx2, gl with your tutor =D
stfu dp! annabackwards, band 6 is a great achievement, just ignore people like this. Im happy with achieving a band 6 (98) in Mathematics (2U).

No tutoring, 97.75, public school education btw, much better than private imo, much more diverse community, which is more like what u deal with in the real world.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
no. you can't get over 95 without a tutor. you explicitly and absolutely can't. it just can't happen. no.

same story for 4 unit then...
absolutely. anything less than band 7 and you ought to top yourself =]

Last edited:

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
yer, thank you! Its just annoying to constantly hear about how dp went so well at maths and all other subjects. The great majority of ppl on BOS got the marks and UAI they desired and are very happy with their achievements, and for people to say, " thats not much an acheivement" etc just pisses me off really.

I think people should remember that "achievements" are relative to an individual, not always a group of people.

P.S: if u agree entirely, feel free to rep me hahaha

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
that's good to hear lol
thankyou. i think the imagery suited purpose well.

I think people should remember that "achievements" are relative to an individual, not always a group of people.
true. i have two cousins. one got 75 and was elated, because she got into her course. her sister got 99.4 and was incredibly disappointed.

that said, an 'achievement' most usually suggests something thats recognised by others.

i'm sure some bogan retard will get 40 for their UAI and be over the moon, but calling that an achievement would be too generous an adjective

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i'm sure some bogan retard will get 40 for their UAI and be over the moon, but calling that an achievement would be too generous an adjective
Hm, true.

I guess "achievement" is something that can only be recognised by others. But at the end of the day, you are the one who must be happy with your own achievement. No matter, how much people congratulate on how well you did, if you cannot congratulate yourself, how is that an achievement?.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)