Anyone here do strength training? (1 Viewer)

pattherat111

HSC
yer i do, the first half of my gym program for my sport was based on building strength in key areas. We did things like squats, cleans etc

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Try doing leg cranks, they are amazing.
We do alot of strength training for our legs, and finish daily with these babies!

Lots of jumping.

20 squats
40/leg alternating lunges
20/leg split squat jumps
20 squat jumps
how much can you leg press.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
ahahahaha at the dude who benches 130 u must be so top heavy if its true.

me too i do ~250 for leg press 3 reps of 10, but that was years ago

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
ahahahaha at the dude who benches 130 u must be so top heavy if its true.

me too i do ~250 for leg press 3 reps of 10, but that was years ago

Benches 130 lol. Its probably his 1 rep max in pounds lol.

TBH my leg press was a total guess, i'll edit it when i gym it and find out!

Venom.

HSC
i've been going to the gym on and off for about 5 years. i can bench 130 kilos. about 20 times i think is my record. but i haven't been for 6 months now so thats probably gone down a significant amount :eek:
vids or it did not happen.

Seriously, unless you weigh around 130kgs+, I do not believe you.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I usually do about 240kg
5x20kg plates on each side
12 reps x 5 sets
See I can do that much but I'm not sure if it's worth it because then i am absolutely slaughtered come lunges time.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
k guys, im gonna do weights this arvo, meaning at around 4-5pm.

Normally i use a weight that lets me do 3 sets of around 15, last set is done till i cant do anymore, so sometimes i go to 18 or something.

Should i increase my weight and do less reps, like between 7-10 reps, of a heavier weight?

And should i do each set thru to failure?
This would mean my first set would be, say, 15 reps, second would be like 12 and third would be about 9 (coz it obviously gets progressively harder).

whatchu think everyone?

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Yeh dude i strength train. But i also work out. Not like them noobs that go to the gym and copy what ever they see in magazines. My strength training consists of 4 exercises. Deadlift, clean and jerk, squats and bench presses. 3 sets each with 6-8 reps. I'm in the heavyweight division, so i can't linger on power.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC

Normally i use a weight that lets me do 3 sets of around 15, last set is done till i cant do anymore, so sometimes i go to 18 or something.

Should i increase my weight and do less reps, like between 7-10 reps, of a heavier weight?

This would mean my first set would be, say, 15 reps, second would be like 12 and third would be about 9 (coz it obviously gets progressively harder).

whatchu think everyone?
Dude wtf? You only do 3 sets in your whole workout? Where are you working out? All professional bodybuilder trainers agree that 8-12 sets is the right amount. Over- train and you will stunt your growth. In your case, your under training.

Gloves

HSC

whatchu think everyone?
increase the weight, and lower the reps.

power lifting ftw.

and i think you should be consistent. maybe 11 reps/set or whatever it works out to be.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Dude wtf? You only do 3 sets in your whole workout? Where are you working out? All professional bodybuilder trainers agree that 8-12 sets is the right amount. Over- train and you will stunt your growth. In your case, your under training.
um, 3 sets of each workout i do, meaning dumbell chest press, chest fly (if u could call it that), bicep curl, forearm, shoulder, bicep/forearm, and something else that does the traps but i dunno what its called.

increase the weight, and lower the reps.

power lifting ftw.

and i think you should be consistent. maybe 11 reps/set or whatever it works out to be.
ok

Last edited:

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
um, 3 sets of each workout i do, meaning dumbell chest press, chest fly (if u could call it that), bicep curl, forearm, shoulder, bicep/forearm, and something else that does the traps but i dunno what its called.

ok
So you work out your forearms, biceps, traps, chest, traps in one day? Dude get educated on what to work out. That means in total you only do like 3 or 6 sets per body part. The norm is 8-12 sets for ONE muscle.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
erm im not some fully hektik bodybuilder, bro, who works out every day and drinks bananas and eggs and protein, man.

i work out once a week, i dont really watch my diet (tho ive tried to cut down carbs, and i make sure i eat meat in the following days after my workout).
plus im 166cm tall and i use the same weights, if not more, than my friends who are a head taller than me.

Plus after my 3 sets i feel pretty dead, so i know im doing fine, thank you very much.

oh, forgot to say before, i do pushups after my workout, slow ones, 3 sets of as many as i can do. Been doing inclined ones lately.

Last edited:

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
erm im not some fully hektik bodybuilder, bro, who works out every day and drinks bananas and eggs and protein, man.

i work out once a week, i dont really watch my diet (tho ive tried to cut down carbs, and i make sure i eat meat in the following days after my workout).
plus im 166cm tall and i use the same weights, if not more, than my friends who are a head taller than me.

Plus after my 3 sets i feel pretty dead, so i know im doing fine, thank you very much.

oh, forgot to say before, i do pushups after my workout, slow ones, 3 sets of as many as i can do. Been doing inclined ones lately.
So you're basically just doing it for exercise. You're not looking to grow muscle or get lean.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
i am looking to grow muscle, but i wouldnt bother with aiming for immediate gains in the next 2 seconds.
With proper workout it will take months before you notice a difference. With your current workout, years. If you want to grow muscle, do it right. Or you will just be wasting your time and risking injury.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
um..okay guy.

mabe read earlier posts of mine in this thread, im pretty sure i know what im doing, i just wanted a tiny bit of advice, thats all.

btw i started weights again from december last year, and after a few weeks i was able to do more reps that what i started with, and last week i stepped up all my weights by a few kilos.

pretty sure this mean ive been getting results. or at least making progress.

Last edited:

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
um..okay guy.

mabe read earlier posts of mine in this thread, im pretty sure i know what im doing, i just wanted a tiny bit of advice, thats all.

btw i started weights again from december last year, and after a few weeks i was able to do more reps that what i started with, and last week i stepped up all my weights by a few kilos.

pretty sure this mean ive been getting results. or at least making progress.
You working out so many major muscles in one workout proves you don't. Hey i was only trying to help:rofl:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)