• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone wanna explain the reps (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
Another green box is 100 points and the next one is 250 points I think.
You can also make comments when you rep people. To give a negative rep you have to make a comment.
You can't give rep to the same person continuously. It will tell you to spread the love before repping the person again.

From the vBulletin Manual
User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

User reputation can be a divisive element of your forum so great care should be taken before a decision is made to enable it.

All of the factors that affect a user's reputation score are found in the User Reputation section of the vBulletin Options. Please view that section of the manual for more information on controlling how users are able to affect another user's reputation.

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Another green box is 100 points and the next one is 250 points I think.
You can also make comments when you rep people. To give a negative rep you have to make a comment.
You can't give rep to the same person continuously. It will tell you to spread the love before repping the person again.

From the vBulletin Manual
Thanks

annagurl

HSC
N/A
What? I have 5 rep boxes but only like 400 something rep :/

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Rep is not a commodity that can be bought, sold or traded. It must be earnt.

/righteousness

HSC
Uni Grad
Dark green boxes are 100 points each, light green are 500 each, gold are 4000 each.

I think.

Gigacube

HSC
Aww, no rep from Kelvin *shall harass tomorrow* :p
Also, someone just negged me for no reason :O
I'm offended D:
It's alright if they negged you and have 0 rep power as it doesn't change the amount of points.
I'll rep you.

xV1P3R

HSC
Why do I have 5 Rep power but 1 box?

Strange...

mcmc55555

HSC
Reps on this forum are purely an egotistical thing. People buy rep, have their mates rep them on sight and neg rep people simply because they don't like them. Wouldn't bother worrying about it.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Reps on this forum are purely an egotistical thing. People buy rep, have their mates rep them on sight and neg rep people simply because they don't like them. Wouldn't bother worrying about it.
lol, really?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)