Apple or Android? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Oh, we haven't talked about the amount of shit you can do with Android after you rooted it, I mean with Tasker app, you turn your phone into a fucking robot (I mean Android), it's automation beyond this Apple's wet dream lol.

That's why you'le always here this from Apple users "can your phone do that?" lol, fucking sheeps.

turntaker

HSC
Oh, we haven't talked about the amount of shit you can do with Android after you rooted it, I mean with Tasker app, you turn your phone into a fucking robot (I'm Android), it's automation beyond this Apple's wet dream lol.
Or adblock from apps

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Or he's just a mobile OS noob, who has ever experienced advanced operation on his mobile phone because he's using an iPhone lol.

I watch around 500 to 800 movies a year, that's roughly about 12 movies a week, I can never do that if it wasn't for Android, because no one has the time to sit down in front of the computer and watch that many movies. My note 3 with it's 1080p Amoled (which can display true black pixels unlike the iPhone with it's IPS LCD can not display true black due to LCD's light panel, which means movies experience really suck) and my 128GB SD card and removable batteries.

I carry around with me 20 + Full HD movies at all times so when I'm on the train or something, I can always have access to FHD movies, and with apps such as VLC, DicePlayer and BSPlayer, I can play all all sorts of format with watch them at 1.5 to 2.0 times the speed, which is a true game changer to mobile movie consumption efficiency(VLC goes up to 4.0x), hence allowing me to consume all the contents I download in an time efficient manner, yeah try to do that on the iPhone lol, you're battery would be dead by the time you finish watching one movie.

And as to the subs, BSplayer has auto sub search and download function, but I auto download subs using Subloader app, 30 seconds, I'll have all the subs for my 20 to 30 movies, except sometimes the rare documentary movies no one watches, alot of torrent movies comes with sub anyway, especially YIFY's torrent.
You just described a whole bunch of features/technical matters (i.e. formats/containers)/applications (and of course copyright violations) which mean nothing to me- I simply go on my iPhone, iPad Air, Macbook or Apple TV, find the movie I want, click on it, watch it over streaming, and done. I don't need to carry 20-30 movies with me because more likely than not, I won't be watching 20-30 movies on a small screen when I have a 70" TV and decent receiver/surround sound setup... and if I had that much time to kill, I definitely wouldn't be spending it just watching movies.

I do note that the only time this solution of streaming didn't work well for me was when I traveled to Indonesia for three days and the internet speeds were rubbish but fortunately I filled up my 128gb iPhone 6 and 64gb iPad Air 2 with games and movies.

ps. FYI internet speeds here in Singapore where I live are a little bit higher than the average in Australia.

Seremify is just a noob who probably only watch one movie a months, at 1x the speed, on his tiny LCD iPhone screen that does not even have enough pixels to display 1080p (unless you got the iPhone 6 plus which bent) and no true black pixel, that kills the battery and has to pays for it.
Or maybe I'm just someone who doesn't have time to muck around with settings/apps/etc and when I want to watch something, I just go ahead and enjoy it? I let the mundane details get handled by someone else.

Believe it or not but I used to care about this stuff back when I was a poor high school student, but now I just appreciate things working.

There is simply no comparison in terms of flexibility and power between Android and Apple, it's truly a comparison between an android and an apple. One is advanced technology, the other is just a fruit.
Agreed that Android is more flexible and powerful to some users, but how does it actually improve the user experience? What's the point at the end of all this?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, we haven't talked about the amount of shit you can do with Android after you rooted it, I mean with Tasker app, you turn your phone into a fucking robot (I mean Android), it's automation beyond this Apple's wet dream lol.

That's why you'le always here this from Apple users "can your phone do that?" lol, fucking sheeps.
My lights turn on automatically in the morning and change colour based on the weather forecast. The living room lights turn on gradually at sunset (for my dog) based on data from the weather bureau. The lights also detect when I'm approaching my house and turn on with geofencing.

I'm sure there's plenty more amazing stuff in the future but at least in the now, I don't think being on an iPhone is what hinders me from improving my home automation. Until I upgrade air conditioning units to be 'smart' or connected, I don't think it really matters what OS my phone is running.

EDIT: I read a review of Tasker and it does sound impressive and useful. I can't really think of how it would necessarily improve my life but I can imagine it could be useful for those who invest time in configuring it to suit them.

Last edited:

jdennis

HSC
I prefer iOS for a number of reasons:

1. You know what you're buying when you get an iPhone. If I buy a phone running Android, it will be made by a different company than the one that makes the OS, and then the manufacturer will modify the OS as well. So if there's a problem it's really hard to get it resolved because both can blame each other and the issue will not be fixed. Not to mention the millions of different screen sizes and OS versions that do and don't work with each individual phone model, meaning an app or feature I want may not be available for the phone I buy.

2. I don't need advanced customisation options because I buy my iPhone, turn it on and it works. For some users modding the fuck out of their phone might be a useful feature but I don't need to do that.

3. I have a MacBook Air and my iPhone and iPad integrate seamlessly with it in a number of ways.

4. The build quality of Apple products is awesome and they (in my experience) almost never encounter software or hardware issues. When they do, Apple's customer support is first class.

In the end though, the entire debate is pointless as each user will have different needs and to be honest, what does it matter what someone else likes anyway? Just buy the phone YOU want and be happy with it :)

Anthel

HSC
N/A
For IOS and Andriod users,

can your phone look boss like this?

I bet your phones doesnt have cows and cats on your buttons and a full mirror as a screen.
You cant break my phone nor beat it.

Last edited:
HSC
For IOS and Andriod users,

can your phone look boss like this?

http://www.cpsc.gov/PageFiles/77634/08290a.jpg[IMG]

I bet your phones doesnt have cows and cats on your buttons and a full mirror as a screen.
You cant break my phone nor beat it.[/QUOTE]
The hell... is that a small mirror at the top lol?

-----------------------------------------------
so basing on your "reviews"
android is like a tablet/ computer in your pocket but doesn't actually fit in your pocket. So it's a tablet that can call...?
ios is user-friendlier..?

you guys are listing what I can do on a laptop/ tablet or tv

FlameLash

HSC
The hell... is that a small mirror at the top lol?

-----------------------------------------------
so basing on your "reviews"
android is like a tablet/ computer in your pocket but doesn't actually fit in your pocket. So it's a tablet that can call...?
ios is user-friendlier..?

you guys are listing what I can do on a laptop/ tablet or tv
What do you mean by it not fitting in your pocket?

Anthel

HSC
N/A
A mirror yes. Its next-gen technology I cant get enough of it... but I know this is you right now

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I prefer iOS for a number of reasons:

1. You know what you're buying when you get an iPhone. If I buy a phone running Android, it will be made by a different company than the one that makes the OS, and then the manufacturer will modify the OS as well. So if there's a problem it's really hard to get it resolved because both can blame each other and the issue will not be fixed. Not to mention the millions of different screen sizes and OS versions that do and don't work with each individual phone model, meaning an app or feature I want may not be available for the phone I buy.

2. I don't need advanced customisation options because I buy my iPhone, turn it on and it works. For some users modding the fuck out of their phone might be a useful feature but I don't need to do that.

3. I have a MacBook Air and my iPhone and iPad integrate seamlessly with it in a number of ways.

4. The build quality of Apple products is awesome and they (in my experience) almost never encounter software or hardware issues. When they do, Apple's customer support is first class.

In the end though, the entire debate is pointless as each user will have different needs and to be honest, what does it matter what someone else likes anyway? Just buy the phone YOU want and be happy with it :)
I disagree with your first point. Screen size is not really an issue because all phones are pretty much in the same aspect ratio.

FlameLash

HSC
it's not compact enough to fit. The new ones I've seen are bigger than my hand :/
I want a pretty and compact phone. I'll keep searching...
That's another reason why Androids are better; they offer a broader range of alternatives than the three models Apple does. There are plenty of models that not only match the standard iPhone's size, but are smaller than it without compromising with cheaper hardware.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
LOL at everyone going 'can you do x? Can you do y?' with completely useless crap.
Reminds me of the new Surface ad hahaha.

Tbh I don't like touch screen based operating systems. Windows 8.1 is an exception being a hybrid and all though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I disagree with your first point. Screen size is not really an issue because all phones are pretty much in the same aspect ratio.
The issue is that the differing resolutions aren't always handled well by the software. When I bought an Android tablet (this was back in the 2.x era) there were apps which would run in the top left of the screen, others tried to scale/stretch with horrible artifacts and simple user interface elements like buttons/links wouldn't work (e.g. the button would appear in one place but you had to tap somewhere else to click). I'm sure newer Android apps are a bit cleverer at this but at the end of the day it's like a PC whereby the developers need to ensure compatibility with an infinite number of possible end user hardware scenarios whereas the marvel of having a limited number of hardware variations is that software can be better optimised. Obviously there are downsides such as lack of choice (e.g. if you want a small phone but top specs) but a lot of us can live with that since Apple tends to make stuff for the mainstream/average and sadly I am in that category, but hey, it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Reminds me of the new Surface ad hahaha.

Tbh I don't like touch screen based operating systems. Windows 8.1 is an exception being a hybrid and all though.
I just bought a cheap Asus T100TA last weekend for fun and I think in Metro mode Windows 8.1 does pretty well (the slide in of charms bar isn't that great but it's better than when I had Windows 8 on a non touch screen desktop PC)... but in Desktop mode where you have normal interface controls, Windows apps clearly were never designed with touch screen in mind. Heck, even Office 365 on Windows touch isn't that great... but I'm glad they have the spaced out buttons option.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I just bought a cheap Asus T100TA last weekend for fun and I think in Metro mode Windows 8.1 does pretty well (the slide in of charms bar isn't that great but it's better than when I had Windows 8 on a non touch screen desktop PC)... but in Desktop mode where you have normal interface controls, Windows apps clearly were never designed with touch screen in mind. Heck, even Office 365 on Windows touch isn't that great... but I'm glad they have the spaced out buttons option.

I don't mind 8.1 without the touch screen. Been using it like as if I'm using Windows 7 at the moment. Only time I go to windows home screen is to quick search something, change a few settings, or for powering reasons (shut down, sleep, etc).

Mind you prior to this I was mainly using Win XP :p and quite a bit of Win 7 so yeah you can see the correlation there haha.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
@seremify

I know you're an accountant, and accountants by nature are boring and not very analytical by any means of imagination.

In finance, there is an extension of derivatives called Real Option Valuation, and as the name suggest, the option itself is worth something, even if you don't choose to exercise that option, but having that option to move is valuable, just like a financial option.

You dismissed all the options available in Android as useless to you(despite you never even tried) based on rationalisation, therefore you conclude that the option is of no value, and that Apple and just as good as Android is that regard.

There are two fundamental logical errors.

First, having an option to do something is always worth more than not having that option. That's why American option is always worth more than European option. Even if you don't use that option, you circumstances might change in the future, which might require you to exercise that option, option is therefore an insurance policy, which is true in real life.

Secondly, your usage habit does not represent other people, dismissing an option value used on personal biase is just beyond the most basic financial common sense.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)