Apple or Android? (1 Viewer)

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Which operating system do you prefer?

turntaker

HSC
Which operating system do you prefer?
Well I prefer Android because iOS makes me feel old/dumb.
Android allows me to customise my phone the way I want and I can do pretty much anything I do on my PC.
Stuff like downloading torrents is possible through android.
I have a galaxy s3 LTE model running Cyanogenmod 11 KitKat with a custom kernel. Its also overclocked at 1.6ghz. (I don't think I can do that with iphone lel)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I like iOS because it just works.

Not considering the devices themselves (of which I prefer my iPhone/iPad), I like the software because everything works. Yes there are some limitations (e.g. iCloud is the only way to back up the entire iOS device - the other cloud providers can only back up specific data e.g. photos) but for the most part, there's a much wider range of compatible software/applications which are optimised, and generally speaking, when there are instructions for setting something up they include iOS specific instructions which will look the same all the time (other than for screen size). This is particularly important for me from a data security perspective since my employer/firm requires fully encrypted devices to use them for work. I also was a huge fan of Office 365 for iPhone/iPad which was very well optimised for the interface.

I have had a couple of Android devices in my life but I feel they are very complicated. When I was a kid I loved Symbian and having to play around with system files/etc using file managers to make things work and being able to customise everything- but now, I'm happy as long as it works first time all the time. I still remember with my Symbian phone I had installed various apps to change the way it rang and to show full screen caller ID (yes at some point s60 did not have that feature!) but it sometimes caused the phone to lag when trying to pick up a call, or for me to miss it altogether! I can't afford for that to happen now as it could be a mission critical call. I also feel that I have no need for things like overclocking or modifying because if I want to play a mobile game, they're already optimised for my hardware.

mreditor16

HSC
don't have time to go into it atm. but android imo. if you're not too good with tech tho, apple is good for user-friendliness

Papercutter

HSC
The only thing customizable for Apple is your device case. Unlike android, you cam barely do much to personalise the layout of your phone/tablet.

Android is much flexible and if you want to sync or transfer files to your computer, there's no need to download and use stupid iTunes.

turntaker

HSC
The only thing customizable for Apple is your device case. Unlike android, you cam barely do much to personalise the layout of your phone/tablet.

Android is much flexible and if you want to sync or transfer files to your computer, there's no need to download and use stupid iTunes.
Well said brother.

To iOS users. Can your iPhone do this?

financialwar

HSC
N/A
To iOS user, can you torrent movies straight onto your phone's external 128GB SD card, and watch it on the phone, than easily transfer the files onto a computer to share the movies with family and friends by remove the SD card?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well said brother.
To iOS users. Can your iPhone do this?

Why would I need that? All that does is waste time.

To iOS user, can you torrent movies straight onto your phone's external 128GB SD card, and watch it on the phone, than easily transfer the files onto a computer to share the movies with family and friends by remove the SD card?
No it can't. But I can buy what I want to watch on iTunes for a reasonable price, and then stream 1080p content with surround sound direct to my Apple TV. No need to worry about volume normalisation, incorrect audio tracks/subtitles, inconsistent quality, etc... and if I really want to prepare before I travel, I can save it locally before I leave the house. But then I don't really bother as my fibre connection with unlimited downloads is more than sufficient for my moderate needs. I can do all this knowing I'm supporting the content producers.

That being said, every now and then I do need to torrent something because it's not available (e.g. anime with subs) and in those instances, I could see this as being a useful solution... but then, I realised the final stage of Initial D can be streamed on Youtube anyway so I can still watch on my Apple TV (or any other device with the Youtube app).

Or this... 144 apps on one page of app drawer

That looks messy and inefficient. Reminds me of Lotus Notes. I prefer to just type the name of what I'm looking for and it'll pop up straight away.

On a side note you look like you have quite a few administrative utilities (e.g. task managers, cleaners) as well as many duplicate apps (e.g. camera apps), and apps which take up two or more icons (e.g. Nova launcher vs. settings). Just seems like it's filled with icons for the sake of it as opposed to driving a productive and efficient use of the screen.

turntaker

HSC
The person above me is an apple fanboy

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
And you are an Android fan.

I'm not saying one is better than the other- just that the arguments supporting Android above are for a very different use case scenario. I'm still unconvinced that changing platforms would benefit me.

That being said for the Op's purpose, or anyone who is actually looking to this thread for guidance as to which platform to go with, it comes down to what they intend to achieve or use the device for.

turntaker

HSC
And you are an Android fan.

I'm not saying one is better than the other- just that the arguments supporting Android above are for a very different use case scenario. I'm still unconvinced that changing platforms would benefit me.

That being said for the Op's purpose, or anyone who is actually looking to this thread for guidance as to which platform to go with, it comes down to what they intend to achieve or use the device for.
Nah m8

Android>iOS 4eva

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Or he's just a mobile OS noob, who has ever experienced advanced operation on his mobile phone because he's using an iPhone lol.

I watch around 500 to 800 movies a year, that's roughly about 12 movies a week, I can never do that if it wasn't for Android, because no one has the time to sit down in front of the computer and watch that many movies. My note 3 with it's 1080p Amoled (which can display true black pixels unlike the iPhone with it's IPS LCD can not display true black due to LCD's light panel, which means movies experience really suck) and my 128GB SD card and removable batteries.

I carry around with me 20 + Full HD movies at all times so when I'm on the train or something, I can always have access to FHD movies, and with apps such as VLC, DicePlayer and BSPlayer, I can play all all sorts of format with watch them at 1.5 to 2.0 times the speed, which is a true game changer to mobile movie consumption efficiency(VLC goes up to 4.0x), hence allowing me to consume all the contents I download in an time efficient manner, yeah try to do that on the iPhone lol, you're battery would be dead by the time you finish watching one movie.

And as to the subs, BSplayer has auto sub search and download function, but I auto download subs using Subloader app, 30 seconds, I'll have all the subs for my 20 to 30 movies, except sometimes the rare documentary movies no one watches, alot of torrent movies comes with sub anyway, especially YIFY's torrent.

Seremify is just a noob who probably only watch one movie a months, at 1x the speed, on his tiny LCD iPhone screen that does not even have enough pixels to display 1080p (unless you got the iPhone 6 plus which bent) and no true black pixel, that kills the battery and has to pays for it.

There is simply no comparison in terms of flexibility and power between Android and Apple, it's truly a comparison between an android and an apple. One is advanced technology, the other is just a fruit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)