Are free periods beneficial? (1 Viewer)

leoyh

mic`
HSC
how beneficial study periods are really depends on what time of the day they're during as well. like for me, i have 3 and they're all either at the start or end of the day, so i either just go home earlier and relax or sleep in. if they're during the day then i would definitely be able to use them more efficiently, but i'm striving towards it now anyway

schokman

HSC
Beneficial :D

Though my study periods aren't always used productively( :p), I still find them great to have :D When I have maths homework, I do it then, leaving me free the afternoon..
I love it when there's a study period before a test... obvious reasons why :p
But actually.. during most of my study periods I run off to the Music rooms and just spend my time there.. which is great for me cause well hey, I love music :D and I actually made most of my composition in just that little time in the Music room without anybody to disturb me..
Hmmm which reminds me... I gotta ask my music teacher if she help me a bit with the music theory (which I know nothing of)

I love study periods :D

The Hippy

HSC
frostyy said:
we only get one free period per fornight and man i wish i had more.. i get so much done in that one period than i would at home
\

likewise, we're supposed to have 3 free periods pf but we're forced to play sport for two of em. sport is a complete waste of time, we do jack.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
They're really good when there are other people doing the sameish subjects and you can use them as sounding boards for your ideas.

But when you have too many (I have 12 every 10 days) and are alone for many of them you begin to miss the stimulation of human contact. Zzz.

TruBlu

HSC
They're really good when there are other people doing the sameish subjects and you can use them as sounding boards for your ideas.

But when you have too many (I have 12 every 10 days) and are alone for many of them you begin to miss the stimulation of human contact. Zzz.
So true lol, but luckily enough for me there were peeps to keep me company by playing tennis , Stupid teachers ditched our classes. Although I felt guilty for playing tennis when every1 else was studying.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL - Eggleton: "Hey guys, sorry, I'm really tired, and can't be bothered - have a free period....and also, our last period - have that off too." :p

TruBlu

HSC
Ahh...Classic eggleton moment, I reckonz she's ok...even tho if you fail...the time off is worth it ;)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It was that day the Bio guys had their excursion, and her class was about 2/3 people short.

lanigoodness

HSC
michael1990 said:
study periods are only benificial when used properly.
I agree, there's no way they'd be beneficial if you didn't study. I find them really boring personally, I know in year 12 I'll be crazy for them but right now I just don't have anything to do! It doesn't help that they lock us out of the library either (my free period is the 'all year 11s and 12s get the hell out of the classrooms while year 10s have prep' period).

WhirledPeas

HSC
For us, most people doing 13 units have at least 7 periods a fortnight, I'm doing 14 and I have 3 frees a cycle.

But the problem with free periods (or 'study periods' as the teachers refer to them as) is that they usually overlap with my friends free periods - and being teenage girls, if u don't sit with them they get all bitchy!
so it's extremely distracting but I guess its good in a way - its a good break from all the work.

shayla

HSC
free periods are good. Well, they can be useful if they are taken advantage of and you can get work done just in that one free period, depending how long they are. But i feel, now looking bk on wen i had frees, that i found it for
me write more quicker in exams because i was aware that there was only 50-60 minutes in a free period that i had.

hannah

Macca58

HSC
i find them very handy when i have homework due that day that i havent done but apart from that i dont get much use as i only have one a fortnight.

Noobtron

HSC
Usually the frees period 1-4 are better but if you get them P5 or on a day with lunch classes you cant concentrate in them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)