• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Arrogant Australians! We have a bad reputation overseas? (1 Viewer)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Are you suggesting a Bogan Asian??

X

xeuyrawp

i like to see this arrogance as confidence. it is a fine line but we are proud of it.
Australian tourists can be pretty overbearing sometimes... But not arrogant.

To disagree with the article, though, I thought that the view of Australian tourists was that they're easygoing and sometimes oblivious of local customs and laws. I've never heard that Australians are known as arrogant.

Anyway, noone can disagree that it's actually eastern Europeans who are the worst tourists on earth.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Australian tourists held after drunken brawl in Rome

FOUR Australian tourists have been taken into custody and released after a drunken brawl in Rome that left a policeman seriously injured. The men became involved in an argument outside the John Bull pub at about 10.30pm on Monday.

Police called to the scene say they were assaulted by the group. One officer was so badly beaten he will be spending a week in Rome's Santo Spirito hospital.

Pub staff said the men had first arrived in the afternoon, then left and returned in the evening.

"They were already drunk in the afternoon and had probably been drinking all day," one worker said.

"There was an Italian guy who started arguing with them and then they started to fight.

"It was outside. A BMW was damaged."

The men have been released without restriction and a hearing has been set for mid-February, a Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman said.

The men are believed to between 20 and 23 years old, but no further details were available last night.

Roman police are known for being tough on foreign thugs - cracking down especially hard on English soccer hooligans.​

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
Australian tourists can be pretty overbearing sometimes... But not arrogant.

To disagree with the article, though, I thought that the view of Australian tourists was that they're easygoing and sometimes oblivious of local customs and laws. I've never heard that Australians are known as arrogant.

Anyway, noone can disagree that it's actually eastern Europeans who are the worst tourists on earth.
no way, the english are the worst!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)