• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ashes Series 2009 (2 Viewers)

Sculzyoner

HSC
O.K... What i meant that if the win did not come into calculations than the dec was greedy, but if he did think a win was possible it was the perfect declaration... Ponting must be an optimist.

Sculzyoner

HSC
The 'bubble has burst' for Hussey... Enough said. It could be a repeat of Hayden in '05 with Hayden essentially costing Australia.

Lentern

HSC
The 'bubble has burst' for Hussey... Enough said. It could be a repeat of Hayden in '05 with Hayden essentially costing Australia.
Dropping Hayden then would have been a jolly good move, we could then have tried to beat the Indians at home without him. He scored three centuries by the way and the one test Australia lost he was injured.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
one more wicket and england are goooone.

edit: spinners starting to look pretty dangerous here, bring on the twin spin option...hauritz and clarke, then katich then north :p

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And Hauritz takes another one! England in deep trouble.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
What are surprise, another english capitulation

seriously, if these ashes aren't good, it will be the death of test cricket. forever.

Lentern

HSC
he was averaging 60 at the start of his intl career...because he never got out...he hasnt done much in last few series
Dude his average didn't drop below sixty till well into 2008. Hayden and Waugh both recovered from worse form to have devestating seasons late in their career.

I also find it amusing that you tag on the fact that he's good at preserving his wicket as though it is something he should be ashamed of.

Lentern

HSC
Lentern you sound very trollish
Yes well I think I've allready made clear what I think of your posting. I can't imagine another time when people would say "this bloke, the one that averages 55, he' doesn't deserve his spot in the team"

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
8 overs to get either Panesar or Andersen out.

Will be interesting, I think the pommies might have a chance of pulling out a draw here.

blue_chameleon

HSC
I can't see the Aussies picking up a wicket in time. I hope i'm wrong, because it was a great 1st innings by them.

Hauritz is floating them up trying to entice them, when they are only going to defend. :confused:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Don't know whether to feel annoyed that we couldn't put England away or sort of relived we didn't so the series suspense continues. Have to applaud a wonderful rearguuard innings by Collingwood, and good last wicket batting from Panesar and Anderson. They did what Gillespie and Kasper couldn't in 05. This is what test cricket is all about.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Aus appeared really flat when they realised they were running out of time. Almost as if they conceded?

It's not Hauritz or North's fault though, they just weren't good enough and it's much easier to defend against spinners of their liking, than someone like Peter Siddle. Imo, even though the wicket was turning, they should have gone with one of the quicks to throw down some toe-breakers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)