Ashes Series 2009 (2 Viewers)

Roy9

HSC
5-321

One more wicket before stumps and I'd say we're slightly ahead

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Yeah not looking so bad now, hopefully bowl them out not to far into the first session.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
imo we're pretty much in the same position that we were in at the end of day one in the first test.

Roy9

HSC
Fuck Hilfenhaus is an absolute weapon. Where is that guy that called him a 'useless cunt'?

Lentern

HSC
Felt bad for Cook not reaching his hundred. It was a wonderful innings to watch whatever your team. Despite the collapse I still think a draw is very much on the cards. This English bowling attack is not going to run through Australia's top order on this deck.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lets hope we can clean up the tail first.

HSC
N/A
Felt bad for Cook not reaching his hundred. It was a wonderful innings to watch whatever your team. Despite the collapse I still think a draw is very much on the cards. This English bowling attack is not going to run through Australia's top order on this deck.
Well they've started well so far, hopefully Husseys day. Good to see Freddy steaming in today at around 90mph

Last edited:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Just a poor shot from Hughes. He won't be dropped for the remainder of the series at the bare minimum. Nor should he be.

Ponting was desperately unlucky. He might have been LBW but England didn't really appeal for that and Rudi made it clear he was not going to give him out LBW. This is a perfect opportunity for Hussey to play himself back into form.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
um ponting looked pretty dead on lbw imo

didn't see too many replays but

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Was he given out for LBW or caught by first slip?

HSC
holy crap!, Australia 8/156, basically getting rolled right now.. England should get them all out and get a huge lead.. woa this was unexpected from this type of pitch.. i think its swinging alot..

Predator78

HSC
holy crap!, Australia 8/156, basically getting rolled right now.. England should get them all out and get a huge lead.. woa this was unexpected from this type of pitch.. i think its swinging alot..
It is a surprise, I agree. The ball was swinging a little not a whole lot though. It was a poor shot selection, 5 of the wickets were from pull shots. Not great news that. Todays first session is crucial if England gets them quick we are in some trouble.

Quite the reverse of Cardiff they were preying for rain and it seems we will be to.

Lentern

HSC
Caught.

TBH Rudi is an atrocious umpire needs to have his eyes and hearing tested. I still cringe at the Sangakkara decision in Hobart when he was 197.

I think Aleem Dar and Taufel should umpire all games
I think there is alot to be said for age affecting umpiring skills. Rudi from memory bagged a fair few of those ICC umpire of the year awards a few years back but seems to be getting increasingly poor as time goes by.

If you were to look at the number of umpiring decisions that landed themselves newspaper articles in recent history I would expect an overwhelming number of them to go to messers Hair, Koertzen and Bucknor. The three oldest if I'm not mistaken. By contrast like you said Taufel and Dar who at a glance look to be two of the youngest going around rarely seem at the centre of a scandal.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Yeah hope out for a draw, but dissapointingly we can't have Taufel Umpire any of our Test Matches :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)