• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"Atheism and secularism led to Nazism, mass murder" - Bishop Anthony Fisher (1 Viewer)

boganxcore

HSC
yeah i know what humanism is haha

suprising that there aren't more athiest nihilists is all

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
idk when I have money to burn I can be pretty nihilistic but it is a diminishing return

Scorch

HSC
okay

enlighten me so i can have a good understanding of the scientific theory please
Just because something happened by chance does not make it any less natural. If you reduce your analysis of such theories to such a misunderstanding of chance, then everything that ever happened ever happened by chance.

suprising that there aren't more athiest nihilists is all
Like I say, atheism is a far more empowering belief that places both responsibility in our hands and gives humanity credit for what it deserves and has done, instead of belittling our ideas of morality and responsibility that we developed by crediting them to a sky-man that doesn't exist.

On the original post; I highly, highly, highly recommend that everyone in this thread read my article here. To quote part of it:
As any rational person can see, to blame the Holocaust on Atheism is absolutely absurd and an affront to anyone with a brain that is not totally ignorant of what took place. Without the discourse of anti-Semitism that the Catholic Church ensured stayed at the heart of European society for hundreds of years prior to the Holocaust, the foundations never would have been there for Hitler to extrapolate upon. Hitler himself was a practicing Roman Catholic and not only did the Catholic Church have no qualms or will to criticize his anti-Semitic propaganda. Mein Kampf was written and published in 1925 yet the Catholic Church signed a political agreement giving him their backing in 1933, after he spent 8 years extrapolating on his plans and ideology present in Mein Kampf.

It was only until he started systematically killing Jews, which apparently surprised the Catholic Church after all of their dealings with him, that organised criticism seems to emerge, and even at that point the Catholic Church was far more interested in protecting its own image and public perception than any organised resistance on their part, and they even proceeded to enter into diplomatic negotiations with Hitler’s Germany, fully aware of the situation of the ongoing Holocaust.

To palm this off onto atheism or secularism when it was committed upon foundations set by the Catholic Church by a Roman Catholic whose legitimacy was confirmed by the Catholic Church, the moral guide of Europe, even after he had spread such propaganda and genocidal filth for years prior is absolutely disgusting.​

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
people happened by chance? both the race and individuals xD

Zeroes

HSC
I laughed so hard at the title that it woke my brother up.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Anthony Fisher is a 40+ year old virgin. Why we should listen to him I'll never know.

Edit: 49.

brendroid

HSC
I think I know why we should listen to him ^^

Same reason we listen to what any public figure says - they're a public figure. They influence people, no matter if they're wrong or they're right. So we need to be aware of what influence they are having on our society...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
okay thank you for the answer.
see, sometimes we can all get along and have a reasonable discussion aha

also, the whole "we do good things because if not a sky-man will torture us for eternity" idea you have is kind of flawed, seeing as christians don't do good things to try to get into heaven. they know that humanity's pretty screwed up haha
Christians can do whatever the fuck they want cause Jesus died for their sins.

Scorch

HSC
Christians can do whatever the fuck they want cause Jesus died for their sins.
Definitely a philosophy worth following then. Morals are evidently just as irrelevant to Christians under such an idea.

boganxcore

HSC
Definitely a philosophy worth following then. Morals are evidently just as irrelevant to Christians under such an idea.
that is true, but christians aren't actually taught to do whatever the fuck they want. they're meant to show their beliefs through how they act.

there definitely does exist christians like kaz1 suggests, but i dont know how willing i'd be to actually call them christians hahaha

shuttle_bus5

HSC
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
the circumstances are a major factor in a person's actions and good and evil is a matter of perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)