Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Prayer does work.
I've seen it work.

and here's a link you might be interested in:

why do innocent people suffer
I'm not going to bother click it, I know the Chrisitian reasoning, I told you, I was one.

They've also done scientific research on it, don't have the link here, but apparently patients prayed for did not respond better to treatment or whatever than those who weren't.

Plus, see where I edited my post, wasn't just that.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I'm not going to bother click it, I know the Chrisitian reasoning, I told you, I was one.

They've also done scientific research on it, don't have the link here, but apparently patients prayed for did not respond better to treatment or whatever than those who weren't.

Plus, see where I edited my post, wasn't just that.
Yes i've read the study
british or US study.

and sorry, although i don't like to judge, but not a 'true' one in sense.
or maybe you are and you're just 'backsliding'.

have you read the stories of the person who was pronounced dead for several hours being resurrected?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
No, I was indeed a "true" Christian.

Edit: Though I always questioned it even as a child, you're not a true Christian if you just mindlessly follow it.

Last edited:
K

khorne

I'm sorry. There is a MILLION better articles to read. How about, you "enlighten" yourself with Metaphysics or any other volume such as it.

K

khorne

Actually, depending on perspective, I think we're the shepherds (notice the correct spelling), trying to bring you around =D

10 points if you can name the author of Metaphysics.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
really?
at 14?

congratulations.

but if it were true, that you really were,
then the Shepard will try and bring you around.
No, I can't be a Christian again, I find it offensive as a female. I refuse to come second to man as well as God.

Perhaps I will regain some faith some day, but it will not be through Christianity.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
No, I can't be a Christian again, I find it offensive as a female. I refuse to come second to man as well as God.

Perhaps I will regain some faith some day, but it will not be through Christianity.
you need to understand that it was the context at the time for women to be considered 'inferior'.

the context today is that females and male's are equal.
in some areas, women having more rights, and other areas males still having more rights (ie. wage differentials between male and female managers)

K

khorne

Then why not adapt the bible to take into account scintific theories and changes in context?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Then why not adapt the bible to take into account scintific theories and changes in context?
well there's quite a few verses that forbid me from doing so.

I'm not going to 'rewrite' textbooks per say.
what's happened in the old testament has happened.

i'm sure there's a.. 'commentaries' however that involves those kinds of things.

besides, the bible does not contradict modern science,
simply because the bible is not a hard science textbook.

it says 'in the beginning God'.. not 'in the beginning helium', or 'in the beginning hydrogen'.
i think i copypasta'd one on page 5.

K

khorne

Then, you can't change the bible to treat women equally. See, you contradict yourself.

sam5

HSC
Dont discuss bullshit!

Dont even suspect that there is even a god to exist!

Just wake up and realise the chances of there being a god.

Just remember: the people who wrote this silly story were primative and had no ideas about science or their origins - thus they made a story up to satisfy their needs.

Thats ok for them - but its not ok for u guys cos use live in THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY and are expected to have a bit doubt about such rubbish.

DONT BE SO BLOODY IGNORANT TO SCIENCE AND COMMON SENSE!

trickx

HSC
Dont discuss bullshit!

Dont even suspect that there is even a god to exist!

Just wake up and realise the chances of there being a god.

Just remember: the people who wrote this silly story were primative and had no ideas about science or their origins - thus they made a story up to satisfy their needs.

Thats ok for them - but its not ok for u guys cos use live in THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY and are expected to have a bit doubt about such rubbish.

DONT BE SO BLOODY IGNORANT TO SCIENCE AND COMMON SENSE!
You honestly think it is as simple as that?

Your ignorance should not be something to boast about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)