Atheism! (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
you need to understand that it was the context at the time for women to be considered 'inferior'.

the context today is that females and male's are equal.
in some areas, women having more rights, and other areas males still having more rights (ie. wage differentials between male and female managers)
You obviously don't know much about your religion. Christian literature proclaims man to still be the head of the house, whom the wife should always let make the final decision. Christians believe that the most important role a woman has is to care for the children and family.

My bf's family is Christian, they have large volumes of more moderate and also evangelical literature in their house which I read. They all proclaim these messages.

They like to call it "being equal, but not the same." Apparently the male is still the natural leader who should be deferred to.

So, no.

Study your religion a bit more closer in relation to women's rights (not that you'd care anyway, being a male.)

trickx

HSC
This debate has been going on throughout the ages. What honestly makes any of you guys believe that it may be solved amidst the banter of school students?

And although I think theism is a fucking idiot, having a conviction towards a deity doesn't make them intellectually inferior to those who are not. Some of the greatest and most critical minds are commited Christians.

Daft_Punk

Banned
HSC
N/A
having a great mind doesnt preclude you from being a delusional twat who believes in fairy tales

trickx

HSC
shut up you socially inept gook go play dota or something

it wasnt directed at anyone, therefore not insulting

oxymoron anyway, you cant have a great mind AND believe in god
You're a fool.

Alister Mcgrath? Matt Slick? Ravi Zacharias? Francis Collins? Phillip Jenson? John Lennox? Freeman Dyson?

Gtfo, you're doing nothing but promoting ignorance.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
I am an atheist.

A lot of theists have a misconception that atheists somehow "reject god" or "are too lazy to look for answers".

What most theists need to realize is that atheist is the position of absence of belief in god, not rejection. For a theist to even to begin to argue a case, they have to acknowledge this position.

Hence, I don't choose to "reject Jesus" or "look for answers". I am simply existing and living my life.

:headbang:

Daft_Punk

Banned
HSC
N/A
You're a fool.

Alister Mcgrath? Matt Slick? Ravi Zacharias? Francis Collins? Phillip Jenson? John Lennox? Freeman Dyson?

Gtfo, you're doing nothing but promoting ignorance.
None of those people have great minds.

trickx

HSC
Having that attitude and mindset isn't going to do you any favours. You're limiting yourself in your own bitterness towards religion that will be only detrimental to your theology and worldview.

K

khorne

Ok. See, typical fallacies.

To draw one conclusion to another. Something which actually did happen (WW2) to something which might not have happened. Basically, with your "no shit", you have just proved my point, thus making you one of the worst debaters ever.

A trickX : Who cares if "banter from school children" can't solve the problem. An argument is an argument, and we have every right to discuss it. If you are posting to try an debate the argument in its entirety, don't contribute.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I have Christian parents, and went to church for 10 years. Despite all that I was taught about the bible, christian living, etc. I turned against it a couple of years ago, realising for myself that god isn't real.

I came to this conclusion simply by observing: I noticed that most of the Christians at my church, as well as others that I meet, are complete hypocrites, preaching to others about "the right thing to do", according to the bible, when they themselves go against what the bible teaches.

For example, one of the 10 commandments is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". And what's the first thing they do when they gather for a chat? They gossip about other people, saying nasty, malicious, sometimes untrue things, and laughing about it. Then when they see the person they were speaking about, they act all nice, and friendly, and "Christian-like".

I have other examples, but I don't want to turn my post into an essay.

sam5

HSC
you cant have a great mind AND believe in god
Could we have had a better statement than that?

Theists dont understand that religion is business (for making money) and a tool (for brainwashing).

What else made Joseph Stalin kill between 90,000 and 120,000 priests during his reign? He wasnt an idiot - he knew how powerful religion is to brainwash the senseless and those citizens who have no decent mind for themselves.

Those citizens were the religious ones.

Enough said...

sam5

HSC
I have Christian parents, and went to church for 10 years. Despite all that I was taught about the bible, christian living, etc. I turned against it a couple of years ago, realising for myself that god isn't real.
Ur a good person

trickx

HSC
A trickX : Who cares if "banter from school children" can't solve the problem. An argument is an argument, and we have every right to discuss it. If you are posting to try an debate the argument in its entirety, don't contribute.
I never said any of the posters don't have the right to discuss it. But if people like Daft_Punk are going to take such extreme and absolute views then it would be pointless to discuss the topic, let alone argue ...

MissGiggles

HSC
i learnt something really important this year: if you want attention in religion, admit you're an atheist. they were actually surprised because i seem to know the most about christianity, but i'm only a recent convert.

according to my baptisimal certificate, confirmation documents and school enrollment forms, my family and i are roman catholic and as a result this is my twelth year of religion lessons. i love philosophy and psychology.

but a few years ago i was sitting in mass and i realised, i was only doing it because my mum used to believe in it, and her mum's catholic, and her mum's catholic......i am sure most of you would agree it would be hypocritical of me to continue to go.

i am a fan of existentialism: there is nothing but this life we are living so we should make it meaningful. i feel very liberated to think that, not depressed. and i also believe jesus said a lot of intelligent things, but not that he was god. we can make our own moral code to be good people.

Jaylee42003

HSC
heh.
It's really hard to be an atheist right down to the core.
I switch btwn Atheism and Christianity.
When life is tough, I pray, be good and everythn, and rlly hope there is a God.
When everything is fine, I forget about God and go on a sinning spree; hoping there isnt a god coz then I'd defenitely be going to hell.
I don't take life too seriously, otherwise you get too caught up in "getting yourself into heaven" rather than enjoying the brief pocket of time we are here on earth.
Thas how I do it anywayz.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)