Atheism! (1 Viewer)

Jaylee42003

HSC
u just logged off msn TO EAT ICE CREAM so you dont spill it on your carpet or something ghey -_- i think that's a sin in itself.

there probly is a name for it, just cbf'd googling it.

anom1ly

HSC
anyone who's atheist is just liek that bcoz their ignorant.

have you ever had something happen to you that you can't explain? or something really unlikely happen to you? thats because God intervenes.

havn't you heard of people praying while their sick, and getting better. its because God is rewarding them for going to church and praying.

if God didn't exist, then neither would christians derr. god created you, and by not believing in him your rejecting him, and damning urself to an eternity in hell (the devils domain).

all atheists are dumb because god takes away their intelligence for not believing in him, so they just become blind believers in science.

science only says that there was a big bang, but doesnt say who created the big bang. obviously it was God 5000 years ago.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
bloody hell ayheist people do need 2 delieve in somefin as most worship idols and money instead of something greater. God does exist u bloody septics,

wat i want 2 know is what makes u think that god doesn't exsit?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bloody hell ayheist people do need 2 delieve in somefin as most worship idols and money instead of something greater. God does exist u bloody septics,

wat i want 2 know is what makes u think that god doesn't exsit?
Lol okay.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
anyone who's atheist is just liek that bcoz their ignorant.

have you ever had something happen to you that you can't explain? or something really unlikely happen to you? thats because God intervenes.

havn't you heard of people praying while their sick, and getting better. its because God is rewarding them for going to church and praying.

if God didn't exist, then neither would christians derr. god created you, and by not believing in him your rejecting him, and damning urself to an eternity in hell (the devils domain).

all atheists are dumb because god takes away their intelligence for not believing in him, so they just become blind believers in science.

science only says that there was a big bang, but doesnt say who created the big bang. obviously it was God 5000 years ago.
Lol okay.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
heh.
It's really hard to be an atheist right down to the core.
I switch btwn Atheism and Christianity.
When life is tough, I pray, be good and everythn, and rlly hope there is a God.
When everything is fine, I forget about God and go on a sinning spree; hoping there isnt a god coz then I'd defenitely be going to hell.
I don't take life too seriously, otherwise you get too caught up in "getting yourself into heaven" rather than enjoying the brief pocket of time we are here on earth.
Thas how I do it anywayz.
That's not atheism.

johony

HSC
zazzy is quite clearly the intellectual in this thread.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
i learnt something really important this year: if you want attention in religion, admit you're an atheist. they were actually surprised because i seem to know the most about christianity, but i'm only a recent convert.

according to my baptisimal certificate, confirmation documents and school enrollment forms, my family and i are roman catholic and as a result this is my twelth year of religion lessons. i love philosophy and psychology.

but a few years ago i was sitting in mass and i realised, i was only doing it because my mum used to believe in it, and her mum's catholic, and her mum's catholic......i am sure most of you would agree it would be hypocritical of me to continue to go.

i am a fan of existentialism: there is nothing but this life we are living so we should make it meaningful. i feel very liberated to think that, not depressed. and i also believe jesus said a lot of intelligent things, but not that he was god. we can make our own moral code to be good people.
+1

If I hadn't already stated my non-beliefs at school, I would've got away with not shaving at school for 'religious reasons'

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
i learnt something really important this year: if you want attention in religion, admit you're an atheist. they were actually surprised because i seem to know the most about christianity, but i'm only a recent convert.

according to my baptisimal certificate, confirmation documents and school enrollment forms, my family and i are roman catholic and as a result this is my twelth year of religion lessons. i love philosophy and psychology.

but a few years ago i was sitting in mass and i realised, i was only doing it because my mum used to believe in it, and her mum's catholic, and her mum's catholic......i am sure most of you would agree it would be hypocritical of me to continue to go.

i am a fan of existentialism: there is nothing but this life we are living so we should make it meaningful. i feel very liberated to think that, not depressed. and i also believe jesus said a lot of intelligent things, but not that he was god. we can make our own moral code to be good people.
you're just going through the motions of Christianity.
are you bored in your christian walk?
you need to be born again.

i'll talk from my own experience
i was raised in a christian family,
although i went to church my whole life, i considered myself a christian.
however in the last few years, (particularly the last few months, as i've been backsliding, but have been getting into the word (bible) i've realised i was NOT a christian back then..)

they say that 40% of Australians identify themselves as christians, yet only 8% regularly attend church.
those '40%' are not all true believers..

Albert Camus, the famous atheistic existentialist philosopher, once said
'the only question modern man has to answer for himself, is why not kill myself?'
now i'm not telling you to kill yourself,
but to begin to reason why you are living.
what do you live for?
material goods? wealth?

they say that the despair of atheism often leads to theism eventually..

Last edited:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
^ thats naughty.

btw is there a word for someone who believes in god but not necessarily in religion?
agnosticism..
not in the pure sense though.

Merely believing in God won't get you anywhere

yes, even you christians among here.
just to 'believe in God' won't get you into heaven.

parawhoree

HSC
my parents aren't heavily into any religion, however my step-mum was married in a catholic chruch... for her first marriage. But we don't go to church or anything.

When I was living with my mum i was a church-goer. not anymore, i was heavily involved when i lived with my mum, going to the exo days, i was a sunday school helper, youth group attender, but now everythings just gone to shit.

I think my faith was lost in the so-called God when everything went downhill for me in a bad way, I prayed and worshipped throughout the hardship, but nothing made anything better. So I guess thats when I gave up.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
agnosticism..
not in the pure sense though.

Merely believing in God won't get you anywhere

yes, even you christians among here.
just to 'believe in God' won't get you into heaven.
HAHAHAHA. What?

So if you believe in God and live would be generally considered a morally sound life, because you don't turn up to church or don't agree with their teachings or don't feel that they accurately represent God and thus don't participate in the institution of religion, you're going straight to hell?

Man. That place must be crowded.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
HAHAHAHA. What?

So if you believe in God and live would be generally considered a morally sound life, because you don't turn up to church or don't agree with their teachings or don't feel that they accurately represent God and thus don't participate in the institution of religion, you're going straight to hell?

Man. That place must be crowded.
Yes.

I'll.. try and explain from what i think, might be God's point of view..

God Loves you so very much
that he gave you a free will, the ability to do good, or to do bad.
the ability to love him, or to reject him.

Now he loves and respects your decision so much, he loves you so much
that what you do in this lifetime, is what he will designate for eternity.

so if you choose to reject him, to live life not of God,
to choose your own morality, to choose your own purpose in life,
to reject the teachings of the bible, to not be in fellowship with others,
He will go fine.. i respect your decision, because i love you, and gave you a free will.
Because you rejected me in this life, and because i love and respect your decision, i will send you to a place, where there is no me (this is hell by the way, a place without God) for eternity.

That's the way i see it.

by the way, i repeated the love and respect to emphasize
I am just beginning to experience the love of God
and it is amazing.

and from my perspective,
and the way i see it, it is illustrated so clearly

In John 14:6, Jesus Christ said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

You also have to be born again to see the kingdom of God. (John 3:1-7)

I hope you understand what i'm trying to get at.
please don't think of hell as being:
'WHAT YOU DO THIS AND THIS, BAD SINNER BAD, YOU GO TO HELL AND BURN'
but rather,
'Because you rejected me, and because i love and respect your decision, i will send you to a place, where there is no me'

what teachings don't you agree with?

feel free to PM me,
and i'll try and respond

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
So rejecting the institution of religion - which by the way, does not automatically mean rejecting the teachings of the Bible, which many people believe needs to be taken metaphorically, not literally (because, hey Leviticus?) but instead rejecting the people who control religion - is also rejecting God?

The institution of religion is controlled by man these days and I think it's been proved countless times how fallible man is. I don't see how loving God and living a simple but morally sound (that is, being in line with the basics of his teachings) but rejecting what has, at times, been a violent and Godless institution controlled by people who are open to the same temptations as those they teach, would lead you straight to hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)