Attention all Year 10ers (1 Viewer)

Crazysheep

HSC
lol. noone actually studies for sc. you just...study in advance for prelims and hsc.

Breezy1234

HSC
I dont go to a selective school, pretty much the opposite. Our school is like so dumb it didnt even make the top 200 schools but im going to study because my parents will get mad at me.

vintagedreams

HSC
I disagree. From what I've heard from friends, and what I've been told by teachers, the School Certificate exams are very different from regular exams. The School Certificate is sort of the last step before Preliminary courses (Year 11) and I think it's worth studying for. That's just my opinion though. I know I'll be studying. :)

steph xx

HSC
says the year ten girl.

five pages of opinions in this thread would indicate that the school is practically worthless and the junior school is nothing like the senior school.

Mikiie

HSC
The School Certificate gave me a small insight into the BOS tests are conducted ( NOT WELL )
The people watching over us were laughing in a corner trying to do the maths SC test. I flew through that test with relatively no study, trying to remember dates for history was about as far as I went.

Jakef

HSC
Do not study for SC!!
I was one of those people who thought all the people saying not to study were insane until I finished the SC and started year 11. I didn't study much but regret it. DO NOT study! DO NOT even read over notes or anything unless your really pedantic. Enjoy the freedom while you still can!! Because it will change soon. Hoenstly I have not even taken my school certificate out of the cardboard folder thing they gave us once since I got it. It is pointless!!!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I disagree. From what I've heard from friends, and what I've been told by teachers, the School Certificate exams are very different from regular exams. The School Certificate is sort of the last step before Preliminary courses (Year 11) and I think it's worth studying for. That's just my opinion though. I know I'll be studying. :)
lol

The School Certificate is important our school regardless to whether it matters for senior school. To stay at our school for year 11 and 12, we have to be in the top 60% of the grade.
lol

HSC
Uni Grad
Enjoy year 10. Have fun. DO NOT study for the school certificate. The tests are 100% completely pointless. You will never use it for anything. Even if youre leaving this year, just having the certificate is enough, employers wont care if you got 50 or 100 for english. I didnt do ANY study for it and I still look back thinking i could have done even less and just focused on having a good time. Dont do your homework, be a smartarse to your teachers, turn up late (or even better not at all :uhhuh:), dont pay any attention to the rules, have fun at home and go be with your mates instead of staying in a room locked off from the world. You really are only young once. Dont waste it studying for something youll never use.
++++++++........ xD

terminator69

HSC
Enjoy year 10. Have fun. DO NOT study for the school certificate. The tests are 100% completely pointless. You will never use it for anything. Even if youre leaving this year, just having the certificate is enough, employers wont care if you got 50 or 100 for english.
Who cares if you don't use the actual "school certificate" for anything? The knowledge you gain while studying for it is much more valuable.

smile-san

HSC
i might have to disagree but i might change my mind in the future because i haven't completed my sc yet :D
I'm just afraid that if i don't do well in year 10 and my sc, i won't be able to pick advanced english and 2U maths for next year. that's y this year is very important to me, yet i'm already stuffing it up by effing up my h/y reports :l fml.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
smile-san;5186330[B said:
]i might have to disagree but i might change my mind in the future because i haven't completed my sc yet[/B] :D
I'm just afraid that if i don't do well in year 10 and my sc, i won't be able to pick advanced english and 2U maths for next year. that's y this year is very important to me, yet i'm already stuffing it up by effing up my h/y reports :l fml.
I find it difficult to understand.

toonie1991

HSC
Are you lot kidding me??? I can't believe what I'm reading here!
Firstly.... Yes the SC is really worth nothing as a piece of paper in itself but.....
the Olympian who won the gold medal didn't think all those years of practice as a waste!!! You have to practice exam conditions, get used to having yourself organised, get into a study routine, even if it's an hour a day in year 10. Learn HOW to study, learn how to organise notes!

OMG - you lot are giving out BAD advice to struggling kids who obviously wouldn't come onto this forum. But... I've now finished my HSC - didn't even go for a UAI as I didn't need it to follow my dream of Graphic Design, which I got into one of Sydney's most sought after colleges, Enmore Design Centre and I'm loving it.

But.... I have a younger sister in year 10... who has a learning disability, failing all subjects big time like 30 percent etc, except for English which she does OK in. She wants to go to Uni to study Bachelor of Science, Nutrition and Dietetics! Should I take that dream away from her and laugh in her face???

She NEEDS TO be putting in as much time as she can to try and catch up on missed work, (she had spinal surgery a little way back and missed a lot of school) - she wants to take dam Maths, Biology and Chemistry next year.... I could say WTF??? No way can you come close to passing those subjects. But instead I tell her, to try and put in the extra work now and see how she goes in trying to catch up.

Your all talking to each other this way because your all NATURAL brainiacs!! Some people are not that way, some things don't come easy to others. She's had IQ tests done and she's above average, but has problems with her working memory, so she NEEDS to TRAIN NOW for what is to come in another 2 years!! Get herself into good habits now!!!!

Your all probably going to tell me off for my comments. Well good luck to you and your 90+ UAI's / ATAR's
:evilfire:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)