Aussies 'in denial' about being overweight (1 Viewer)

HSC
i wonder how the 3rd world feels about this. Being poor over here makes you obese! What a magical land

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i wonder how the 3rd world feels about this. Being poor over here makes you obese! What a magical land
i wonder how the third world feels about the quintessential first world problem: i don't have enough chips to finish this dip, but if i open another packet of chips, i won't have enough dip to finish these chips

kfnmpah

HSC
This is true. You literally can not go anywhere anymore without seeing a fat person. People say 'ooh but size 16 is average' GTFO.
Even size 14 and 12 are too big. The average doesn't mean fuck all, your body isn't meant to carry that much extra fat/weight around.
Also, people say BMI isn't a very good means of measuring, but for a normal person it pretty much is. Unless you copped freaky tall/short genes or are an athlete your BMI should not exceed 25.

Regarding the depression, I think it's just people complaining/feeling sorry for themselves more than it is actual depression. In this day and age where everyone gets whatever they want when they want it, as soon as something goes awry they become 'depressed' derp.
Depression is a mental illness, you can't be depressed just because you had a bad day.

Yeah... People are fucking retarded when it comes to food. Fast food is way too accessible and people aren't educated properly about nutrition.

I read an article by Charles Poliquin today (look him up if you are unaware) he said women should be between 15 and 20% body fat, any more and you are fucked.

What I hate the most (and i mean LOATHE) is when parents don't try to teach their children about proper nutrition. You always see fat mothers with their children buying them ice cream and shit. There's no way those women can be happy with how they look, how dare they let their children go down the same path. It's legit a form of neglect and I seriously think these people should have their children taken away from them. I dgaf if people disagree, I'm pretty passionate about this so COME AT ME BRO

/rant. shit the bed, this country is full of animals (not you guys, love you guys mwazies)

kfnmpah

HSC
I think a lot of it is socioeconomically related though
true... in most cases junk food is cheaper than "normal" food. It is also due to a lack of education.
Laziness plays a big part, too, however.

Back in the skinny daiz (like 40 yrs ago) women didn't work so they just stayed at home and cooked hence children ate properly etc. Now both parents work (or single parents etc) and don't have time to cook proper food.
As for money, it isn't difficult to eat well cheaply. I'm poor as shit (live out of home) and I get my 2 and 5 and eat plenty of meat and shit and only spend like 50 dorra per week.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
the idea that it is socoecomic is the biggest absurdity

being obese no matter what you're fucking eating is going to mean you're spending a whole hell of a lot more on food than somebody who is thin

you have to eat a lot to be a fat bastard

i think the correlation between obesity and socioeconomic status is actually mediated by a lower time horizon

MysteryGenius

HSC
What I hate the most (and i mean LOATHE) is when parents don't try to teach their children about proper nutrition. You always see fat mothers with their children buying them ice cream and shit. There's no way those women can be happy with how they look, how dare they let their children go down the same path. It's legit a form of neglect and I seriously think these people should have their children taken away from them. I dgaf if people disagree, I'm pretty passionate about this so COME AT ME BRO
YES!

It's rather distressing to see these parents passing their shitty eating habits onto their kids which essentially deprives them of a normal and healthy childhood (imo). Children shouldn't have to suffer as a result of their parents lack of discipline, self-control, and their general inability to lead by example. However I don't necessarily believe they should be removed from their care. People can change, and with some education, they should be able to correct their ways.
It's great that schools are attempting to teach children about nutrition and the like, but it needs to be reinforced at home for it to actually work.
Time for fat parents to get off their fat asses and do something about it. Their child's well-being is their responsibility! If they see mum inhaling a box full of doughnuts after chugging a 1.25L bottle of coke, what do you think they'll do >.< Kids don't know any better.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i really feel for people with low basal metabolic rates. they cant enjoy life to the fullest. i can eat all the shit i want and still wont be "overweight". such a shame that others cant do the same.

HSC
Uni Grad
i really feel for people with low basal metabolic rates. they cant enjoy life to the fullest. i can eat all the shit i want and still wont be "overweight". such a shame that others cant do the same.
Yeh I loves it too, I'd hate to have to change my eating habits to not be a fat cunt.

Garygaz

HSC
I also think callous boneheads should be called out as dickheads instead of everyone just avoiding eyecontact when they start "calling it as it is".
maybe we should look into, as you like to do, the socio-political climate surrounding marxist/neo-conservative/free-market virtues in a society of yip yap shitty stick.

go join dat union and whinge for your teacher parents!!11one11! dey got it so hard, at least deserve another 200k a yere!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Fuck yes!
Just ate my large Maccas meal for dinner and now I'm finishing a block of dairy milk chocolate I just opened. It's the fucking best.

BMI ~19-20

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
big fat boombahs

huge weighty weightos scoffin their fat mouths with chips

massive swingin bellys fallin out from sweat stained xxxxx shirts

the chin motherload hangin from the chubbo king of mcfats

flabby rolls stretchin waistbands squeezing through the too-small door at the local mcdonalds leavin grease stains on the glass

big fat blimpfaced whales

fatty fatty fucks

steppin on the treadmill breakin the treadmill

why get out of bed fatties stay in that sweaty lard pit and eat another hot dog

HSC
the idea that it is socoecomic is the biggest absurdity

being obese no matter what you're fucking eating is going to mean you're spending a whole hell of a lot more on food than somebody who is thin

you have to eat a lot to be a fat bastard

i think the correlation between obesity and socioeconomic status is actually mediated by a lower time horizon
actually i think

it has to do with the link between low socio-economic status and low intelligence

people with low intelligence are more overweight i think you will find and people with low intelligence are poor

thats the link~

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
lol @ the girls getting all menstrual over the poor kiddies

There are far worse habits that parents pass on to their children than what they eat jesus christ

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Yeh I loves it too, I'd hate to have to change my eating habits to not be a fat cunt.
this.

With my poor diet, I should be overweight

HSC
yeah i wouldnt count your blessings just yet

having a high basal metabolic rate while you are a teenager is one thing, but it may not last

and then you are firmly entrenched in your unhealthy habits etc 1 way ticket to obesity

Lentern

HSC
maybe we should look into, as you like to do, the socio-political climate surrounding marxist/neo-conservative/free-market virtues in a society of yip yap shitty stick.

go join dat union and whinge for your teacher parents!!11one11! dey got it so hard, at least deserve another 200k a yere!
Why do you feel the need to be so crass and heavy handed all the time? If you'd just show the manners and good grace that I generally try and maintain you'd find the world is a much brighter place.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
actually i think

it has to do with the link between low socio-economic status and low intelligence

people with low intelligence are more overweight i think you will find and people with low intelligence are poor

thats the link~
i'm sure low intelligence negatively correlates with weight but i doubt the correlation is causative beyond a lower ability to absorb information about what to eat properly

lower time horizon (inability to defer gratification) + conscientiousness (self discipline) both of which are positively correlated with low socioeconomic status (duh) seem a much more likely cause

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)