Aussies racist - Japan's pro whalers supporters + (Youtube) (1 Viewer)

Shaking Paper

HSC
The saddest and most frustrating thing is that people are definately getting fooled by this ridiculous video.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Majority backs whaling

SIXTY-five per cent of Japanese support their country's "scientific" whale hunt, according to a Japanese poll.

But the poll has been attacked as "misleading".

A leading national Japanese newspaper - the Asahi Shimbun - published the telephone poll of 2082 people on whaling as the slaughter continued to attract massive anger in Australia.

The poll, which insisted on calling the whaling "scientific", found 65 per cent supported the hunt and that older men were the biggest backers.

Meanwhile, Norway yesterday revealed it has set its whaling quota for 2008 at 1052 minke whales.

Norway's Fisheries Ministry said 900 whales would be allowed to be caught in coastal areas including the North Sea, Barents Sea and the area near Svalbard.
the rest...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23181514-5001021,00.html

Now this part (in bold) is pathetic, while Australia complain about Japanese whale hunting, why does Norway get to be the scapegoat? where's all the hippies at? is it that far to travel to Europe?...Rudd Government you effin' hypocrites!! :apig:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah, il guarantee that 65% through that news poll is not indicative of the 130 odd million population in Japan.

But of course, bogans will read that and it will be an outrage. I've got a fair few Jap friends who dont eat whale, and don't agree with it being hunted. So, il send this poll to the media which will show "100% of Japs are against whaling". :D

<3 the media.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Darwin Bombing?
Hiroshima?
Another one?
Whoever made that video, LOL @ THEIR FACE.
Maybe their doing it on purposely to start shit.
hahaha, if they are thats pretty funny.

HalcyonSky

HSC
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by The Oceania Project

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Hmm if everyone in Japan Vs everyone in Australia in an all in brawl.
We'd get fucked up.
But it still would be fun.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
lol no im talking about people from ages 4 and Up.
Kids on Kids
Teenages on Teenages
Adults on Adults
Grannies on Grannie
Pops on Pops.
That would be a pretty hectic brawl.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Since Japan's demiliterisation I imagine we have more guns in an all in brawl.

Minke whaling is totally sustainable at moderate levels, there's nothing more than emotive rationalisation to the opposition of it. The Japanese seem keen to pursue other species however, so legitimalisation of minke whaling could potentially lead to other unsustainable species.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I once saw footage of those whalers taking the whale's skin off after they caught it, they were then seen eating it, and saying how good it tasted :(

need2party

HSC
Japanese whaling makes me sick how they can even justify there actions is beyond me. NO matter how much they think whaling is ok, it never will be. The murderous slaughter of these beautiful mammals is disgusting.

Last edited:

Jess007

HSC
fuck.....

i was left speechless after watching it

fuck....

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
need2party said:
Japanese whaling makes me sick how they can even justify there actions is beyond me.
1. It's sustainable if regulated properly
2. We don't give a shit about sustainability and rape every other species of marine life, so why not?
3. We don't have a problem slaughtering every other animal, it's hypocritical to treat whaling differently.

Because they are big and beautifull is not sufficient reasoning to oppose whaling. All life is inherently of equal value (i.e. none), valueing whales above other species is illogical.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think they're intelligent, like those dolphins in the clip, and are killled barbarically. I'm not sure how smart cows and sheep and chickens are (though I quietly suspect them to be very dim), but I know that their murder is a far happier one.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I tend to think that an animal raised in captivity, that never gets to experience anything approaching a natural life and is born and raised only to die, is always crueller than an animal that lives a full life in the wild before being hunted.

My father worked most of his early life in the meat industry. It may be different today, but he gave a pretty horiffic impression of what it was like. Animals do gather what's going on and get pretty distressed.

I thought ideally a small explosive on the end of a harpoon kills a whale instantly.

Intelligence is an abstract and relative concept when we're dealing with other species. Is it fair to say that the less intelligent are of less value and deserve to suffer more? Instead of intelligence, what if we assessed an animals ability to suffer and feel pain? Is a cows ability to suffer any less than a whales? A mans?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Graney said:
Is it fair to say that the less intelligent are of less value
Yes. Sorry, but elitism is always valid.

Graney said:
Instead of intelligence, what if we assessed an animals ability to suffer and feel pain?
Interesting philosophical question. I refer you to Kfunk, but add my 2bob by saying that 'measuring' pain is impossible. But it's always best to kill very quickly and I think that you should patent your grenade harpoon idea before approaching the wiley Japanese with it.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Intelligence is an abstract and relative concept when we're dealing with other species. Is it fair to say that the less intelligent are of less value and deserve to suffer more? Instead of intelligence, what if we assessed an animals ability to suffer and feel pain? Is a cows ability to suffer any less than a whales? A mans?
Animals are stupid, unappreciative, dumb, retarded, ugly, idiotic, and are useful only as food (and sometimes pets for old people - but who cares about old people).

Human beings, with culture, history, intellect, society and strength of arms should, could and do kill lesser beings for our own benefit.

Hippie: omg ur hertin' a wayle

Man (who build the Eiffel Tower, the Pyramids and who landed on the moon):
STFU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)