Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: Australian Politics Chatter Thread

Rafy said:
PM Kevin Rudd ready to borrow cash

THE Federal Government is prepared to become a borrower for the first time in more than a decade to fund its ambitious infrastructure building program.

Kevin Rudd is considering becoming the first Prime Minister in more than 12 years to take on net debt,

Hasn't Rudd learnt that the best way to avoid criticism in government is to not start up any new programs, so you can't be blamed for anything? :shakesheard:

Edit: Eep 1000th post

ASNSWR127

HSC

chicky_pie said:
He's taking us back to when Australia was in debt and we had to rely on the Liberals to get out of the hole that Labor created.

History repeats itself baby.
If history repeats itself are we going to see a repeat in history of such a disgusting display of a demagogue next time that the lib's are in power? or what about a total lack of funding in public works?

That's the performance of the last lot

What about an illegal war? kickbacks to that same regime (the one that was oh so evil)? corruption on a mass scale? police state laws? A mass consumerism and disgusting way of looking at the world? no action on climate change? civil liberties swept aside? national sovereignty swept aside in favour of the US? Aboriginal identity ignored?

Is that the sort of history you want repeated?

What a history...

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC

ASNSWR127 said:
If history repeats itself are we going to see a repeat in history of such a disgusting display of a demagogue next time that the lib's are in power? or what about a total lack of funding in public works?

That's the performance of the last lot

What about an illegal war? kickbacks to that same regime (the one that was oh so evil)? corruption on a mass scale? police state laws? A mass consumerism and disgusting way of looking at the world? no action on climate change? civil liberties swept aside? national sovereignty swept aside in favour of the US? Aboriginal identity ignored?

Is that the sort of history you want repeated?

What a history...
+1. expect a reply like this:

EITHER LOVE AUSTRALIA OR LEAVE AUSTRALIA.

ASNSWR127

HSC

bigboyjames said:
+1. expect a reply like this:

EITHER LOVE AUSTRALIA OR LEAVE AUSTRALIA.

And my reply would be:

Good luck to them...

ASNSWR127

HSC

equally simplistic but people that would raise that are naturally simple people...

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Rafy said:
PM Kevin Rudd ready to borrow cash

THE Federal Government is prepared to become a borrower for the first time in more than a decade to fund its ambitious infrastructure building program.

Kevin Rudd is considering becoming the first Prime Minister in more than 12 years to take on net debt,
Woohoo; that's just what we need, more Government.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

or what about a total lack of funding in public works?
NSW Health has no money. NSW. Pretty sure this is a result of a Labor government.

Numbers

Banned
HSC

Captain Hero said:
Woohoo; that's just what we need, more Government.
Seriously, Rudd's government is gonna feed our economy to the dogs.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

The ETS is the worst and most sickening thing his retarded government has ever come up with.

Numbers

Banned
HSC

Captain Hero said:
The ETS is the worst and most sickening thing his retarded government has ever come up with.
I want Johnny and Costello back.

And yep, the ETS is a crock.

Lentern

HSC

chicky_pie said:
He's taking us back to when Australia was in debt and we had to rely on the Liberals to get out of the hole that Labor created.

History repeats itself baby.
My friend we're allready in debt, don't be so naive as to think this new government was granted a completely ship shape economy, rather they decided to stage a coup only to find the island was a fools paradise. Good on the government for getting a government surplus, look how long it will take to wipe that out when the private sector fails to make debt repayments.

Private sector debt has never been higher and it is spiralling out of control, when the people fail to make their repayments whaddaya think will happen? It goes something like this, lenders have to make massive cutbacks because the money they had been expecting and indeed spending before they recieved isn't coming in, thousands of redundancies, thousands of people no longer paying taxes furthermore they're collecting government welfare payments.

What happens then? There are a few possibilities. The traditional approach has been for the government to sell off assetts to keep the budget respectable and just stay out of the private sector until it hits the depths of the early nineties and begins to grow again when the cost of living has plummetted so low that there is actually enough capital to go round. They could raise income taxes on the highest bracket to raise the lost government revenue, which might work but will probably mean lower investment so growth will be curtailed a bit, but better to limp forward then run backwards I guess. Or the government might cut spending on services, most likely infrastructure as that doesn't show up until about five years after the failed payments. And this is what liberal twits like yourself get for ignoring Lord Keynes.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Keynes was a fool and an outdated one at that.

Private sector debt isn't the concern of the government you twat

Lentern

HSC

Captain Hero said:
Keynes was a fool and an outdated one at that.

Private sector debt isn't the concern of the government you twat
Yes and this Chicago school nonsense is doing wonders for the world economy at the moment isn't it my friend. And call me a naive wally but frankly I percieve the governments role as averting an economic meltdown where possible. Folly a notion as that might be but if that means intervening in the private sector than by all means intervene. This Chicago school, classic liberalist, leave it to beaver, she'll be right mate rhetoric has been tried and tried and tried again. It doesn't work. They all keep tumbling down and then the poor sod who was steering the ship at the time gets the blame for something that culiminates over normally two-three governments.

spiny norman

HSC

Rudd has ruled out going into debt, and has pointed out there's all kinds of unspent money saved up for him to fool around with.

So stop whining, and realise it was the Murdoch press that released the story (therefore its truth is immediately questionable).

Move on, Rudd's not destroying the economy as you like to claim every day.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Lentern said:
Yes and this Chicago school nonsense is doing wonders for the world economy at the moment isn't it my friend. And call me a naive wally but frankly I percieve the governments role as averting an economic meltdown where possible. Folly a notion as that might be but if that means intervening in the private sector than by all means intervene. This Chicago school, classic liberalist, leave it to beaver, she'll be right mate rhetoric has been tried and tried and tried again. It doesn't work. They all keep tumbling down and then the poor sod who was steering the ship at the time gets the blame for something that culiminates over normally two-three governments.
Chicago school are lefties. Sorry sugar.

Lentern

HSC

Captain Hero said:
Chicago school are lefties. Sorry sugar.
They most certainly are not.

Lentern

HSC

Captain Hero said:
Fiat currencies? Government intervention? I THINK NOT!
The Chicago School? It might not advocate for the complete abolition of government but by Jove if you consider Chicago left wing than what in blazers do you consider middle of road let alone right wing?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC

Captain Hero said:
Fiat currencies? Government intervention? I THINK NOT!
The guys who are against all government intervention / fiat currencies for a modern, large and mostly successful economy such as the US are usually called loons and really seem to have nothing in common with either 'wing' of politics.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)