Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

ASNSWR127

HSC
Re: Australian Politics Chatter Thread

incentivation said:
I take a trip on the wildside everyday sunshine. Deal with these people, day in, day out. If you think life in the mountains is where the troubles lie, you're surely deluding yourself.
Are you being sarcastic or are you really just stupid?

I said in the mountains but I also said elsewhere.

I said in Lithgow and other rural areas.

Read the posts.

How do you deal with these people? what do you do for them? What do you do with them? how do you interact with them? do you take into consideration why they are like this?

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

ASNSWR127 said:
Are you being sarcastic or are you really just stupid?

I said in the mountains but I also said elsewhere.

I said in Lithgow and other rural areas.

Read the posts.

How do you deal with these people? what do you do for them? What do you do with them? how do you interact with them? do you take into consideration why they are like this?
My reference to 'mountains' included surrounding areas. Lets just say my interaction is part of my employment.

This country offers enormous opportunity to that vast majority of underprivileged people. Free primary and secondary education. Copious amounts of welfare. It is the subculture that prevents social mobility, not a lack of effort or resources from government. The government provides more than adequate support, and often wastes hard earned taxpayer dollars. Unless the subcultures are altered, and a sentiment grows where these people wish to help themselves, nothing will change.

Idealism clouds your judgement.

ASNSWR127

HSC

incentivation said:
My reference to 'mountains' included surrounding areas. Lets just say my interaction is part of my employment.

This country offers enormous opportunity to that vast majority of underprivileged people. Free primary and secondary education. Copious amounts of welfare. It is the subculture that prevents social mobility, not a lack of effort or resources from government. The government provides more than adequate support, and often wastes hard earned taxpayer dollars. Unless the subcultures are altered, and a sentiment grows where these people wish to help themselves, nothing will change.

Idealism clouds your judgement.
No you are going to have to do better than that mate.

what is the most harmful subculture? it is the one that you are part of that treats them like this, that sees them like this.

What is your employment then hey? is it something constructive?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC

Yet you still idolise him. Also how the fuck do you have anything to do with "a large population of the world"? And oh my yes isn't lithgow and the mountains just he pinnacle of human suffering. Haha you really are self centred arent you? Lithgow is not a rural area. If you believe the dregs of the world live in lithgow, you really need to get out and experience the world a little you pathetic piece of shit. Oh yes, their brand new hospital must be finding it hard to cope. You are one of the most infuriating posters on this site.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

ASNSWR127 said:
That is a good thing for social reasons

Why they are funding the V8 supercars.... oh dear oh dear that is a mistake
I don't care if it's funded or not funded with or without our tax money, I'm just pointing out that this state is broke, literally ...we're broke. :(

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

what is the most harmful subculture? it is the one that you are part of that treats them like this, that sees them like this.
Yes it is all our fault. Responsibility rests with us for not providing an adequate level of support.

The subculture where education is seen to be unnecessary. The subculture where a lack of effort is rewarded. The subculture where envy is rife, and self development is seen to be too difficult. Just a snapshot.

What is your employment then hey? is it something constructive?
It is something constructive, which deals directly with these people. The relevance of which lies not in proving my point, but in establishing the grounds of my position.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

What are your thoughts on the Ryde By-Election?

Who will take the trophey? Liberal or Labor?

I'll be joining the Young Liberals of Lane Cove on Saturday 18 October when the people of Ryde go to the polls.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Was doorknocking in the electorate yesterday. Found a strong anti-government sentiment. Admittedly it was more of a vote against the incumbent than for the opposition, but still detected a positive vibe about the state libs.

Libs to win in Ryde. Should be significant swings in Lakemba and Cabramatta too, but they are not seats the Liberals will ever win.

Also on the same day is the ACT election. I'll tip Labor to lose their majority but hang on to minority government with the greens support.

Last edited:

margaret-lise

HSC

Bring John Howard Back
Rudd Is A Joke.

ASNSWR127

HSC

yeah I think Liberal should win this one - if they don't then that really says something about the quality of the opposition!

Well done to Barry O'farrell for opposing the state electricity privatisation! even if it was only from petty politicking but to dismiss this is a bad thing because it shows that the governements and oppositions listen to the people

Love democracy sometimes!

ASNSWR127

HSC

margaret-lise said:
Bring John Howard Back
Rudd Is A Joke.
that comment must have been a joke

especially as we are talking state politics here and not federal...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I cant understand why NSW Libs arent breaking through, like, tremendously. What a joke.

ASNSWR127

HSC

incentivation said:
Yes it is all our fault. Responsibility rests with us for not providing an adequate level of support.

The subculture where education is seen to be unnecessary. The subculture where a lack of effort is rewarded. The subculture where envy is rife, and self development is seen to be too difficult. Just a snapshot.

It is something constructive, which deals directly with these people. The relevance of which lies not in proving my point, but in establishing the grounds of my position.
ah yes but these things are not an easy answer type of thing but I believe it does not help when people such as yourself post that it is all their fault.

when the simple fact is:

It just isn't.

There are many programs in rural areas which deal with getting back to the mob and rediscovering the tradition and identity that was stolen so many years ago. This would be a good start. I agree with you that there is adequate government spending and welfare.

it is just not being used correctly. There also appears to be a very definite deficit of consultation with local issues and local people in all aspects.

By the by I wouldn't take that moron that posts as support for what you are saying (you know the static one) as he is quite clearly just a stupid person. I don't mind slugging this out with someone of obvious intelligence and who (I have learned) has actually experienced these problems.

Someone who is just stupid however has no place in this debate.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

Well unfortuantely the State Liberal Party, from what I've seen, isn't milking the incompetence of the Labor Government for everything it's worth...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

JaredR said:
Well unfortuantely the State Liberal Party, from what I've seen, isn't milking the incompetence of the Labor Government for everything it's worth...
I know aye!
Total incompetence. Criminal negligence for them to not be soaring in the polls.

atreus

HSC

it's because all the good liberals are in federal politics. remember when there was talk about joe hockey getting into state politics and becoming opposition leader?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

In case you didnt notice, NSW Labor isnt exactly brimming with talent itself

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Last ACNielsen poll was 56-44 to the Coalition which is landslide win territory.

And that is without the Libs really trying. Election is still 2.5 years away. It is far too early to start releasing much policy and shifting to a campaign like mode. The electorate gets bored quite quickly and it gives Labor a lot of time to effectively counter it. That's why the opposition strategy at the moment is mainly negative. The policy and positive messages will no doubt be wheeled out closer to 2011.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I just feel like I really want to like them, but they're not giving me anything to run with. No inspiration, lofty goals, grand overarching narrative.
I mean, i'm nuts about Turnbull and he's only been around for a couple of weeks.

ASNSWR127

HSC

Well it just sort of proves the whole irrelevance of the three tier form of government really...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)