Australia's Next Top Model Cycle 3 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I prefer the American version hands down.

The australians piss me off too much with their bitching, moaning and general immaturity. The Americans seem more 'real' and more willing to learn from everything Tyra has to offer (which is a lot more advice than the guys on the aussie version seem to give. I've only heard the "neck!" comment once this season of Australia's NTM)

I do the Australian photos seem to look nicer but they have way different lighting... it tends to be a lot darker, making the shot look 'moodier', and by default 'better' to the unassuming viewer. The Americans are much better posers, in my opinion too.

HSC
N/A
True.

just watched episode 8. Yaaaay!

However, if the teasers are any indication I fear she'll be back next week. Damn.

HSC
N/A
I think Jodhi only meant that to be nice.

Paloma has the potential to model, eg she can pose well, but until that attitude gets fixed no-one's going to want to work with her, especially after seeing her immaturity on national television.

Like seriously, "I'm depressed and sometimes I say stuff I don't mean" is totally just an excuse in my opinion... I wouldn't doubt she's depressed, but either she doesn't know or doesn't care about basic manners, and I don't think the depression has anything to do with that. If she was REALLY depressed she wouldn't be saying anything...

I can't believe she had the tactlessness to say in front of Stef "it's not fair that stef has never been in the bottom two". Like, wtf?

HSC
N/A
Apparently she works in retail. Wouldn't that mean she's a Yr 10 dropout?

I refuse to believe she's a uni student because the depth of her cattiness and general immaturity is just so much it's inconceivable for anyone who's been through some of the more serious things in life (eg HSC). You can kinda see it with Stef and Danica as well... "you just don't do that to a friend" isn't the kind of thing an older person would say. We'd all be like "yeah, she was a bitch" ;)

Last edited:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
apparently paloma lied about her age and she's actually 18, which might explain why she always does that baby voice as if to appear younger.

anyway, i am so thankful that she's gone. she was a nasty, ugly, manipulative, dumb witch.

alice really annoyed me this week. she's very beautiful and has so much potential, but she just does not seem to be trying very much at all. she doesn't try to push her boundaries and challenge herself as much as some of the others (jordan, for e.g.)

i'm liking annika more and more each week simply because she has such a great attitude and is so much more mature and well-balanced than the others. her face is actually very stunning, i am realising.

but i still like jordan best and i hope she wins. she's so awesome! :cool:

steph to go next week plz.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I've just finished watching the final of americas next top moled season 8 and ive gotta tell you, not impressed. those girls are so damn fug (for models i mean), the russian girl was fucking priceless though.

I dont like annika's face or body, i think she looks plain. she does have a good attitude though. jordan is funny and has a great personality and style and stepf is cute but i think it's obvious that the best model by far is Alice.

everyone acknowledges that she is the best model, everyone who sees her photos says she could be on any runway in the world...so fucking give it to her already. this is the break she needs, any of the other girls would just waste it like that wierd looking girl who won it last time.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Alice just doesn't have pop.

And they always want that. She's boring and that doesn't make for great TV.

Plus they have a point in that she only has one look. It's fucking awesome and would probably ensure that she works but yeah.

HSC
N/A
Alice reminds me a bit of one of the girls in australia's next top model cycle 1.

Great photos but awful personality. One of the judges said that of all the models, she'd do the best job, but she wouldn't even get booked in the first place because of the attitude. I don't doubt Alice will go on to model - with a body like that how could you not? - but I find watching her very frustrating because she COULD be totally awesome, but as it is she's just the girl who hit the genetic jackpot.

If it's true, why the fuck did paloma lie about her age? Before we could say she's an immature, attention-seeking manipulative bitch who needs to grow up... now she's just a REALLY immature, REALLY attention-seeking, REALLY manipulative bitch royale. My hate for her has just intensified x10.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
BUT ITS A MODELLING SHOW, NOT A PERSONALITY OR ACTING SHOW!

you dont need a personality to book jobs, most models don't even speak the right language for their shoot/walk, they just have to be pretty, tall and slim, which alice is!

so give her the crown and the vogue spread. can you actually see annika's big titties in couture anyway? even less in couture in VOGUE? please.

jordan is cute, and so is steph, but there is no WAY alice cannot win this.

HSC
N/A
Well, the other girl lost out because of a lack of personality (like Alice, was really shy). What's to say Alice won't either?

That being said I do think she is a strong contender. But if one of the girls with personality can start pumping out good photos on a regular basis (eg Jordan)...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Jordan FTW.

Annika's got a pretty face but GOD her voice grates and I'm not sure about her body. Sometimes it feels very men's magazine but not so much as Paloma did.
Haha, I love the almost bogan accent on her, its great :D

HSC
some dodgy tattoo places, ie thailand or and some parlours, they dont ask for parental consent or even id, so it would be quite easy for paloma to get one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)