Avenger or Avatar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pfortune35

HSC
both were special effects driven and neither were great 'films'.

When I watched avatar i felt like it was trying to hard to make a statement and the plot was very predicable.
Though Avengers was similar, it knew what it was, it was a fun movie about superheroes with some good lines and actions scenes.
I didn't take it too serously but thats why I enjoyed it.

Avengers hands down

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
sorry mate but your friend wins. Obviously avatar. Which movie made the most profit? That question explains everything.
Sorry but was I talking about shawshank redemption? Right now its between avengers and avatar.
these two posts are so pathetic it's unexplainable how someone of your intelligence could possibly even manage to find the internet

OHH HURR DURR TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (5th highest grossing) MUST BE BETTER THAN SO MANY MOVIES HURR DURR

yea sorry mate profit explains fuk all

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Though Avengers was similar, it knew what it was, it was a fun movie about superheroes with some good lines and actions scenes.
I didn't take it too serously but thats why I enjoyed it.
I could say the same thing about Avatar though. I knew what it was, it was a fun movie about blue extra-terrestrials with some good lines, fancy effects and action scenes.
I didn't take it too seriously but that's why i enjoyed it

no srsly though

Pfortune35

HSC
I could say the same thing about Avatar though. I knew what it was, it was a fun movie about blue extra-terrestrials with some good lines, fancy effects and action scenes.
I didn't take it too seriously but that's why i enjoyed it

no srsly though
But avatar is a moive that trys to make this social commentary about 'greed' and you feel like movie is sermonising you.

You dont take avatar seriously because the writers want you too, you dont take avengers seriously because the writers dont want you too.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I somehow doubt the writers of Avatar wanted us to treat a piece of science fiction very seriously as well.

At the end of the day both are extremely overrated movies and taking them off the big-screen and watching it on a small flat-screen tv would severely diminish both their values, showing them for what they actually are.

I'll take Avatar purely because of the superior cinematography, soundtrack and special effects... which mind you, was ground breaking.

In comparing these two movies, it would perhaps be fruitless to consider the storylines when the directors and writers themselves would probably admit they weren't as relevant. So in saying that, i don't believe the writers of Avatar expected us to make revolutionary changes because of a repetitive message at all

madharris

HSC
N/A
I loved the avengers more.
Probably because my dad introduced me to the comics when I was younger, and I loved them

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmmm i liked Avengers more than Avatar... they both had there flaws though. Avatar ripped off much of its storyline from Pocahontas and Avengers was a superhero movie without the transformation from nerd to strong super hero, which makes those types of movies awesome.
THE HULK

Ugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)