aviation (pilot) (1 Viewer)

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
you japanese ?
nup but i studied it for years n years n planning to go over again next year so i can speak with natives to improve...you don't have to be jap to get into JAL right? :S

HSC
honeynlicorice said:
nup but i studied it for years n years n planning to go over again next year so i can speak with natives to improve...you don't have to be jap to get into JAL right? :S
then you should be prepared to be based overseas for up to ten years till your seniority allows you to pick sydney base..

are there any female pilots in jal anyway ?

Last edited:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
honeynlicorice said:
I can already imagine you Syl. You better give me some toys on our trip :)

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I can already imagine you Syl. You better give me some toys on our trip :)
ahaha like the toranpu* on the plane XD n the guy that looked like carmen was on that plane as well!

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
then you should be prepared to be based overseas for up to ten years till your seniority allows you to pick sydney base..

are there any female pilots in jal anyway ?
ten years is fine overseas as long as its not in the defence force i should be fine with it... talking about female pilots in general i have not seen any

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
honeynlicorice said:
ahaha like the toranpu* on the plane XD n the guy that looked like carmen was on that plane as well!
BWHAHAH. I remember him. ROFLS!

Next time you're on JAL, kick that guy who slept on the floor for me :)

HSC
should i be laughing or getting ready to throw a basketball at u? xD go JAL!
honeynlicorice said:

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
BWHAHAH. I remember him. ROFLS!

Next time you're on JAL, kick that guy who slept on the floor for me :)
only the pilot in command can ick people off.. :)

5233andy

HSC
I've a profound interest in the world of aviation - personally, I wouldn't mind being a pilot or whatnot - but the problem that concerns me most would be the University fees... Like someone mentioned previously, I certainly don't like the idea of spending ten or so years in the Air Force.

Oh well... there are other career paths I guess...

HSC
5233andy said:
I've a profound interest in the world of aviation - personally, I wouldn't mind being a pilot or whatnot - but the problem that concerns me most would be the University fees... Like someone mentioned previously, I certainly don't like the idea of spending ten or so years in the Air Force.

Oh well... there are other career paths I guess...
alternative is going bush..which should get you into the airlines by 5-8years

although..even 3 years of full-time flying can get you through if your lucky to be given
anything other than single engine vfr..

HSC
☆ said:
should i be laughing or getting ready to throw a basketball at u? xD go JAL!
IS that u carmen? What are you doing on the aviation thread:jaw: !!! ahaha hey but u got to admit that guy had similarities with u!!!

HSC
honeynlicorice said:
IS that u carmen? What are you doing on the aviation thread:jaw: !!! ahaha hey but u got to admit that guy had similarities with u!!!
which subjects are you doing ??

and what are u doing next year ?

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
which subjects are you doing ??

and what are u doing next year ?
me? These are my subjects for the preliminary course:

- Cont. Japanese, Maths 2U/3U, Physics, Economics, Adv English,ceramics

next year im going to keep everything except ceramics, going to drop that and pick up ext.jap n see how things go from there.:D

BTW! anyone going to the UNSW open day? aviation course???

HSC
honeynlicorice said:
me? These are my subjects for the preliminary course:

- Cont. Japanese, Maths 2U/3U, Physics, Economics, Adv English,ceramics

next year im going to keep everything except ceramics, going to drop that and pick up ext.jap n see how things go from there.:D

BTW! anyone going to the UNSW open day? aviation course???
when is it ??

is there a website explaiing ?

edit: dw..found it

Last edited:

Sew2289

HSC
I plan on becoming a pilot one day, but I'm just going to be attending a flight school and attend university on the side in computing or science (Span it over a couple of years whilst I build my hours up whether its through instructing or chartering). I'm almost likely secured an instruction job at my local flight school after I've gained my Instructors rating, so the only thing holding me back is costs (but I should be able to get through it. I think alot of people don't understand that a career in aviation isn't as straight foward as most people think. There are many ways around the costs, building the hours and achieving a good educational back-up at the same time. Air Force is not the only option.

HSC
Sew2289 said:
I plan on becoming a pilot one day, but I'm just going to be attending a flight school and attend university on the side in computing or science (Span it over a couple of years whilst I build my hours up whether its through instructing or chartering). I'm almost likely secured an instruction job at my local flight school after I've gained my Instructors rating, so the only thing holding me back is costs (but I should be able to get through it. I think alot of people don't understand that a career in aviation isn't as straight foward as most people think. There are many ways around the costs, building the hours and achieving a good educational back-up at the same time. Air Force is not the only option.
that's just great..mate
alot of people do that..

but if i join when im 21,
ill be perhaps 500 seniority ranks lower ?

Last edited:

Sew2289

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
that's just great..mate
alot of people do that..

but if i join when im 21,
ill be perhaps 500 seniority ranks lower ?
Do you mean an Airline when your 21?

I doubt you'd have hours up by then. I think mid to late thirties is about the right time people seem to acquire enough hours and experience. Guess it depends on the industry at the time.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you meaNT :shy:

HSC
Sew2289 said:
Do you mean an Airline when your 21?

I doubt you'd have hours up by then. I think mid to late thirties is about the right time people seem to acquire enough hours and experience. Guess it depends on the industry at the time.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you meaNT :shy:
why wouldnt i have enugh hours ?

i think you should research your career path a little more..

Sew2289

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
why wouldnt i have enugh hours ?

i think you should research your career path a little more..
LOL

Well I don't know in detail how your going about your training. But all I know is, that the average entry age into major airlines is roughly 24-25 (note, this is off a qantas informartion . I'm not suggesting its not possible to attain hours by then, by all means its possible to build up to 2000 hours in 3-4 years, but there are so many variables that will lay ahead in your path and mine of course that will not guarantee this, including the state of the industry, costs, finding suitable jobs and of course, your commitment.

Once again, I'm not saying its impossible, you seem to be very ethusiastic about your career but the aviation world is about as stable as walking on stilts. You have to accept anything that comes at you, even if its y working out in the outback on small charter runs on fast food pay.

HSC
Sew2289 said:
LOL

Well I don't know in detail how your going about your training. But all I know is, that the average entry age into major airlines is roughly 24-25 (note, this is off a qantas informartion . I'm not suggesting its not possible to attain hours by then, by all means its possible to build up to 2000 hours in 3-4 years, but there are so many variables that will lay ahead in your path and mine of course that will not guarantee this, including the state of the industry, costs, finding suitable jobs and of course, your commitment.

Once again, I'm not saying its impossible, you seem to be very ethusiastic about your career but the aviation world is about as stable as walking on stilts. You have to accept anything that comes at you, even if its y working out in the outback on small charter runs on fast food pay.
sorry..but i had an entire week with qantas..so i know what im saying is right..

your looking at it one dimensionally..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)