aviation (pilot) (1 Viewer)

Sew2289

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
sorry..but i had an entire week with qantas..so i know what im saying is right..

your looking at it one dimensionally..
And you think the entire aviation industry is Qantas? I'm sorry, you must know everything. Did not realise :eek:. If anything, you need to stop thinking one dimensionally. Look at all possible options.

HSC
Sew2289 said:
And you think the entire aviation industry is Qantas? I'm sorry, you must know everything. Did not realise :eek:. If anything, you need to stop thinking one dimensionally. Look at all possible options.
i didnt say i knew everything..i responded with that qantas thing
because you said average is 24-25..after u sad something about joining at
mid to late thirties..quite a contradiction..

and getting in at 21 isnt that hard..
you still looking at it one dimensionally

Sew2289

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
i didnt say i knew everything..i responded with that qantas thing
because you said average is 24-25..after u sad something about joining at
mid to late thirties..quite a contradiction..

and getting in at 21 isnt that hard..
you still looking at it one dimensionally
Ah, I'm sure 25 is mid twenties? I'm going to stop posting now. All I can say, is you really need to speak to more persons involved in this industry. This is not childs play, a smart-arse attitude isn't going to get you anywhere. Maybe year 11 and 12 might teach you a few more skills.

Anyway, Good luck. Hope everything turns out well. Might see you in the cockpit oneday.

HSC
yeah..i think thats a wise choice coz your just making a fool of yourself..
direct entry is not the only way in..

and you said 35-39 is the tme most peple acquire enough hours
but 24-25 is average..

and i sure hope i dont see you in the cockpit one day with your
narrow-minded views..but of course..the pysch test should take care of that for me..

:p

Sew2289

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
yeah..i think thats a wise choice coz your just making a fool of yourself..
direct entry is not the only way in..

and you said 35-39 is the tme most peple acquire enough hours
but 24-25 is average..

and i sure hope i dont see you in the cockpit one day with your
narrow-minded views..but of course..the pysch test should take care of that for me..

:p
When did I say that? Narrow Minded? You are immature. You have no idea about the expectations of this industry. I advise you settle for another career if you honestly believe you'll be flying in a million dollar aircraft with the responsiblity of numerous lives at the age of 21. I think you just expect too much. I'm trying to have a civilised conversation about the truths and realities about this industry and you throw that knowlegde back in my face as if its a game. I know what this industry is about. I may not have experienced it yet, but at least I have a sensible attitude when it comes to accepting the truths and realities of this industry.

Source of information: Cousin is a Raaf Pilot; Uncle is a 737 captain for virgin blue.

And no that wasn't to impress or wow you! It's called acknowledging information. I don't pull information out of my backside and feel proud to say what I'm speaking about.

HSC
Sew2289 said:
When did I say that? Narrow Minded? You are immature. You have no idea about the expectations of this industry. I advise you settle for another career if you honestly believe you'll be flying in a million dollar aircraft with the responsiblity of numerous lives at the age of 21. I think you just expect too much. I'm trying to have a civilised conversation about the truths and realities about this industry and you throw that knowlegde back in my face as if its a game. I know what this industry is about. I may not have experienced it yet, but at least I have a sensible attitude when it comes to accepting the truths and realities of this industry.

Source of information: Cousin is a Raaf Pilot; Uncle is a 737 captain for virgin blue.

And no that wasn't to impress or wow you! It's called acknowledging information. I don't pull information out of my backside and feel proud to say what I'm speaking about.
ok.

you really annoy me.

because i cant handle this any longer,

there are such things called cadet programs.

and, at 21, I believe you would be a second officer

(the captain is responsible for the safety of passengers)

you know..i dont know how minute your intelligence in this
field is so i just had to say that)

also, jets for airlines are in excess of million dollars

and didnt you say you were going to stop posting ?

"I'm trying to have a civilised conversation about the truths and realities about this industry and you throw that knowlegde back in my face as if its a game. "

only because you have little knowledge of what your actually talking about

and so with that, ill wait for your pathetic response..if you do ever come up with one..

Last edited:

Sew2289

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
ok.

you really annoy me.

because i cant handle this any longer,

there are such things called cadet programs.

and, at 21, I believe you would be a second officer

(the captain is responsible for the safety of passengers)

you know..i dont know how minute your intelligence in this
field is so i just had to say that)

also, jets for airlines are in excess of million dollars

and didnt you say you were going to stop posting ?

"I'm trying to have a civilised conversation about the truths and realities about this industry and you throw that knowlegde back in my face as if its a game. "

only because you have little knowledge of what your actually talking about
Did I ever doubt that your could be employed at 21? Find me a quote that says so

No Matter the position, all pilots who sit up in the cockpit have full responsiblity of the control of the aircraft. Does that mean if you were a second officer, forced to fly an aircraft if both the captain and first officer were incapable in doing so for whatever reason, you'd just let the plane cruise along till it runs out of fuel or whatever may potentially happen to it.

Minute intelligence. I find that quite funny. Whats funny is when someone accuses someone of posessing a lack on intelligence when they have no idea who that person is or who they know. You've given me enough evidence to call you immature just by your general attitude.

And finally, your too immature to realise that I'm not in conflict over the fact that your eligible to be flying at 21, it's just your atittude that you have displayed towards myself that has annoyed me. and the fact that you are too gutless to understand the truths and realities of this industry, whether your a cadet or a direct entry pilot. Being a cadet does not mean you are different to any other pilot flying those aircraft.

theviet

HSC
i believe that XXmuffinmanXX is an aviation freak...

HSC
Sew2289 said:
Did I ever doubt that your could be employed at 21? Find me a quote that says so

No Matter the position, all pilots who sit up in the cockpit have full responsiblity of the control of the aircraft. Does that mean if you were a second officer, forced to fly an aircraft if both the captain and first officer were incapable in doing so for whatever reason, you'd just let the plane cruise along till it runs out of fuel or whatever may potentially happen to it.

Minute intelligence. I find that quite funny. Whats funny is when someone accuses someone of posessing a lack on intelligence when they have no idea who that person is or who they know. You've given me enough evidence to call you immature just by your general attitude.

And finally, your too immature to realise that I'm not in conflict over the fact that your eligible to be flying at 21, it's just your atittude that you have displayed towards myself that has annoyed me. and the fact that you are too gutless to understand the truths and realities of this industry, whether your a cadet or a direct entry pilot. Being a cadet does not mean you are different to any other pilot flying those aircraft.
i think you said smething along the lines of 'it isnt impossible' which in itself is double negation which just proves that intelligence thing but anyway..

yeah my attitude would be the same to anybody who thinks they know everything about aviation because they have some uncle working at virgin blue and then coming into a forum and giving me stupid unrealistic hypothetical scenarios..

you think a SO would just let the aircraft continue on its present course without a legit PIC..really..need to wake up to yourself..

and the role of a SO is cruise relief..so in a realistic scenario, the SO would actually be observing and then taking controls during the cruise part of the flight..the safety of passengers remains with the PIC which can then be distributed..the tasks that is

and i think ive clarified that it is normal to be in the airlines by 21..
1. 1.5years @ uni, 2 years CIPP, which would get me in at 20 1/2 years
2. 3 years @ uni, 2 years CIPP, which would get me in at 22 years..

but of course, id have to first be accepted..

other ways..

3. raaf..through adfa, 3years at uni, 11years roso..
4. direct entry..probably 3-5 years going bush or instructor or whatever..

so yeah..

and i think you entire perception of the CURRENT aviation industry is just wrong so please dont give me a lecture on your pointless realtities of the aviation industry..

ive never said that it wasnt a stroll in the park..i dont think ive even touched that issue..this 'civilised argument with an immature child' really started because you said being in the airlines was 'not impossible' which implies near impossibility at the age of 21..which ive already proven to you is quite normal..

Last edited:

theviet

HSC
SEW

stop pretending you know everything about aviation
i bet the muffinmanguy knows more than you
because he looks at planes all his life

HSC
this thread is like a debate now :pain:. ahaha newai is anyone planning to go to that UNSW thing this SAturday???

p.s. 03/09/08 the worst day of my bloody life!!!:vcross:

HSC
honeynlicorice said:
this thread is like a debate now :pain:. ahaha newai is anyone planning to go to that UNSW thing this SAturday???

p.s. 03/09/08 the worst day of my bloody life!!!:vcross:
yeah..ill be going..but just from 10-1..

i have swimming in the morning and music after so cant stay for the entire day

so why was today so bad ?

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
Hey listen you little prick

It says your HSC isn't until 2010, so I'd just pipe down and listen to someone who has a bit of experience here, ok child?

Do not start with the word 'wrong' - you sound like a pretentious little shit and it's your first word.

Physics is dropped as a REQUIRED subject for QANTAS application, but that doesn't mean its not recommended. As I'm sure you probably know somewhere in your ignorance, Physics is a kind of vital component of flying - and thus it would be impressive to have this on your CV.

Here's another tip - never tell anyone OLDER than you to 'update your information, buddy'. Who the hell do you think you are? You're in Year 10, BUDDY.

As for your little comment about UAI, cadets and CASA? I'm pretty sure you missed the point of what I was saying. Read back over, and then get back to me, BUDDY.

I can tell you know that if you keep up this attitude, you will NOT get employed by any airline in Australia. And in the rare event that you do, if I am your commanding pilot I will make a point of ditching the plane just to shut your pretentious opinions up.

But thanks for the reply, BUDDY!
my bad..

the recommended thing i got wrong..

but then what experience do you have?

Last edited:
HSC
JamesTockuss said:
What experience do I have?

Well I'm in Year 12 and am taking this as a serious career decision - as opposed to your little "dream" to obviously impress those around you - and please don't go denying this.

Need some more evidence? I've been through the Qantas selection process. In fact I had my stage three interview two weeks ago - and therefore what I say about the selection process is going to be the truth.

You're in Year 10 man. You need to pull your head in and realise that you are not the only one on this forum interested in aviation and are certainly not the only person who has information regarding these topics.
is this for cadet ?

ccc123

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
Hey listen you little prick

It says your HSC isn't until 2010, so I'd just pipe down and listen to someone who has a bit of experience here, ok child?

Do not start with the word 'wrong' - you sound like a pretentious little shit and it's your first word.

Physics is dropped as a REQUIRED subject for QANTAS application, but that doesn't mean its not recommended. As I'm sure you probably know somewhere in your ignorance, Physics is a kind of vital component of flying - and thus it would be impressive to have this on your CV.

Here's another tip - never tell anyone OLDER than you to 'update your information, buddy'. Who the hell do you think you are? You're in Year 10, BUDDY.

As for your little comment about UAI, cadets and CASA? I'm pretty sure you missed the point of what I was saying. Read back over, and then get back to me, BUDDY.

I can tell you know that if you keep up this attitude, you will NOT get employed by any airline in Australia. And in the rare event that you do, if I am your commanding pilot I will make a point of ditching the plane just to shut your pretentious opinions up.

But thanks for the reply, BUDDY!
Lol. I see you're getting into BOS debating. To xXmuffin0manXx: He's right you know ;)

HSC
ccc123 said:
Lol. I see you're getting into BOS debating. To xXmuffin0manXx: He's right you know ;)
i already said that i made that mistake..

james..:

are you doing swinburne or griffith ?

and..where did u do the interview ?

Last edited:

JamesTockuss

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
i already said that i made that mistake..

james..:

are you doing swinburne or griffith ?

and..where did u do the interview ?
And I've applied for Swinburne.

The interview was at Qantas Building C, Mascot

Seamus733

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
And I've applied for Swinburne.

The interview was at Qantas Building C, Mascot
Hey JamesTockuss,

How did the panel interview go? What did they ask/get you to do? How did you respond during the interview? I have my interview in two weeks = ) As a side question, how long did it take recruitment to call you after Stage 2?

And xXmuffin0manXx you need to check yourself mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)