BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

Allan vB

HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

So... of those who got an offer, who accepted it?

venom69r

HSC

I accepted it =]]

But I also accepted PwC. That means I've got until the UAI comes out to make a final decision (as BAcc is contingent upon a UAI >95). I discussed this with the HR manager at PwC and she's totally cool with it.

Who else accepted?

shakky15

HSC

round 2 applications are now being accepted.. anyone here giving that a go?

anintax3

HSC

I accepted it =)

Can i still go for the Co-op program tho ?
butt i think my heart is 100% on this BAcc course .

Allan vB

HSC

I'm not going to go for the Co-op at UNSW. I would rather do the BAcc at UTS. Also, the Co-op is slightly harder to get into, UAI wise anyway. So if I get the 95 that I want, I'm definitely into BAcc but not definitely into the Co-op... therefore, no need to apply for Co-op!

Btw, the email i got from UTS saud that I'm guaranteed with a UAI of 95. It said that if I get slightly lower, my chances will still be "good" - what exactly does this mean. I reckon I'll get between 90 and 95, so just not sure about all of that. What did everyone have written in their email?

redom

HSC

You'll be a certainty with a 95+, but going by history and my grade, you should still make it with a 90ish+ UAI...although that isn't 100% certain...im not sure exactly how it works, but people in my year have UAI's between 90-95.

Congrats to those who got in!...ill see some of you next year! :)

and for those who didn't...theres plenty of paths...BBus and BCom are also great courses! :)

Work hard, and you'll be fine!

Gluck with trials 08er's!

Last edited:

summermagic

HSC

So who applied for the second round? I regretted not applying back in March so I decided to apply this time. Anyone else?

Allan vB

HSC

I applied and was accepted into the 1st round... though, not sure if I'll get the 95 needed with my performance in the exams, which, I might add, are ALL OVER!!!

Good luck all you 2nd rounders!

shakky15

HSC

summermagic said:
So who applied for the second round? I regretted not applying back in March so I decided to apply this time. Anyone else?
yep, and for the same reason too...

got an interview on the 26th! what about u?

and allan, what sort of advice can you give as to how we should attack the interview?

trickx

HSC

Adimus said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a current 3rd year BAcc, who used to post here quite regularily, just wanted to come on and offer my advice/help for either the 2nd round interviews (ie. tips/types of q's/etc) or deciding between BAcc and a cadetship/unsw co-op.

If you want to talk (i probably won't be coming back here frequently), please give me a call anytime after the 24th Nov (my last exam), and i'll be happy to help.

~Adam
Mobile: 0407 846 368

p.s. In answer to peoples worry about the importance of UAI mark, even if you get under 95 you still have a good chance in getting in as long as you did/do a strong interview. People in my year ranged from around 99.8 to as low as 85.7, so as long as you get above 85 and have a strong interview you have a great chance.
Hey Adimus,

I'll be attending an interview this coming thursday in the afternoon. The biggest concern for me is that i'm genuinely interested in accounting, but i also feel quite the same about law. I was wondering if i could pursue both careers, like completing the Bacc then doing a post-graduate in law?

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC

how did you go shakky15??? wat was it like? wat kind of questions? im not doing second round bacc (got rejected after an interview in first round lol) but it would still be interesting if you could share some info.

and GOOD LUCK summermagic!

shakky15

HSC

haiderr said:
how did you go shakky15??? wat was it like? wat kind of questions? im not doing second round bacc (got rejected after an interview in first round lol) but it would still be interesting if you could share some info.

and GOOD LUCK summermagic!
hahah you remembered ay

hmm it was ok i guess, the interviewers are nice, but i see through that now after a few rejections..

so its really hard to tell whether you did well or not based on the interviewers reactions... speaking to some aplicants beforehand, its ruthlessly competitive, everyones so nice, smart and does extracurricular stuff so it must be pretty hard to choose people out of us..

in terms of the interview itself, the questions were okay.. they dont really target the BAcc course itself, they like to ask about your interest in acconting as a career (the interviewers are workers for the sponsor firms). They asked me about a time when i dealt with someone on a 'sensitive' issue.. or something like that.. i bs a bit about people who couldnt speak english who wanted a refund at best n less (hopeless). That sorta caught me out.

overall it was okay, but it felt like all my other interviews, which ended up unsuccessful.. so ill just wait and see (not very long actually.. results come on 1st dec.)

and good luck summermagic im sure youll go fine :)

summermagic

HSC

Thanks Zephyrio and shakky15! Interview's tomorrow so I hope all goes well.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC

DONT WORRY SHAKKY15 and SUMMERMAGIC dont lose hope yet im sure you did fine! not symphathising.. well i am, but its true, some ppl do soooo well n they dont get selected! so you dont know wat theyr looking for!

thnx for the insight shakky15, and good luck to all for dec 1!!!!

shakky15

HSC

haiderr said:
DONT WORRY SHAKKY15 and SUMMERMAGIC dont lose hope yet im sure you did fine! not symphathising.. well i am, but its true, some ppl do soooo well n they dont get selected! so you dont know wat theyr looking for!

thnx for the insight shakky15, and good luck to all for dec 1!!!!
AAAHHH its tomorrow!! im petrified! not expecting much though so we will see what happens..

shakky15

HSC

awww didnt make it :(

ah well.. time to enjoy my holidays a little more i guess..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)