• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ban red pens... for the children. (2 Viewers)

Should red pens be banned?

• Yes, the GLD Health Report shows they promote aggressive behaviour.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • No, the Government should be ashamed.

Votes: 60 72.3%
  • No, the Opposition should be ashamed.

Votes: 42 50.6%

• Total voters

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Mr McArdle said Queensland had the lowest literacy and numeracy outcomes in the country, yet the Bligh Labor Government was more worried about what colour pens teachers were using.

"This is a kooky, loony, loopy, left policy from a Labor Government that is out of touch," he said.

Read the article, niggs.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i can see the rationale behind it, but honestly, arent there more important things to worry about

impervious182

HSC
bigboyjames said:
all my troll accounts that are still working have voted.
yeah. I was wondering why so many people had voted for... Swan's on TV... argh.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
lol, how stupid

fwiw, if i could make 1 change to the education system i'd make it possible to fail the SC and HSC, so if you get Band 1s you don't actually get the certificate

impervious182

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
lol, how stupid

fwiw, if i could make 1 change to the education system i'd make it possible to fail the SC and HSC, so if you get Band 1s you don't actually get the certificate
Yeah I think people should definitely be able to fail. What's the point of a certificate if everyone who wants one, receives one?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Exphate said:
I do believe there are rumblings about a possible change to the HSC which would see fail grades reintroduced. As you'd expect, the dogooders out there have jumped all over it, sighting that fail grades will destroy self-confidence invariably leading to a jump in suicide rates.

It shits me off.
ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAAHAH! this is the most fucked up shit i have ever heard...ROFLMAO

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Dude, Exphate, it's citing, not sighting. This is the second time in three minutes you've said it - don't embarrass yourself :p

sunsettah

HSC
"TEACHERS have been told to stop marking schoolchildren's work with red pen because it is an "aggressive" colour."

hahahahahahahahah oh that is just STUPID.

Like how we can't call blackboards BLACKBOARDS anymore???!

Get a LIFE!!

haha. AND..

Why don't they stop spending billions of dollars on stupid things like fixing the roads in Sydney that were fine for now the way they were, and start focusing on things that are just SLIGHTLY more important?? - just while they're at it.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
didn't they do this ages ago?

i remember my english teacher used to mark in purple because she said she shouldn't mark in red as it is too negative.

same with writing shit reports. you can only focus on the good stuff?

sunsettah

HSC
haha i like purple =]
like seriously which kid is going to go "the red pen makes me feeeeeeeeeeel bad"

nikolas

HSC
Exphate said:
yeh...nah.

I do believe there are rumblings about a possible change to the HSC which would see fail grades reintroduced. As you'd expect, the dogooders out there have jumped all over it, sighting that fail grades will destroy self-confidence invariably leading to a jump in suicide rates.

It's a joke. Just like students being able to continue through school (primary and secondary) without the ability to read.

It shits me off.
Oh the stories i could tell you, I'm a tutor in my schools peer reading program. Some of these kids have problems reading 3 letter words.

Last edited:

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
my french teacher marks in green pen - it's done wonders for our self-confidence, and as a result, we're much more likely to succeed in life

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
to be honest, i actually used to like it when my maths exam was marked in green. dunno why.

layzeehbum

HSC
Wheelbarrows said:
to be honest, i actually used to like it when my maths exam was marked in green. dunno why.
coz sumtimes if you get bad marks or fail sumting its usuall written in red!?
mayb bcoz of dat....
i would prefer it if teachers use colourful pens lol lol lol
there's like thousands of colours... why r we limited to only blak, blue, red and green???

impervious182

HSC
layzeehbum said:
mayb bcoz of dat....
there's like thousands of colours... why r we limited to only blak, blue, red and green???
because they're made in the largest quantity so they're cheaper to produce. :D

boris

Banned
HSC
layzeehbum said:
mayb bcoz of dat....
You fucking need a huge red cross on that shit.

boris

Banned
HSC
sunsettah said:
"TEACHERS have been told to stop marking schoolchildren's work with red pen because it is an "aggressive" colour."

hahahahahahahahah oh that is just STUPID.

Like how we can't call blackboards BLACKBOARDS anymore???!

Get a LIFE!!

haha. AND..

Why don't they stop spending billions of dollars on stupid things like fixing the roads in Sydney that were fine for now the way they were, and start focusing on things that are just SLIGHTLY more important?? - just while they're at it.
Yeah im fairly sure maintainance of the roads and new infrastucture are fairly fucking important for the nearly 5 million people who live in Sydney. "fine for now the way they were" - yeah without maintainance and capital infrastructure they will stay fine for about a year before turning to a state that is beyond repair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)