Band 6 (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
U mad?

More likely =! Definetly
You don't know the difference between me "MORE LIKELY" to get a B6 then "DEFINETLY" getting a B6?
"me "MORE LIKELY"" and "get a B6 then "DEFINETLY""

Do you know the difference between 'then' and 'than'?
Do you know how to spell "definitely"?
Did you know that the clause "me "MORE LIKELY"" does not even make sense gramatically?

...Please come back when you've constructed a proper English sentence.

As i said, good luck getting a B6 in standard....

Did you hear me? GOOD LUCK GETTING A BAND 6 IN STANDARD

Talk about self-inflicted ownage you moron :rolleyes:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
lol... honestly

wow

Misyndo

HSC
alright first of all asswipe... i know b00m personally, and "nom nom nom"???.. how old are you? 10?
Yeah, I'm 10 and doing the HSC. How does this make you feel.

and second of all.. he is actually in a position to get a band 6 in adv english with his current rank. and if u actually knew the facts properly or anything about the difference between advanced and standard, you'll know that only around 15 (if that) people in the state get a band 6 in standard..

so unless you're one of those 15. good luck to you.
And if you actually read at all I never said that it was impossible for him to get a B6 in Advanced. What is your point? Also, you don't know me yet you're doubting my position to get a B6 in Standard. Does this sound like a familiar argument?

In b4 use of 'and' to start a sentence.

Did you know that the clause "me "MORE LIKELY"" does not even make sense gramatically?

Your argument is literally composed entirely about my typing and use of everyday language on an online forum. You want me to type a fucking essay on BoS forums for you?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Your argument is literally composed entirely about my typing and use of everyday language on an online forum. You want me to type a fucking essay on BoS forums for you?
My argument is based on the fact that you think it's more probable that a Band 6 is more likely for yourself rather than myself in advanced.. i merely pointed out your severe grammatical deficiencies, which in turn contradicted your incoherent and irrational discourse.

And no, i don't want you to write a "fucking essay". Where the fuck did i even imply such abhorrence? I'm asking for you to compose a proper sentence without making such a mockery of yourself...... and use of everyday language? where did i even 'attack' your use of "everyday language".. read my post again.

like fuck.. ok, wateva mr "i'm awesome, i have a better chance of getting a band 6 in standard than yourself in advanced, coz i is in crap cohort" - using that logic, EVERYONE in advanced would take part in standard

Last edited:

Misyndo

HSC
My argument is based on the fact that you think it's more probable that a Band 6 is more likely for yourself rather than myself in advanced.. i merely pointed out your severe grammatical deficiencies, which in turn contradicted your incoherent and irrational discourse.

And no, i don't want you to write a "fucking essay". Where the fuck did i even imply such abhorrence? I'm asking for you to compose a proper sentence without making such a mockery of yourself...... and use of everyday language? where did i even 'attack' your use of "everyday language".. read my post again.

like fuck.. ok, wateva mr "i'm awesome, i have a better chance of getting a band 6 in standard than yourself in advanced, coz i is in crap cohort" - using that logic, EVERYONE in advanced would take part in standard
>Implying my 'grammatical deficiencies' and 'improper sentences' on an ONLINE FORUM (BOS) is an indicator of my writing skill for exams.
>Implying everyone uses perfect grammar in everyday conversation (i.e. EVERYDAY LANGUAGE).
>Implying everyone on BOS must adhere to perfect grammar as if they're typing formal essays, otherwise it'd be an abhorrence.
>Implying you know that I DIFEINETLI won't have a better chance for getting a B6.
>Implying.

jasonn

HSC
Yeah, I'm 10 and doing the HSC. How does this make you feel.
hm.. if you weren't as socially awkward as you seem to be, you would know that by implying that you were 10 years old, i was merely pointing out your immaturity.

Also, its funny how you pointed out my grammatical error when clearly you attacked b00m for pointing out yours. what that's word again? oh yeah.. hypocrisy.

On another note, i wasn't doubting your ability to get a band 6 you twat. i was saying that it was irrational to assume that you were more likely to get a band 6 in standard than b00m getting a band 6 in advanced, since clearly he is in a position to get a band 6 in adv due to his rank, and only 15 people in the state get a band 6 in standard.

Misyndo

HSC
hm.. if you weren't as socially awkward as you seem to be, you would know that by implying that you were 10 years old, i was merely pointing out your immaturity.
But I'm clearly 10 and of course I would be immature to the rest of you old grown up HSC students who are 17/18s. How is this adding any relevance to English.

Also, its funny how you pointed out my grammatical error when clearly you attacked b00m for pointing out yours. what that's word again? oh yeah.. hypocrisy.
Please quote me as to where upon I pointed out YOUR grammatical error as I can't be bothered finding it as it may or may not exist/do not recall it happening.

On another note, i wasn't doubting your ability to get a band 6 you twat. i was saying that it was irrational to assume that you were more likely to get a band 6 in standard than b00m getting a band 6 in advanced, since clearly he is in a position to get a band 6 in adv due to his rank, and only 15 people in the state get a band 6 in standard.
>Does not realise how it's also irrational to also assume that I can't get B6 in Std not knowing my capabilities and calibre upon the subject only basing it on "15 students" getting it.
>Hypocrite.

Gj!

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
But I'm clearly 10 and of course I would be immature to the rest of you old grown up HSC students who are 17/18s. How is this adding any relevance to English.
You take social ackwardness to a level where everyone thinks you retarded or something.

The fact is unless you are very talented at english, you will not get a B6 in english standard. Many people (not necessarily as talented as those who obtained a B6 in standard) get a B6 in english advanced. I did english standard and obtained 87 in it (1st rank internally). That score in that subject was almost unheardof at my school.

Misyndo

HSC
You take social ackwardness to a level where everyone thinks you retarded or something.

The fact is unless you are very talented at english, you will not get a B6 in english standard. Many people (not necessarily as talented as those who obtained a B6 in standard) get a B6 in english advanced. I did english standard and obtained 87 in it (1st rank internally). That score in that subject was almost unheardof at my school.
Clearly you go to a shit school.

beardedwoman

HSC
only like the top 50 in the state, or something ridiculous, get band 6 in Standard English. What school do you go to, and what exactly are you ranked in that school out of curiosity?

Misyndo

HSC
only like the top 50 in the state, or something ridiculous, get band 6 in Standard English. What school do you go to, and what exactly are you ranked in that school out of curiosity?
Top 50 school.
Top 10/160 (average out of my subjects together).

beardedwoman

HSC
I guess it is beneficial that some schools (JR, Baulko, SBHS etc. etc.) do not offer Standard English as a course.

MetroMattums

HSC
Yes, they certainly are important - because they are what determine your ranking. But not in the sense that they contribute to the process of calculating the HSC mark. They don't look at what you scored out of 30 for some assessment - only the resultant RANK that mark amongst other marks gave you in the end.
They actually take into consideration the gaps between the raw marks as well to determine your final Assessment Mark too

Essjaybee

HSC

>Implying my 'grammatical deficiencies' and 'improper sentences' on an ONLINE FORUM (BOS) is an indicator of my writing skill for exams.
>Implying everyone uses perfect grammar in everyday conversation (i.e. EVERYDAY LANGUAGE).
>Implying everyone on BOS must adhere to perfect grammar as if they're typing formal essays, otherwise it'd be an abhorrence.
>Implying you know that I DIFEINETLI won't have a better chance for getting a B6.
>Implying.

Generally the difference between online and real life/essays is shorthand terms, typos and a more narrow vocabulary.

"Then" is not a shorter or colloquial version of "than". Besides, in that context both are wrong - you should have used 'and'. The fact that this is an "online forum" does not excuse this mistake. Nor does it excuse the fact that the sentence itself did not make sense.

The argument involved the implication that you could be one of the top 15 people in the state for an english subject, so yes, grammatical deficiencies are valid in arguments against you.

I was going to just ignore the mistakes because I don't really care, but you sound like such a self-involved moron and increasingly so as your posts continue. Please, for the sake of anyone that has some sort of respect for you, stop talking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)