Bedroom Storage! What's your room like? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I have recently had a 'mini renovation' in my room. New paint, new bed, new bedsheet, and new storage system :S

I've downsized from:
1 tiny wardrobe (holds my clothes and no room for anything else. Yes, no shoes),
2 tallboys,
1 large shelf
1 cupboard underneath my loft bed
1 tall/wide shelf thingo (90cm wide. Gawd... that sounds like so much :S (what was I hoarding?)
desk with shelf built on top of it,

It is now:
1 tallboy,
1 90cm wide shelf thingo,
desk (no shelves built in),
same tiny wardrobe
and a bedside table. I should be putting some stuff under my bed as well.

About half of my storage (under bed not included here) seems to be holding shoes/accessories/jewellery/beauty products. Is there something wrong with me, or do I just have less than average space to work with? I have the option of putting a tall 80cm wide shelf in... but am under impression I will need to learn to deal with less storage space when I move out so better get into good habits now?

That aside, what's your room situation like?

EDIT: I found my camera and worked out how to use photobucket! See pictures of my room here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/2366853/post-60.html

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i dont own much stuff, half my cubboard is taken up by family storage i.e traveling bags, random stored shit. My clothes take up a lot of room, but i have this tray to take up everything else. My room can look pretty neat and tidy sometimes

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I sleep on a King sized bed, the other half I don't sleep on is utilised as a clothes pit. Other clothes/accessories/bags and schoolwork is either under the bed or on my beanbag - which occupies 3/4 of the floorspace near my desk. So when I wake up in the morning, there's little space to move around and when there is - my mobile phone chargewire or lecturenotes pile trips me up.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah i have a Queen, so maybe thats why i cant own much other stuff, otherwise it would crowd up my room

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my room is hideous. i only use it to sleep and keep absolutely every little thing i own in it. ive got no idea how to clean my room. my dad complains about it, so i just shut the door, problem solved. in terms of storage? my floor does the job pretty good.

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
show us a pix glitterfairy!

my room is is occupying like a storage centre.
queen size bed, computer desk, study table, cupboard, 2 bookshelfs, built in wardrobe (full of all my crap also). Under my bed are my shoes in shoesbox i dont know where else to put them.

Last edited:

karoooh

HSC
Shell said:
my room is hideous. i only use it to sleep and keep absolutely every little thing i own in it. ive got no idea how to clean my room. my dad complains about it, so i just shut the door, problem solved. in terms of storage? my floor does the job pretty good.

We have the same table! Except, mine's more red.

I have:

1 massive bookshelf
1 bookshelf 1/2 the size of the first one
1 tall boy
2 big wardrobes

It doesn't house all my stuff though... My sister and mum's too!

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
omg Shell i have the same bed frame as you :eek: btw love your colourful cushions and blankets, they look nice together

Leggy McLegs

HSC
Shell said:

Woah I agree, your room is a mess (I've seen worse though)! I don't understand how anyone can sleep in a room that messy (no offence). I can never have my room messy like that (and my room is around the size of yours). Can I go over to your house and clean your room?!

You say you have no idea how to clean your room:
fix your bed, get rid of the clothes on the floor (chuck them in the laundry... means you don't have to put them away!), stack up the books on the floor into one pile, chuck everything else on your bed and go through what's needed or not needed, and put them into the right spots! It should take less than an hour!

I have
-a built in wardrobe (takes up one wall)
-Bedside table
-Desk
-Single bed (if I could fit in a double I'd get one, but I can't fit one in)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
omg Shell i have the same bed frame as you :eek: btw love your colourful cushions and blankets, they look nice together
thats my delta pillow!!! (that little blue one) :) and does your bed squeak like anything?? i cant move and inch without the bed frame going nuts

Leggy_McLegs said:
Woah I agree, your room is a mess (I've seen worse though)! I don't understand how anyone can sleep in a room that messy (no offence). I can never have my room messy like that (and my room is around the size of yours). Can I go over to your house and clean your room?!

fix your bed, get rid of the clothes on the floor (chuck them in the laundry... means you don't have to put them away!), stack up the books on the floor into one pile, chuck everything else on your bed and go through what's needed or not needed, and put them into the right spots! It should take less than an hour!
umm..who the fuck has time to do all that?! i dont even want my room clean. as messy as it is, i know where everything is. my clotehs will end up there after i have put them through the wash!! half that pile is clean, half is worn. where do i put the clothes when they've been washed?

that tall boy is full of old useless clothes that i never wear. but cant throw out. just coz you dont do that!

the wardrobe.. oh my god, you don't want to see in there. its chocca's full of...junk. no where else to put it.

so if i clean it, it will be back to the same state within two days.

but if you like, SURE fuck oath, come clean my room!!!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
My tallboy is full of old clothes that I never wear and my walk in wardrobe is full of my parents stuff. So all the clothes that I actually do wear are either piled on top of my tallboy, on my couch, hanging from my bathroom door or still in the laundry.

I haven't slept in my own bed for 3 days so at the moment there is stuff piled all over my bed aswell. And there are dirty clothes all over the floor. But I don't have time to clean it up.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
My room is a tallboy and a wardrobe, and a bedside table.. Oh, and a bed. And my glory box which is full of photos...

And thus all my clothes cover the floor. :)

Skeeta

HSC
omigod hoarders are like the devil

i throw out so much shit, basically, the stuff in my room is stuff i need urgently - if it hasnt been used/touched OR WILL BE in the past/next 6 months it goes in the bin

i got that off my mum, have to be sooo careful about what you leave around.. if you cant find something, chances are its in the bin

she almost threw out her wedding dress the otherday omigod wasnt that fun for the whole family bahahaha

HSC
N/A
Leggy McLegs said:

I have
-a built in wardrobe (takes up one wall)
-Bedside table
-Desk
-Single bed (if I could fit in a double I'd get one, but I can't fit one in)
I was about to ask you where you kept your clothes :s

But since you don't seem to have any shelves in your room.... where do you keep all your "stuff" girl?!?!?!?! Makeup, accessories, books, sentimental objects?!?

Unless your built in wardrobe is really big...

xx__savannah

HSC
Leggy McLegs said:
Less than an hour? Pfft -- my room is exactly like those pics, and I've tried to clean it, giving half days to it, but it all just gets moved around and finds new spots because I have no where to put anything because my room is so small. And why would you put clothes in the laundry when you need them in your room so you can get dressed in them and know where they all are.

Personally, I'm a fan of the "let's clump similar items together in random spots" method of storage -- childhood memories are in boxes in one side of my built in wardrobe, clothes I don't need to hang up or don't wear too often are folded on top of them. Chest of drawers with older clothes and photos and stuff on other side. Desk with books on and under it, slidy plastic box with stuffed toys and other presents from over the years, and bedside table for jewellery and makeup and the like. And random spots on the floor for school bags and the like.

HSC
N/A
I think the whole "less than an hour" and "put it into the right spot" routine is only possible if you have designated spots for everything in the first place... ;)

Speaking as someone who until very recently was a hoarder, stuff tends to "accumulate" and one doesn't always have a place to put it. Hence as mentioned above, it just gets "relocated" elsewhere... *speculative look* lol.

In other news, I gave into temptation and moved the other shelf thingo (83cm wide, about 160cm high) into my room. It now has "sentimental items" on the top shelf (toys, hairflowers, fairywand and whatnot), and the rest of it is taken up my dance/costume stuff... it's pretty tightly packed (although neatly ;), however I don't expect to have to need stuff from there very often so it should be ok. My two other shelves are holding uni items, "regular" dance stuff (ie the ones I use regularly), one shelf for craft, and accessories/shoes/makeup/papers.

At this stage of the game, all my stuff is FINALLY out of cardboard boxes, and when mum cuts wood to make extra shelves for my shoes (adjustable shelves, best thing ever invented), everything "will have a place"!!!! *jaw drops* Nothing will be on the floor, unless it's a storage item such as a shelf or CD case.

^ Considering the fact I have NEVER been organised and I have basically always had stuff lying around on the floor, I am in shock :O

PS: From the photo, it doesn't look like Shell has a lot of storage space, and considering how expensive furniture can be (bedside tables alone can cost $100-$200 on average... unbelievable but true!), I am totally not on her back about her room (it's actually kind of cute, so much pink!).

PPS: Does anyone else dreamily sigh about the possibility of owning one of those cool walk-in wardrobe things... that is the size of a small bedroom? My dad's apartment has one of those... *drools* I could fit so much stuff in there if I had one of those!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)