• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Being shortsighted....how worse can it get?? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i think i need new lenses, probably will go to 3.5ish or 4 (currently on 2.5 and 2.25 in right and left eye, respectively)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I am short sighted by 4.00 and 3.75 Left and Right respectively.

I am thinking of getting laser done in the next couple of months or so
But you are only at 4? I have a friend who is at 5 and yeah my friend is considering laser surgery and i also have a young family relative who is just in her early early teens and is a -4 in both eyes..

Hmmm maybe you are not a young as i think you are. You may be in your 30s if that's the case then i guess your eyesight must have remained relatively stable and such.

fingerman

HSC
hey i two questions;
1) should i study at night with my contacts on?
2) should i use the lamp on my desk when studying at night? if so should it be directly shining on my work?

rozymisty

HSC
Most opthamologists (eye doc) wont let you get laser eye surgery until your eye sight has been stable for a few years, as there is no point in getting the correction and then finding out that your sight is going to get worse and you have wasted all that money etc.

jet

Banned
HSC
I don't know my actual prescription.

I have astigmatism in both eyes + a lazy right eye. It used to point inwards, though glasses moved it to the centre. Then my ophthalmologist made my glasses to strong so my eye over-corrected and now it points slightly outwards.

Fun.

louy

HSC
N/A
I am -3.75 and -4.00
I have been wearing contact lenses for years. Daily disposables at the moment. Hopefully not for much longer - Lasik surgery is the way forwards

bio_nut

HSC
My opthamologist spends half his time fixing up those operations that have gone wrong. A lot of people AREN'T suitable, don't believe the advertisements.

oddish

beating off outside your window every day of the w
HSC
N/A
my friend is shortsighted, she been wearing glasses for around 8 months because she became shortsighted near the end of school, anyways im concerned, well i just wanna know how worse can being shortsighted can get? like i would wave to her far distanced and she couldnt see me (without her glasses) lol. anyways i wondered how blurry can your eyes get for being shortsighted and what are the bad/good(if there's any lol) thing about it, hope its in the right subforum. thanks for the responses..
you could always have someone cut off your penis and throwit out of a moving car while someone else pours chilli powder on the sub of your penis and also being burned by hot coathangers around your throat and face while having omie jay trying to be funnny in the car

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I was 10 yrs of age when I first got my glasses. Both eyes were - 5.00. It kept on getting worse, currently my right eye is - 9.00 and left eye is - 10.00. Arrghhh it feels very bad without my glasses/contacts.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
I was 10 yrs of age when I first got my glasses. Both eyes were - 5.00. It kept on getting worse, currently my right eye is - 9.00 and left eye is - 10.00. Arrghhh it feels very bad without my glasses/contacts.
Do your parents wear glasses too?

Zeroes

HSC
My eyes are pretty bad, -3.00 in both.
I think my eyes might be worse than that though, because there's a lot I can't see, even with my glasses/contacts that I could see about a year ago with the same lenses.
Although my optometrist insists I don't need a stronger prescription. :|

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
got mine in year 11 and it was heaps expensive.
but im not that bad. i think one eye is 1.00 and the other went up from 0.50 to 75.. dont know exactly though

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
glasses..
had surgery on it when i was 5.. only coz im allergic to caviar and grew yucky lumps on both eyes :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)