Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
If you asked me, the people who are shitting themselves over writing just one text had memorised essays that they had to truncate to get a worse product. Ironically, they're the same ones accusing other people of memorising essays who did two texts or over.

Stop complaining, if you were relying on one out of three questions to earn all of your marks in English paper one then I feel sorry for you.

There are people that genuinely didn't read the question properly and went straight into writing original essays with two texts that would be disadvantaged if both texts weren't considered. Albeit the question said ONE text, it said neither ONLY nor AT LEAST so what is the problem?

Oh wait, I already covered that.

/complaining, this exam and the HSC

emilyjansen

HSC
The whole reason for scaling, for a number of modules, for the whole exam-centre situation, is to make sure that things are fair across the state. I think its f***ing annoying that they've allowed more than one, but I also think that the markers are smart enough to recognise that this will disadvantage those who followed the question and will mark accordingly.

I know that we'll never know, but I trust that they'll be fair. And when it comes down to it, the brightest students will inevitably get the best marks. A marker will know when they're holding a band six, because there are more elements to the rubric than adhering to the number of supplementary texts. I feel ripped off, and really pissed about it, but I also think that the system's been going for years and from what I can see, the smartest kids do get the best marks. This won't be the first time something like this has happened.

And anyway, its over. I'm sure that students who were adequately prepared will have written a good essay with just the one, and those who chose to write two anyway either missed the direction or weren't confident with writing on one text, and their essay will reflect that. It'll sort itself out.

Kikkoman

HSC
The whole reason for scaling, for a number of modules, for the whole exam-centre situation, is to make sure that things are fair across the state. I think its f***ing annoying that they've allowed more than one, but I also think that the markers are smart enough to recognise that this will disadvantage those who followed the question and will mark accordingly.

I know that we'll never know, but I trust that they'll be fair. And when it comes down to it, the brightest students will inevitably get the best marks. A marker will know when they're holding a band six, because there are more elements to the rubric than adhering to the number of supplementary texts. I feel ripped off, and really pissed about it, but I also think that the system's been going for years and from what I can see, the smartest kids do get the best marks. This won't be the first time something like this has happened.

And anyway, its over. I'm sure that students who were adequately prepared will have written a good essay with just the one, and those who chose to write two anyway either missed the direction or weren't confident with writing on one text, and their essay will reflect that. It'll sort itself out.
Well said. People who were adequately prepared would have written a good essay nonetheless. Those good students who wrote one related text would have been prepared to do so, and would have done well; those good students who still wrote two would still have quality in their answers. I think this is just freaking out those people who either didn't notice it (quite a few just seem to have skimmed over it) and those people who felt the need to hide their lack of quality behind more quantity. But that never works.

JustSam

HSC
yeah they did it to test whether everyone would have a cry or not once marking guidelines were published.

And its all semantics. i did write ONE, and i decided to write another ONE. so i wrote TWO, but i also wrote ONE and hence answered the question.
Are you actually retarded?

You wrote TWO. It said to write ONE. ONE does not equal TWO. They are different. Therefore you clearly did not answer the question.

Jesus Christ how ignorant are you?

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
Yeah i spoke to my tutor also who is marking the area of study essay.

They are marking the essay as if it said "at LEAST one related text" due to the fact that about 75% of people wrote on two texts as it is the first year of belonging so they are being lenient.

They will mark both texts if you wrote on two, but they are also taking into account the brevity of essays that wrote on one related text, and hence you will not be penalised for having a brief essay.

JessicaCaroline

HSC
I REALLY don't get why those who wrote about one text are raging. The lucky people who SAW the specification about the number of texts were able to write a much more in depth response than us and thus have nothing to worry about.

Whatever is going around about how us two-text writers won't get penalised, that hardly gives us good reason to worry less, because no matter what, people who wrote on just one text are bound to have a more thorough analysis.

And geez, I would have LOVED to have been able to write on just one supp, as my second one did not fit the question AT ALL and I was already really rushed for time.

As a two-text writer, I can't help but resent you all who saw the requirement of one text.. so inconceivably jealous. Pretty sure I'M the one who mucked up the whole paper, not you guys, so stress less!

jimmyegas

HSC
WHAT
THE
HELL

So the BOS has decided to reward ignorant idiots who can't read the question? I bet this is all because of the prissy top-20 schools having hissy fits for their idiot students who wrote 2 supps but will commit suicide if they get less than 95% the retards.
mate are you kidding?

joben

HSC
looks like all the james ruse teachers ganged up on the markers and forced em to reward the retards who cant read. great. FML.

stelio1200

HSC
What I find hilarious is all these people with their subjects, ranks and ATAR aims of 95 plus raging on our pissed they are about this decision. Your most likely not going to get anywere near that by the looks of things because you fall so easily into the traps of manipulation.

WHERE HAS IT BEEN FORMERLY SAID THERE GOING TO MARK LIKE THIS!

IT IS BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE THAT THEY MARK IT AS 'AT LEAST ONE'

Come on people the HSC is big, if they were to mark it as 'at least one' there would be so many problems surrounding the issue of questions. Imagine the legal action taken out on the BOS.

Personally I believe everyone should calm the fuck down, these discussions are fueled by people who wrote two related texts trying to get others to agree with them in order for them to feel better that they fucked up.

It's pretty clear how they are going to mark it, think, in paper two, if you slapped an essay down that didn't repond to the question you would immediately be placed in the C range area for not responding to the question. However, in this case, if you did respond to the question but included two texts, that would most likely disregard one of them and mark it like that. They CANNOT mark it as at least one because that would immediately put the students who answered the question correctly in the wrong.

Say what you will, just wait till the results and marking guidelines come out. People who wrote two related texts did fuck up. However, it doesn't mean anything due to the marks allocated only making up a small percent of the entire exam.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL - someone's drinking from the let's-trust-BoS-not-to-fuck-up kool aid today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)