Belonging - Related Text Suggestion? (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
im so surpised no-one are really doing anything another than movies, songs or poems.

I've opted for Romeo and Juliet. The play that is :D Hello awesome assesment mark.

jiratic

HSC
hello a thousand people plagiarising you!
j/k, Romeo and Juliet is a great text to do, underrated somewhat imo.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've opted for Romeo and Juliet. The play that is :D Hello awesome assesment mark.
It's a great related text, however, don't get too complacent - if you fuck it up, you'll do just as badly. :p

jasmeet kaur

HSC
Aren't those three texts already?
yes they are except im not allowed to do two of the same type of text, and the other text i need has to be published in the past 12 months.. so far i have chosen a film and a artwork, if nyway could suggest a text that is either a poem or song that came out in the last 12 months, ur help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

jasmeet kaur

HSC
heyy i was wondering how would mean girls show belonging ?
if i were u, i would try and steer away from the chick flicks, its what we've been told. try something else, like :
  • Happy Feet
  • Good Will Hunting
  • My Big Fat Greek Wedding
  • Lost in Translation
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • Into the Wild
  • Clueless
  • The Truman Show
  • The Castle
  • Rabbit-Proof Fence
hope that helps!

cassie-dennis

HSC
ive seen people say that breakaway is a bad choice, why is this? my teacher seemed happy with it

im also doing the boy in the striped pyjamas by john boyne
and a picture book called home and away by john marsden and matt ottley

DMOS

HSC
would the devil wears Prada be a good text?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ive seen people say that breakaway is a bad choice, why is this? my teacher seemed happy with it
I'm assuming you're talking about the Kelly Clarkson song? Songs in general are a bad choice, unless you can analyse both the musical compositional aspect of the song, as well as the lyrical components. Most kids only analyse the lyrics, which results in them losing half the 'meaning' of the text. It's like doing the poem, and only reading every second line - you lose half the song. That's why songs are generally not recommended, unless you come from a musical background.

'Of mice and Men' by John Steinbeck FTW.
Agreed.

would the devil wears Prada be a good text?
Yes, if you do it well, it will be a fantastic text.

maay

HSC
heyys would anyone know any good related texts which also has a lot of information on net to - STRICTLY BALLROOM???

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Perhaps look at this - maybe there'll be a few ideas that you find connect with Strictly Ballroom? :)

[I haven't read Strictly Ballroom, so I have no idea what it's about].

currysquared

HSC
Hey, does anyone know if any of the books of the chronicles of ancient darkness series by michelle paver would be good for a related text? I was thinking of using the first book in the series because the other ones would be kinda hard to explain properly cos you need knowledge of the previous books to understand it. I'm also thinking of doing edward scissorhands or is that overdone?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Edward Scissorhands is becoming more and more famous. However, if you think you can pull it off well, there is no reason why you shouldn't be getting in the A range.

maay

HSC
heyys
would you think that strictly ballroom ( which is a film) an is my prescribed text plus
- Mending wall by robert frost ( which is a poem) and;

- the play 'the club' by david williamson ( which is a play)

would be good related texts.

or should i choose an image?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, I think those two texts would be good relateds. [The Club and Mending Wall]. I think a visual would be 'too easy' unless it's sophisticated, and there's a lot to write about it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
For my texts in the AOS I will using:

The Namesake - Novel
Glee - Television Programme
Tales from Outer Suburbia: Distant Rain - Picture Book

Feel free to use any of them of course :)... if you are, don't hesitate to contact me for help or questions about the ORTs.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned that until now.
I'm not however doing the whole series... I'm doing one episode from Season 1 :) and it's not the typical kind of thing where the characters or the producer is explicitly trying to show belonging as a theme in that episode :D

jamieson1

HSC
yeah i think that'd be a good text i'm doing across the universe, skrzynecki poetry and i need one more any ideas for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)