• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Belonging Related Text (1 Viewer)

Baremy

HSC
I've decided to choose Camp Rock as one of my related texts does anyone think this is a good idea or not? suggestions on other related texts to choose from?

thankyou

kyokaku92

HSC
I don't know much about Camp Rock but there are disney films such as Toy Story/2, Finding Nemo, A Bugs Life etc. that are obvious adaptations of belonging.

You could always try Mean Girls, Lord of the Flies, Holes, Harry Potter (Philosopher's stone only), Robinson Crusoe etc.etc :pirate:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Wouldn't really recommend it, because it is hard to use to show deep analysis of belonging.

Baremy

HSC
harshhh :) bahaha what are your guys opinions? need all the ideas mustered into a clump ? 10 units i wish to destroy advancedenglish

Baremy

HSC
havnt seen anything interesitng much in the newspaper actually? lmao

p.s i have that sig as my dp for msn LOL

HSC
havnt seen anything interesitng much in the newspaper actually? lmao

p.s i have that sig as my dp for msn LOL
haha yeh the sig is funny eh

but what i used was the obama's speech which shows belonging throughout race + i also used another article which talks about the gamers addiction to games and how they find their sense of belonging.

Baremy

HSC
did you end up scoring well? are you realling from america?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I don't know much about Camp Rock but there are disney films such as Toy Story/2, Finding Nemo, A Bugs Life etc. that are obvious adaptations of belonging.

You could always try Mean Girls, Lord of the Flies, Holes, Harry Potter (Philosopher's stone only), Robinson Crusoe etc.etc :pirate:
Only the Philosopher's Stone? I know you're talking about the films but in terms of the books I think Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows would be far better. There is so much more to talk about and the ideas become far more sophisticated than they were in the first part of the series.

TABATHA

HSC
Camp rock is a good movie to do... i just finished doing it and found alot about belonging in the movie.... so do that movie

Baremy

HSC
IM DOING A SONG aswell

She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5

good idea? i believed its jam fulled of belonging references

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, doing a song is not a good idea.

TABATHA

HSC
I asked my teacher about doing a song... and she said that you can just analyse the lyrics as long as you do it well. so you don't have to do the music.
;)

Baremy

HSC
imo that's a shit song for belonging. Good song though.
any preferences that would be good? i do believe that oldies are more on analysing .... Michael Jackson - Human Nature repetition of thelyrcis balhblahblahblahb yadyadya

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
any preferences that would be good? i do believe that oldies are more on analysing .... Michael Jackson - Human Nature repetition of thelyrcis balhblahblahblahb yadyadya
What's the point in asking for advice if you're not going to listen to other's people advice.

Yeah, unless you're a music student and you can analyse the instrumental/musical bit of the song (not just the lyrics) very, very well.
Anna's post should be taken as gospel truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)