• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

benifactors (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
snapperhead said:
maybe we can stay on topic and stop spamming this thread....

just a thought
Quick Laz is looking! Act like more of a tight arse to keep your little bolded name!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
glycerine said:
:D

Amen to that brotha.
Damnit, I was just about to delete that, cause I just learnt that snapperhead's a teacher, not a benefactor.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ahahaha but it applies to all the benefactors/mods on so many levels!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Without Wings said:
how about we just stick to the topic at hand, and stop making stupid comments that some members may find insultive
sorry, i just wanted to quote this

insultive?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sunny

meh.
HSC
I wonder if this is the normal amount of respect these high school kids show to their teachers in real life?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
sunny said:
I wonder if this is the normal amount of respect these high school kids show to their teachers in real life?
In this society that's not exactly an unreasonable level of respect. Although, Jumb's a champ and was just referring to the teacher trying to spoil our fun... like always.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I show respect to the teachers who have earnt my respect, ie by being good teachers or good human beings. The ones who have treated me with disrespect, ie by being condescending, rude or pretentious (much like many of the mods/benefactors etc on here!) can go jump.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
MedNez said:
Please refrain from degrading benefactors in this thread. They have been chosen as a group that moderators can eventually be chosen from, and we expect that you give them the same respect you would give to a moderator (ironically for some that might not be very much), and if you have a problem with a benefactor / the way the benefactor system works, please private message a super moderator.
do we also have to treat potential benifactors with the same respect we give to benifactors? or would that mean that everyone is treated like a moderator? no more insultive comments to anyone. and i'll be sure to message a super mod everytime i disagree with something. not only will it discourage public debate of the issue, but it will annoy the super mod that he is receiving and answering the same message from many many users

genius!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Katie123 said:
i havent read this thread properly but can you nominate people for it
No, they apply.
[thread=45484]
[/thread]

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
MedNez said:
Please refrain from degrading benefactors in this thread. They have been chosen as a group that moderators can eventually be chosen from, and we expect that you give them the same respect you would give to a moderator (ironically for some that might not be very much), and if you have a problem with a benefactor / the way the benefactor system works, please private message a super moderator.
Most of the people doing this don't know the meaning of respect....I don't expect to get any special respect 4 being a benefactor...however I don't think being a benefactor warrants disrespect. Just give the benefactors the respect you would like them to show to you

comeasyouare

HSC
N/A
MedNez said:
1. If the benefactors are a group of potential moderators, then how come a good chunk of them have actually been denied to be moderators?
2. If respect is to be shown, then more appropriate candidates should be chosen.
3. I have messaged a super moderator, several weeks ago. They didn't even open the PM.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
comeasyouare said:
1. If the benefactors are a group of potential moderators, then how come a good chunk of them have actually been denied to be moderators?
2. If respect is to be shown, then more appropriate candidates should be chosen.
3. I have messaged a super moderator, several weeks ago. They didn't even open the PM.
Benefactors are
Members of this usergroup have demonstrated a genuine and altruistic desire to assist others. They have shown themselves to be outstanding members of the Bored community.
Super moderators are busy and they do alot to make sure the site runs smoothly. What was your query regarding comeasyouare?

sunny

meh.
HSC
comeasyouare said:
Potential is the keyword. Even if they have been "denied" as moderators, it does not mean they're contribution cannot be recognised through being a benefactor. When moderator applications are processed, in 9 out of 10 cases they are "denied" not because they are not suitable candidates, but rather the forum they applied for has no need for moderation or adequate moderation was already in that forum.

comeasyouare said:
Benefactors are open to review just as moderators are, you can take the same avenue in reporting them to the moderators/smods/admins for review. You can always lead by example and apply yourself if you feel you would make a more appropriate candidate.

comeasyouare said:
People are busy. There are 2 super mods, and 57000 odd members.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
sunny said:
People are busy. There are 2 super mods, and 57000 odd members.
I guess counting isnt a necessary skill for mods? There are 4 VERY active Supermods and 12,578 members in total, of whom, I'd guess there are 10% active.

The supermods are NOT too busy to open one pm.

comeasyouare

HSC
N/A
only just over 1170 members are active, ie have posted since the start of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)