• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

benifactors (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny

meh.
HSC
comeasyouare said:
only just over 1170 members are active, ie have posted since the start of this year.
comeasyouare said:
The supermods are NOT too busy to open one pm.
Perhaps you would like to dictate how busy they smods are allowed to get with their life this week? Maybe they should stop their uni assignments to answer your PMs.

Even if they are no busy, there is no obligation for them to reply at all if they feel that the PM (read or unread) does not warrant their time for a reply.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
If you have a problem with a certain benefactor either talk to them about it or talk to the mods, don't go around "dissing" benefactors. Give them the respect that you would like them to show you.

Perhaps you should consider what life on BOS would be like without mods, some of you think it would be great but unless you have experienced it before you have no idea how caotic it can be.

Those who think they could do a better job - apply! I think the mods do a great job and yes the supermods are busy...if half the people on here sent them a PM in a week imagine how many they have to reply to as well as dealing with all the stupid posts on here!

Last edited:

comeasyouare

HSC
N/A
melsc said:
If you have a problem with a certain benefactor either talk to them about it or talk to the mods, don't go around "dissing" benefactors.
How can I talk to the mods about them if they don't read my pm's?

sunny

meh.
HSC
comeasyouare said:
How can I talk to the mods about them if they don't read my pm's?
There is more than one mod that you can contact.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well maybe they dont think you have a valid point, maybe they just see sour grapes? Maybe PM another mod or PM the benefactor in question

I am sick of all these "i am gonna rebel against the BOS mods and authority" its getting old fast

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
sunny said:

Even if I can't count, I can still read ok.
Well that's wrong. Here's an experiment everyone can do:

Go to members list and order the list in terms of rep. Look at that, 4 supermods. Now hold the mouse over one of the page numbers in the page selections (don't click) and it will say something similar to "view 101-200 of 12,578"

J

jhakka

Perhaps those are the users who have posted in the last two (or whatever) years. Or maybe those that have actually posted rather than those who have signed up and buggered (after using SAM or whatever).

The site stats section at the bottom of the page says 57000+.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Haha who cares... Active vs. registered, does it really matter?

Back on topic... Why was this particular user group created? Aren't we all meant to be helpful in our own unique way? (just ignore the question if it has already been addressed.)

comeasyouare

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Haha who cares... Active vs. registered, does it really matter?

Back on topic... Why was this particular user group created? Aren't we all meant to be helpful in our own unique way? (just ignore the question if it has already been addressed.)
It's supposedly so that they can be monitored more closely as potential moderators, be able to report stuff in their own forum, and be recognised for their efforts. I personally think the latter reason is rather pretensious, but that's what the group description would indicate is the primary reason.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
Well that's wrong. Here's an experiment everyone can do:

Go to members list and order the list in terms of rep. Look at that, 4 supermods. Now hold the mouse over one of the page numbers in the page selections (don't click) and it will say something similar to "view 101-200 of 12,578"
they are the admins (ie the guys who own the board) not the supermods (the admins main representatives).....

and has been stated, the member list (ie those who have registered) is over 57000

click here for the forum leaders list
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showgroups.php?
......two supermods

sunny

meh.
HSC
jumb said:
Go to members list and order the list in terms of rep. Look at that, 4 supermods.
Perhaps I still can't count, but can you name them for me? I can still only see two super mods.

jumb said:
Now hold the mouse over one of the page numbers in the page selections (don't click) and it will say something similar to "view 101-200 of 12,578"
According to Lazarus, the front page counter reports the number of records in the user table (ie, number of members in the database). VBulletin is reporting the wrong figure. He's looking into why VBulletin is giving this figure.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
melsc said:
I thought there were only two supermods...if you go to board leaders there is only two and I only see two people with bolded red names
thats minai and anti-they chose u 2 be benefactor melsc u should know who they r!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
sunny said:
Perhaps I still can't count, but can you name them for me? I can still only see two super mods.
Yeah, I just learnt that 2 of them are admins which accounts for the black names. My bad.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
melsc said:
I know who they are...I am just to lazy to type it lol...my fingers are cripled from italian and legal exams 2 dai
Members of this usergroup have demonstrated a genuine and altruistic desire to assist others. They have shown themselves to be outstanding members of the Bored community.
That post was so helpful and altruistic. I feel so assisted. You're outstanding.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well you see I don't waste my efforts on people like you who don't appreciate them. People who undermine the benefactors and don't show them the respect that everyone on here deserves don't deserve the help of benefactors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)