best small first car to get? (1 Viewer)

Jake22

HSC
theres a certain level of power the car can hit, provided you dont hit the red liner, if you hit the red-liner all the time, you have shorter life span on the engine, but for instance my car is designed to achieve maximum output at about 6500 rpm to deliver 241kw of power, if i say rev to 4000rpm it wont lower the life span of my car, it can take it no problem...
that was the lamest thing ive read in this whole thread.
You just took a paragraph to say that if you dont rev the shit out of your car, it will last longer.

Genius.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
that was the lamest thing ive read in this whole thread.
You just took a paragraph to say that if you dont rev the shit out of your car, it will last longer.

Genius.

well if what i said was lame, why did you even bother to reply to a lame post?

in any case, its not what i meant, certain cars are able to kick in high revs, im not saying thrashing your car will make it live longer, wtf you talking about, it would shorten the life span of the engine obviously.

dude 4000rpm is nothing on my car, its practically normal, i don't thrash it like how you intend, how is that revving the shit of my car?

unless its a weak piece of shit, going 4000 would probably make the car feel a little uncomfortable roaring like the engines going to blow off...

i think i know what im saying, you should re-read my lame post properly next time...

ingenious and incompetent fool, your lame for reading a so called lame post and the fact i was able to justify my lame post makes you stand out to be the lame one in this whole thread.

pfft what a noob...you disappoint me...

Last edited:

Jake22

HSC
well if what i said was lame, why did you even bother to reply to a lame post?

in any case, its not what i meant, certain cars are able to kick in high revs, im not saying thrashing your car will make it live longer, wtf you talking about, it would shorten the life span of the engine obviously.

dude 4000rpm is nothing on my car, its practically normal, i don't thrash it like how you intend, how is that revving the shit of my car?

unless its a weak piece of shit, going 4000 would probably make the car feel a little uncomfortable roaring like the engines going to blow off...

i think i know what im saying, you should re-read my lame post properly next time...

ingenious and incompetent fool, your lame for reading a so called lame post and the fact i was able to justify my lame post makes you stand out to be the lame one in this whole thread.

pfft what a noob...you disappoint me...
Firstly, you obviously didnt comprehend what I was saying... I was not being sarcastic.

Secondly, if it was so lame of me to reply to your lame post, then why did you reply to my lame reply?

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Firstly, you obviously didnt comprehend what I was saying... I was not being sarcastic.

Secondly, if it was so lame of me to reply to your lame post, then why did you reply to my lame reply?

hmmm, i think i sense a high level of sarcasm from what you have typed.

firstly this is just ridiculous, sorry, but i have better things to do then arguing with you about who has the lame posts and why one of us respond to a lame post making it a lamer post etc... there is no end to it, its simply infinite for this reason, there is no point of you making an attempt in justifying such invalid reasons for this matter.

you see this is what you are doing :shouting:

and this is what i want you to do :sleep:

its so simple!!!

:D

Jake22

HSC
hmmm, i think i sense a high level of sarcasm from what you have typed.

firstly this is just ridiculous, sorry, but i have better things to do then arguing with you about who has the lame posts and why one of us respond to a lame post making it a lamer post etc... there is no end to it, its simply infinite for this reason, there is no point of you making an attempt in justifying such invalid reasons for this matter.

you see this is what you are doing :shouting:

and this is what i want you to do :sleep:

its so simple!!!

:D

but i wasn't being sarcastic....

:( nobody understands me

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Dude, one thing that confuses me:

skyline said:
...a high torque engine will have faster response to the accelerator pedal from a lower RPM...
Azamakumar said:
...Also a car with more torque than another won't necessarily respond faster to you putting your foot down, it just means it'll accelerate faster.
skyline said:
...are you kidding me, fuck i should know, i sworn i already knew that...
This indicates a bulshit artist.

No offence, but clear this up for me?

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
lol i haz i big camry with a supratubro charger and can do awsum reverse burnouts but thats it becuz its a big camry.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Well guys guess what? My HDD does 7200 RPM no problem at all. How do you like them apples?

F2001

HSC
Turbo or supercharged engines, aside from problems that occur with the induction system itself, blow head gaskets far more frequently than a comparable naturally aspirated engine.

The most reliable cars are generally the simplest. And simplicity generally means basic and in a low state of tuning. Old camry's went forever because they were simple. Larger engines last longer, but only if they're kept simple and are well manufactured.

please tell that to us.

Yea I've seen this on 7m-gte and some other japs. But being in the VAG turbo environment, this is a big LOL to me.

I don't see 2.2Ts, 2.7tts, 2.7ts, 2.0tfsi, 4.2tt, 5.0tts blowing HGs....

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yes, I'm sure you have long term experience as an owner of all those engines.

I've never needed to replace the cooling pipes on my cars engine, but the car guide I read, based on thousands of reports says this is a potential problem for the engine, so I believe it. They were right about the CV joints.

You may get a good run out of a car with one of those engines. The point is, with any turbo you are more likely to encounter problems than you would with the same engine if it was naturally aspirated. Plenty of people get good runs out of turbos. As a population however, they have more than their share of problems.

I would never buy a turbo car as a daily driver. It's unnecessary, and more trouble than it's worth.

F2001

HSC
Yes, I'm sure you have long term experience as an owner of all those engines.

I've never needed to replace the cooling pipes on my cars engine, but the car guide I read, based on thousands of reports says this is a potential problem for the engine, so I believe it. They were right about the CV joints.

You may get a good run out of a car with one of those engines. The point is, with any turbo you are more likely to encounter problems than you would with the same engine if it was naturally aspirated. Plenty of people get good runs out of turbos. As a population however, they have more than their share of problems.

I would never buy a turbo car as a daily driver. It's unnecessary, and more trouble than it's worth.
That's a given.
That's almost like saying, if I have a global company employing 1000s of people more problems could arise than being self employed...

Easy to expand on.
There are not many N/A engines out there that are easy+cheap to get results.

The rewards outweigh the cons, but I understand the way it's delivered is also of personal preference.

I don't have experience, but I don't hear any ridiculous feedback from owners of those engines/vehicles blowing head gaskets. I haven't read much on 1jz and 2jz, but I don't see those blowing them either. As I said 7m-gte is well known for it. Please... how old is that engine. It's almost 20 years since that. Due to the broadness of 1.8T owners, I've seen it there, but the engine itself is not notorious (unlike the previously mentioned jap one) for it. I've seen it replaced once on an S2. A car which is 15 years old.
I don't give a stuff what car guide you read (link it btw).

cooling pipes? Wtf. I assume you mean those skyline dudes with silicone couplers blowing their intake charge cooler pipes? Or are you talking Rad hoses?

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, turbo's are excellent value for money performance. Even say you do blow a head gasket in the engine life, you're still doing well for what you get. Just not something I'd personally do for my daily driver.

GA16's (the one I have), SR20's apparently the cooling pipes often rust out and start to leak, and the parts involved are ridiculously expensive, costly and complex to replace, some of the pipes involved are almost impossible to find spares.

I like, and trust, the "dog and lemon guide", but some people don't like it.

xprshn

bum...
HSC
N/A
i understand that it's been done, but that was over a year ago, so what are everyone's opinions on a good, most probably second hand, safe, automatic [i want manual but i can't drive it and i don't have enough time to learn =[[.], small, hatchback?

i'm personally in love with the toyota yaris, but i wanted to hear people's thoughts, who maybe even have a yaris/other small car?

thanks heaps =]].
hmm how about an ek1? ...i'll sell you mines.

08er

HSC
man i hate how turbos are restricted for p platers, why would they do such a thing :)

boris

Banned
HSC
not for diesels. i can drive my old mans 200kw 450nm turbo v8 cruiser ute but not a diahatsu charade with 3 cyliders and a turbo lol and like 42kw.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
These are not the best cars but with little to spend and the fact that I am likely to scratch it I don't want to buy a brand new car. I basically want a car that will get me to and from the train station in the morning, and probably around the local area on the weekend. Budget is ~ $8,000.

I have come across a few cars online-

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Holden Barina
Daihatsu Sirion

I also like the Toyota Yaris and Echo, but can't afford them at the moment :(

Which car would be most suitable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)