Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
surely you would have an insight after attending both assessment centres.

Huy

HSC
N/A
DexJnr said:
Wuhoo got an offer from EY last night! my #1 preference out of the Big 4.
Stoked..

Thanks for your help Huy :) Appreciate it mate
Congrats DexJnr! :D

Tabris

HSC
I jsut called from PWC, they sent me 2 emails about the online test but yet to confirm the interview/assessment time.

Does anyone know when they will confirm assessment time? or give me a rundown of the entire process?

billbro

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
I jsut called from PWC, they sent me 2 emails about the online test but yet to confirm the interview/assessment time.

Does anyone know when they will confirm assessment time? or give me a rundown of the entire process?
It's random actually or so it appears, my friend got a call before he even completed the tests. I got a call a few days after I completed my online test, basically if you get the tests you are bound to get a call in the next few days.

Tabris

HSC
I just finished the test,

The comprehension was ok and years of reading law provded some clarity...

As for maths, i havent done any since 2nd year micro and i didnt finish half a dozen q's!!

Also, i received another email confirming a conquest and group work stuff from 9-3 on thurs

iamabanana

HSC
Pwc's process is very random. A couple of my friends got a call and a mini phone interview then was told to check their emails to do their online test. I got an sms to inform me of it. Then recieved a call the next day also telling me about the test. I was expecting to be asked a few questions but there was none.
About 3 days after doing the test I got a call asking me why I wanted that service line then was told I was through to the assessment centre.
Anybody else here from melbourne going to do the assessment 2moro?

deakin2009

HSC
sunjet said:
surely you would have an insight after attending both assessment centres.
Yes i have an insight but still no idea who to pick...this is what i have learnt

KPMG
bigger clients
longer hours
less pay
seem nicer (strangely)
less time there 7 weeks as oppose to 8 as deloitte
cool binder
better CA Support

also rumours of good deals on phones/clothes etc. anyone experienced this at KPMG and expand a little more?

Deloitte
reputation of being nicer
better pay
Moving into new offices (MELB)
mates there

Also is the likeliness of me being given a grad position equally likely at both firms?

HELP?! can anyone add anything...would be greatly appreciated

HSC
deakin2009 said:
Yes i have an insight but still no idea who to pick...this is what i have learnt

KPMG
bigger clients
longer hours
less pay
seem nicer (strangely)
less time there 7 weeks as oppose to 8 as deloitte
cool binder
better CA Support

also rumours of good deals on phones/clothes etc. anyone experienced this at KPMG and expand a little more?

Deloitte
reputation of being nicer
better pay
Moving into new offices (MELB)
mates there

Also is the likeliness of me being given a grad position equally likely at both firms?

HELP?! can anyone add anything...would be greatly appreciated
isn't the ca support the same in all the big 4?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah I reckon CA support is the same everywhere (Big 4).

I don't know about the 'longer hours' bit. I guess it depends on the client and division.

What's this about less pay? How much is Deloitte paying? c.f. KPMG.

And I think all Big 4 recruit and hire from interns at the same proportion. Pretty good chance of getting a grad position I reckon. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Huy said:
Yeah I reckon CA support is the same everywhere (Big 4).

I don't know about the 'longer hours' bit. I guess it depends on the client and division.

What's this about less pay? How much is Deloitte paying? c.f. KPMG.

And I think all Big 4 recruit and hire from interns at the same proportion. Pretty good chance of getting a grad position I reckon. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
Congrats to all successful applicants :)

Huy - chances are good, unless you really screw up and don't show enthusiasm to learn during your intership, you'll be offered to come back as a grad.

Anyone get offered EY Assurance? Might get to work with one or two of you next year

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
In companies of thousands of people judging a firm's 'niceness' based on a handful of people you met is pretty short-sighted.

Unfortunately however I don't think there's any way to determine what company is right for you from an outsider's perspective as the most important things like

A) How that particular company will expect you to perform your work (e.g. methods, IT systems, 'work infrastructure' [massive differences here btw])
B) Training (availability and frequency)
C) Internal assessment

...are practically hidden from you until you've started.

deakin2009

HSC
Vagabond said:
In companies of thousands of people judging a firm's 'niceness' based on a handful of people you met is pretty short-sighted.

Unfortunately however I don't think there's any way to determine what company is right for you from an outsider's perspective as the most important things like

A) How that particular company will expect you to perform your work (e.g. methods, IT systems, 'work infrastructure' [massive differences here btw])
B) Training (availability and frequency)
C) Internal assessment

...are practically hidden from you until you've started.
exactly...so more or less i am better off flipping a coin.

HSC
deakin2009 said:
exactly...so more or less i am better off flipping a coin.
i'd prob go kpmg if i was deciding between kpmg and deloitte for an aust position.

deakin2009

HSC
ahh k...what does everyone else think?

what is your view based on? just interested in your logic.....

BeeCom

HSC
Suvat said:
Guess that makes my choice easy if I get both Deloitte and EY. EY are also easier for me to travel to. Both EY and Deloitte have awesome people, so I couldn't really decide which way to go if by chance I get EY as well.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Do note that these rankings measure the overall strength and reputation of the firm's entire tax practice. Naturally, each firm will be stronger in some areas than others. For example, EY is particularly strong in the media sector while PwC is a powerhouse in financial services.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Suvat makes a good point

In audit anyway, PwC are practically undisputed for financial services. My impression is that EY is pretty strong with resources etc. Imo Deloitte resembles a mid-tier firm more closely than a big4 firm in Australia (with higher starting salaries for lower grades to match). Don't know much about KPMG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)