Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

deakin2009

HSC
argh! damn i was so close to signing the KPMG contract today and now i have doubts again (i have offers from both them and KPMG)

all the same glad you mentioned it cos i havent had any office tours

ps deloitte are moving into new offices mid next year aswell

Huy

HSC
N/A
Sometimes being rejected makes things much clearer. :)

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
Bah! Still no response from KPMG Melbourne, so am guessing that I've missed out. Still gotta here back from EY, but also bombed out on the numerical test and am looking shaky at going through.
Got Grant Thornton Tuesday who seem a good outift, plus BDO Kendals as well.

Definately agree with Huy that being rejected makes things clearer. I can recall every mistake I made in the interviews so far, and have improved with every interview. Still no offers yet, but am getting closer!

billbro

HSC
N/A
I'll probably sign on with KPMG, PwC called today and told me I was in the loop but they were close to their final numbers. Basically, they said if I didn't mind they would let me know next week because they are still running assessment centres but there are only a few spots left.

So... in short, as I suspected I didn't quite impress at PwC - seems like I've been shortlisted dependant on how others perform on Monday. I think she said a dozen or half a dozen people with about 3 spots open. Not good enough for a direct offer, not bad enough to get rejected yet xD

Alright, now I'm slightly worried... a friend told me they are having interviews again and I don't know if I simply misheard or misinterpreted the phone call and whether or not I am meant to go in again.

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Call them to check.

Huy

HSC
N/A
On Monday first thing. :)

I doubt that you misheard... it's pretty unlikely that they wanted to interview you again and you forgot to write down the details. The least they could do is confirm the details via email to you and it wouldn't be the next business day, even if true.

They'd need to book it in and ask you about suitable times/days. There's still time.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Whats the number you'd call?

Might chase them up on that online assessment.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Huy said:
On Monday first thing. :)

I doubt that you misheard... it's pretty unlikely that they wanted to interview you again and you forgot to write down the details. The least they could do is confirm the details via email to you and it wouldn't be the next business day, even if true.

They'd need to book it in and ask you about suitable times/days. There's still time.
I left a message on her recorder, hope I don't sound too stupid. I'll make a call Monday morning, but I don't think I'll be bothered to go if there really is another interview. It would give me a chance to make a better impression, but I'm happy with KPMG and would rather play with the iPhone I just picked up.

sf_diegoxrock said:
Whats the number you'd call?

Might chase them up on that online assessment.
It's an employee phone number, so I don't think I should be disclosing it. You should try calling through HR.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
So PwC is just online test, Conquest, offer?

if so, Macquarie Bank really knows how to string along applicants.

Huy

HSC
N/A
sf_diegoxrock said:
So PwC is just online test, Conquest, offer?
I believe PwC also strings along their applicants.
Online application
Online testing/personality questionnaires
PwC Insight
First round interview
Conquest assessment centre and final interview
taken from their website.

I was at the PwC presentation at USYD a few weeks back and I think there is also phone screening involved. I think there is at least half a dozen steps which seemed like too many to me.

iamabanana

HSC
Website just lists all the possible stages. Its different depending where you are though. In melbourne it was just online test then conquest then offer. You might get asked a couple of questions of why do u want to work for pwc etc when they call and inform you of the next stage.

hoppi10

HSC
billbro said:
I'll probably sign on with KPMG, PwC called today and told me I was in the loop but they were close to their final numbers. Basically, they said if I didn't mind they would let me know next week because they are still running assessment centres but there are only a few spots left.

So... in short, as I suspected I didn't quite impress at PwC - seems like I've been shortlisted dependant on how others perform on Monday. I think she said a dozen or half a dozen people with about 3 spots open. Not good enough for a direct offer, not bad enough to get rejected yet xD

Alright, now I'm slightly worried... a friend told me they are having interviews again and I don't know if I simply misheard or misinterpreted the phone call and whether or not I am meant to go in again.
wait... so why did pwc call you... just to say that you havent been rejected or accepted... yet..

cos i haven't received a call nor a letter or anything from them yet.. does that mean im in the same position as you or not

Huy

HSC
N/A
You're not in the same position because billbro had his online testing/Conquest assessment centre, initial interview, etc...

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
Hey dudes,

this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know roughly much grads get paid in assurance/audit?

say for each of the big4 firms?

billbro

HSC
N/A
hoppi10 said:
wait... so why did pwc call you... just to say that you havent been rejected or accepted... yet..

cos i haven't received a call nor a letter or anything from them yet.. does that mean im in the same position as you or not
Means I'm short listed basically, my friend didn't get a call back either though. They were meant to call back within the week but by the looks of it, this doesn't apply to everyone.

hoppi10

HSC
ok well that sucks
and by the way i did do the online test / assessment centre / interview

someone told me if u dont get a call back within a few days it may be a good thing because they havent yet rejected you... either way its probably not a good thing in the end

billbro

HSC
N/A
hoppi10 said:
ok well that sucks
and by the way i did do the online test / assessment centre / interview

someone told me if u dont get a call back within a few days it may be a good thing because they havent yet rejected you... either way its probably not a good thing in the end
You never know, it might be a good thing. I'm in BA, while my friend is in FA and that may account for the discrepancy in call backs - though one of my friends who did FA on Thursday actually got a call back and he was the one that confused me.

hoppi10

HSC
billbro said:
You never know, it might be a good thing. I'm in BA, while my friend is in FA and that may account for the discrepancy in call backs - though one of my friends who did FA on Thursday actually got a call back and he was the one that confused me.
ahh ok dude
im in FS like your friend but no call back
anyway its all just the waiting game hopefully everything turns out ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)