Big W group interview (1 Viewer)

one-love

HSC
Yep, it's getting so busy...
& I'm stopping with the saying 'sorry' for everything. LOL.

I just hate it when they come with items that don't have barcodes on them... and they just expect that I have the barcode, they get so cranky at me when we have to wait for someone to come.

P

pLuvia

one-love said:

I just hate it when they come with items that don't have barcodes on them... and they just expect that I have the barcode, they get so cranky at me when we have to wait for someone to come.
lol my supervisor just gives me some random one when he can't be bothered to look it up :p

or sometimes when I can't be bothered to get them because it's too busy I just price override some other item that is similar to it, beats waiting for the code

johony

HSC
one-love said:

I get that a lot too, but the biggest problem i have is the hoardes of customers that need to served, usually there are only two staff members around (including myself), and it gets extremely stressful at times.

I would much rather be doing recovery and not deal with anyone, rather than doing everything down in Home Entertainment.

"Chubby"

HSC
hey johony!

how are u finding neeta city?!?! besides the busy-ness of it all :p

likeing it? how are the staff treating u?

jannny

HSC
hey guys just out of curiousity. How much tax is deducted from hourly salary? e.g. 12.82 for 18 yo

hero.

HSC
N/A
For those who've been to a group assessment and have now or had a position, how did you promote your product?

Do you have to be over the top or would be the same thing if a customer asked you about the product?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
jannny said:
hey guys just out of curiousity. How much tax is deducted from hourly salary? e.g. 12.82 for 18 yo
depends, it should be none if you're claiming the tax-free threshold (ie you're earning under 6,000 a year). if you earn more than that you get tax deducted according to the income bracket you fall under, but that first 6000 dollars is always tax free... someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that's how it works.

edit: make sure you provide your tax file number to your employer or you'll get taxed like 40% of what you earn, at least that's what i was always told.

jannny

HSC
ah ok, so how big is tax if i earn say 6000 - 20000 p.a.

I heard tax is like 3 dollars per hour deducted from ur hourly salary ..

damn is it that big??? fuck me dead

one-love

HSC
i usually get taxed $7 a week.
i don't know how that works though. :-S

johony

HSC
Chubby said:
hey johony!

how are u finding neeta city?!?! besides the busy-ness of it all :p

likeing it? how are the staff treating u?
It was pretty difficult the first week, not knowing anything and not knowing most of the staff. Otherwise, i guess it's alright, but i don't think i'll last much longer.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
jannny said:
ah ok, so how big is tax if i earn say 6000 - 20000 p.a.

I heard tax is like 3 dollars per hour deducted from ur hourly salary ..

damn is it that big??? fuck me dead
i dont know off the top of my head, i think its somewhere in the area of 20% of your earnings for that much income. there should be a table on the taxation office website or something that explains it better than i can.

one-love

HSC
i'm going to be working in cosmetics for my next shift... what exactly do they make me do there? :-S

jannny

HSC
hey guys :)

I had my group assessment + 1 on 1 interview with the HR coordinator at Big W last tuesday. Just wondering how long did it take for Big W to call u back to tell you that you got the job?

gka2stab

HSC
check your e-mail as well.. they e-mailed me 2 days later.

P

pLuvia

Yeh they emailed me the following monday

Re new uniforms:
They don't look that great lol, except we get new badges!

Borbor

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I think they're wonderful

they could be purple with pink spots and they'd still be better than the current one

due to having no ties :D
Hear hear!

Damn those ties! I just got my complimentary shirt application form today. Some huge poster on our wall with FAQs, sizes, brochure etc.

HSC
johony said:
I get that a lot too, but the biggest problem i have is the hoardes of customers that need to served, usually there are only two staff members around (including myself), and it gets extremely stressful at times.

I would much rather be doing recovery and not deal with anyone, rather than doing everything down in Home Entertainment.
Do not ever wish urself to be doing recovery!!! trust me 4 years on its a killer!! Unless everyone else does recovery properly too its a shit hole!! And customers are just as annoying too!!

Wooo only a week of christmas stuff left :D then the sales start :(:(

P

pLuvia

The customers are freaking annoying, they ask me the most stupid questions about some technological objects which they expect me to know and where some things are that I have never heard of, so I just go ask some other person who works there. That's why checkout is better than recovery and why I tried to avoid customers :)

jannny

HSC
i got the job heh!!

Casual Recovery Associate at Big W plumpton woohoo..

pluvia, how many hours do they usually give you per week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)