Big W group interview (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Done the group stuff, now onto the single one-one one interview. Her name is Phoebe, anyone know her??

Are my chances good now, that I have now made it onto the "interview"??

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
milocole said:
Done the group stuff, now onto the single one-one one interview. Her name is Phoebe, anyone know her??

Are my chances good now, that I have now made it onto the "interview"??
no fuck off

P

pLuvia

Bored.Of.Life said:
I want my uniform already! I'm tired of wearing a white shirt and black pants :mad:
We ordered ours back in january and haven't even got ours yet go figure :)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
What things would a "Recovery Manager" like to hear me say in a interview Big W employees??
(genuine answers only)

P

pLuvia

milocole said:
What things would a "Recovery Manager" like to hear me say in a interview Big W employees??
(genuine answers only)
lol, not much you can say really

If you have had any other jobs that had the slightest role in recovery mention you have experience in that.

Umm, anyone think of anything else?

The role of recovery isn't even great, I mean you learn nothing from it :)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
you dont get sick much, will work shit shifts and wont complain. they like that.

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
When are the new uniforms coming, they said may....
our store was the first to wear those the new uniforms! the only people who don't have it yet are the most recent employees i.e me

CieL

HSC
Bored.Of.Life said:
I want my uniform already! I'm tired of wearing a white shirt and black pants :mad:
lol I'm the opposite.

I bought a uniform [shirt, not for BigW tho] and the button at the chest broke in half when I was taking my shirt off once.. which was about 2wks after I bought the shirt.. so I'm like, okayyy.. at least it still buttons up.. then about 2 months later, the button under that FELL OFF, and there were no spares.

So I was like F*** this, I'm not wearing the uniform. It broke and I'm not paying for another useless shirt. So I'm back to my sexy white shirt. Besides, the uniform was so freaking massive. Even for a size 8 [smallest] it felt like I was wearing a sack.

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
CieL said:
lol I'm the opposite.

I bought a uniform [shirt, not for BigW tho] and the button at the chest broke in half when I was taking my shirt off once.. which was about 2wks after I bought the shirt.. so I'm like, okayyy.. at least it still buttons up.. then about 2 months later, the button under that FELL OFF, and there were no spares.

So I was like F*** this, I'm not wearing the uniform. It broke and I'm not paying for another useless shirt. So I'm back to my sexy white shirt. Besides, the uniform was so freaking massive. Even for a size 8 [smallest] it felt like I was wearing a sack.
i like our shirts they're the right size! so are you the only one wearing a white shirt? at our workplace you can spot the new employees out because they're the only ones without the proper uniform :chainsaw: I also want my 5% discount card r0flz

PLT

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! I just received an email for a group assessment with BIG W for this friday (Doncaster). I just started another job (may 29th) as a delivery driver at pizza hut. Pizza Hut will be my only Australian referee. If the interviewer asks me if I am currently working, should I tell them yes or no. I don't want to keep the delivery job because I have to drive my own car and there is lots of risks involve (infridgement notices, accidents etc.). I don't want the interviewer to think or feel I will only work at BIG W for a short period and leave. Any suggestions or quick tip?? Thanks!!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
PLT said:
Hi everyone! I just received an email for a group assessment with BIG W for this friday (Doncaster). I just started another job (may 29th) as a delivery driver at pizza hut. Pizza Hut will be my only Australian referee. If the interviewer asks me if I am currently working, should I tell them yes or no. I don't want to keep the delivery job because I have to drive my own car and there is lots of risks involve (infridgement notices, accidents etc.). I don't want the interviewer to think or feel I will only work at BIG W for a short period and leave. Any suggestions or quick tip?? Thanks!!

Say no, because Jobs would be thinking you wouldn't be likely available for them, so for safe, say no.

P

pLuvia

Just say you are currently working and you will quit as soon as you get this job. That's what I said and got the job, but I kept the old job for a good few months.

chunyuchueh

HSC
N/A
hey, this is Jean.
you going to the group assesment at doncaster tomorrow huh!!
I am going tomorrow too,... just so nervous about it.
do you have any idea they'll ask?

PLT

HSC
N/A
chunyuchueh said:
hey, this is Jean.
you going to the group assesment at doncaster tomorrow huh!!
I am going tomorrow too,... just so nervous about it.
do you have any idea they'll ask?

Hey Jean... Did you get a second interview with Big W Doncaster??

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
For the second Interview.........
One thing, they give you an item that they want you to sell to the them(like the interview guy is the customer), and they will ask you to promote it then they ask: "Is it made in Australia"(looks down at product for 10seconds and cant find where its made!) so just make sure that you check where its made, otherwise you look dumb!

Well my experience with them anyway

-Why do want want to work for BigW
-What will you get out of it

Basics that they ask, but its mainly on Availability

PLT

HSC
N/A
milocole said:
For the second Interview.........

One thing, they give you an item that they want you to sell to the them(like the interview guy is the customer), and they will ask you to promote it then they ask: "Is it made in Australia"(looks down at product for 10seconds and cant find where its made!) so just make sure that you check where its made, otherwise you look dumb!

Well my experience with them anyway

-Why do want want to work for BigW
-What will you get out of it

Basics that they ask, but its mainly on Availability

Thanks!! I have just finished my second interview and thank god I read your post because they asked me why I want to work for Big W. They didn't do any activities though. I think this is because it is a new store and they need to hire 200 people. They are rushing it through because they need to get ready for opening day. I hope I get this job!:p

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
No worries, what store did you apply for, we are opening a news store in Victoria and are still stacking shelves SO BORING!

PLT

HSC
N/A
I applied for the Doncaster Store in Victoria? Do you work there????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)