Big W group interview (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have an intervuew for Big W tomorrow but they told me it was a group assessment, which I've never had before. Are group interviews normal?

Does anyone have any idea what kind of tasks you have to perform "with others" and what kind of things they are looking for in an employee?

beentherdunthat

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
I have an intervuew for Big W tomorrow but they told me it was a group assessment, which I've never had before. Are group interviews normal?

Does anyone have any idea what kind of tasks you have to perform "with others" and what kind of things they are looking for in an employee?
Haha, yeah sure. First of all, where's it at???

Congrat's for getting in!!! It's kinda frustrating sometimes.

HSC
uh...Big W.

Bathurst.

Thanks, it really can be. I think Coles is worse though.

Last edited:

ZabZu

HSC
I had an interview at Big W last February.

We were split into small groups of around 5 people where we spoke to 1 person and introduced them to everyone.

There were other group activities such as ordering the importance of tasks in a real life situation eg. customer service, rest break, etc. Remember that customer service and OHS (occupational health and safety) are the most important.

I also did a group task where we had to promote a product.

At the end there was a brief one-on-one interview with someone from HR. They asked the normal questions, what do you bring to the job?, why do you want the job?, etc.

pringa

HSC
I've got an group assessment for Big W, Saturday week. How should i dress? I was thinking black pants, white shirt, school shoes.
Can anyone give me information on hours for nightfill, cause I'm still on my L's for a while.

johony

HSC
what questions they ask you?
I had my group interview today, and it was much easier than i thought.

The group section was quite straightforward, just make sure for the priorities task the order is:
1. First Aid
2. OH&S
3. Customers

Also for the product promotion task, jingles are always good :p

The one-on-one interview is fairly easy too. The only question where you need to think is the first or second one, which goes something like "What do you hope to achieve if you are successful for this job?".

Dress-wise, it doesnt matter, there were plenty of people (including myself) who rocked up in a shirt and jeans.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
johony said:
I had my group interview today, and it was much easier than i thought.

The group section was quite straightforward, just make sure for the priorities task the order is:
1. First Aid
2. OH&S
3. Customers

Also for the product promotion task, jingles are always good :p

The one-on-one interview is fairly easy too. The only question where you need to think is the first or second one, which goes something like "What do you hope to achieve if you are successful for this job?".

Dress-wise, it doesnt matter, there were plenty of people (including myself) who rocked up in a shirt and jeans.

what you mean for the product promotion task, what you have to do exactly? my cousin is doing a group interview end of this week and i'm gonna rock up to Big W spying on her :)

pwij2

HSC
N/A
Re: Big W Group Interview 1 on 1

Hi All,

I just had my group assessment on Big W last week. It was not bad, but we didn't have any 1 on1 interview, instead the ones that got through to second round will be interview by the store manager.

I got through the second round which will be the 1 on 1 interview with the store manager next Thrusday.
I am wondering if anyone can give me some tips on what questions they might ask during 1 on 1 interview with the store manager (mine will be in Queen Victoria Village in Melbourne).

Cheers

johony

HSC
chicky_pie said:
what you mean for the product promotion task, what you have to do exactly? my cousin is doing a group interview end of this week and i'm gonna rock up to Big W spying on her :)
You have to do an advertisment for a product they give you, but everyone has to be a part of it.

The 1 on 1 interview is just a bunch of questions on availability, experience, visas (if you have one) and an outline on the stores code of conduct (No piercings, no unnatural hair colours, no mid-driff tops, blah blah).

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
johony said:
You have to do an advertisment for a product they give you, but everyone has to be a part of it.

The 1 on 1 interview is just a bunch of questions on availability, experience, visas (if you have one) and an outline on the stores code of conduct (No piercings, no unnatural hair colours, no mid-driff tops, blah blah).

did you get the job or still waiting?

johony

HSC
chicky_pie said:
did you get the job or still waiting?
They said they'll inform me by the end of the week, so hopefully i'll find out tomorrow. :D Then there's a 6 hour paid induction next week.

For casual employees
16&Under: $9.55/h
17: $10.505
18: $12.895
19: $15.280

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
johony said:
They said they'll inform me by the end of the week, so hopefully i'll find out tomorrow. :D Then there's a 6 hour paid induction next week.

hope it turns out good for you :)

are you doing nightfill? or just day casual? i heard they pay alot during the holidays, how much extra?

wendybird

HSC
johony said:
hey i've got an induction early october! maybe i'll see you there?:wave:

i got the job so wierdly; i didn't have a group assesment/interview just had the oneoff 1 on 1 with the store manager and that was it!

(i think i have a nice human resources lady to thank)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
wendybird said:
hey i've got an induction early october! maybe i'll see you there?:wave:

i got the job so wierdly; i didn't have a group assesment/interview just had the oneoff 1 on 1 with the store manager and that was it!

(i think i have a nice human resources lady to thank)

you know what they do at the induction?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)