biology vs physics vs chemistry (1 Viewer)

h3ll h0und

HSC
High school biology is pathetic. Don't get me wrong, Biology is a beautiful science, but the way they teach it in the prelim course is a joke. Apparently it gets "better" in year 12 but I'm taking no chances.

EDIT: I realised that this post was unjustified, so I'll try. The syllabus is almost completely content based. There is no intellectual input required, whatsoever. In an exam, you either know the answer, or you don't. In a purer science like chemistry or even purer, physics, if you sit there thinking for about 5 seconds you can come up with the answer. So if your marks depend on your intellect, avoid biology like the plague.
this

h3ll h0und

HSC
yr 11 physics wasnt too boring...well the first part of world comm was cuz we did it in yr 9 and 10 >.> but the rest was ok =D but im sure yr 12 is more interesting

hollaholla

HSC
Back at ya boxhunter!

and sam...!!! theres only ONE dot point on the quarks crap ...thats the standard model of matter.,..and it was in last years paper so im pretty sure it aint coming this year.

The rest of the chapter is pretty awsm
and YES EINSTEIN WOWWED me too!.

I hate motors and generators in physics though.

boxhunter91

HSC
Completely agree. Motor + Gen = Nightmare.
For me Q2Q>I2I>Space>M+G
For Chem:
POM>A.E>I.C>C.M.M

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Physics is much much better than chemistry, in terms of content. Didn't do biology.

SO maths+physics>chemisty>biology>humanities>dirt>>>>HSC English

lolokay

HSC
phys and chem are both pretty bad

the bio i did was alright

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I liked Chemistry because we get to blow stuff up. I do quite well in Chemistry... not so well in Physics, percentage-wise (80% in chem, 55% in Physics) but still in the top ranks - by a long way in Chemistry. I don't take biology, but from what I hear, it can be fun with excursions or deadly boring.

So I rank them:

Chemistry > Physics > Biology

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
People saying physics is too 'maths-y' should be slapped, they've clearly never looked at a uni physics textbook or Wikipedia page.
Completely agree. HSC physics is pathetic in terms of preparing a student for tertiary level physics. HSC physics is now engineered such that General Maths students have almost no disadvantage compared to a 2U (or above) student. I mean its just simple trig (projectiles), and substitution into various formulas, which are provided btw!!! Seems quite similar to general maths in a way.

scardizzle

Salve!
HSC
what is relativity?
The principle of relativity states that in an inertial frame of reference (one travelling at a constant velocity) one cannot determine if they are moving or not unless with reference to another frame of reference. That is if I were travelling in a car with all the windows blacked out on a completely smooth road, i could not tell if i were moving or completely stationary without reference to another frame of reference you are probably most used to defining the earth as your frame of reference.

Relativity was first conceived by Galileo and then some stuff happened, which will take too long to explain and therefore length contracts and time dilates
the end.

sorry for this post ive just been revising physics recently and have all this information in my head

raniya

HSC
i do all 3 n bio tops mi list den chem hysics i seep in class i dnt understand wat the hek is goin in classs no idea watso ever... atleast bio n chem i understand

Sarebs

HSC
I chose biology and did one lesson in yr 11, and was BEGGING to be let down to senior science, because biology was sooo boring. The teachers forced me to move into chem, which is still pretty boring. EXCEPT for PoM, how cool was that topic? I loved learning about plastics, but that's just me.

Physics (wishing I'd chosen it as well)> Chem> Bio

Fly Kite

HSC
chem > phys > bio

chems prettty easy most of the time
phys is hard...
bio is like a nothing subject until 1 wk b4 exams where you cram =)

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Physics > Chem > Bio

Physics is brilliant, probably because I am a mathematical person and it's basically applied mathematics. Chemistry is good because it's a bit more applied and deals with how things are made up (reckon it needs a bit more maths in it). Biology I don't do, but from year 10 and the bio bits of junior science, I reckon it's lame. Cell theory turned me off, and we had no experiments for bio (which was a big deal for me back in junior days) :\

Need... more... MATHS!!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)