Biotechnology or Genetics? (1 Viewer)

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Hi everyone, just want to know your opinions as to which elective is easier to study alone, as my Biology teacher can't teach the subject at all, plus its been agreed on that the elective to be taught is Communication. So I've been looking at Biotech and Genetics, so any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
eww, communication, worst topic ever

good job, I'd go for Genetics, the middle sections are pretty easy

however, u might run into problems with your in-school assessments if they're based around communication, e.g. no questions on the trial for the other electives

youandmexo

HSC
i found biotech insanely boring when i did it. it does have some overlaps with the blueprint topic though. for example, the process of protein synthesis.

but in saying that i think the genetics topic would also obviously have overlaps. i would have much preferred to do that topic. if i was you, id do genetics but thats because ive experienced biotech and it really was not my thing.

bouncing

HSC
my schools doing genetics, it totally overlaps with blueprint which is mad cos im revising

do genetics if ur gna learn it by urself apparently all the other ones are super shit.

bouncing

HSC
my schools doing genetics, it totally overlaps with blueprint which is mad cos im revising

do genetics if ur gna learn it by urself apparently all the other ones are super shit.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Thanks guys, after some deliberation I finally opted for Biotech cause it seemed more interesting to me, but yeah your thoughts on the matter are appreciated. Everyone wish me luck, I'm teaching myself Biotech cause my teacher won't do it

youandmexo

HSC
lol everyone went against biotech and you chose it :p
good luck, its as boring as bat shit.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
I dropped bio because my school said they were gona do communication option, i would have probably kept biology for hsc year if they picked genetics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)