Books that will make a none reader interested in books ! (1 Viewer)

lusiv

HSC
Hi,
I want to know what books you would recommend to a year 10 that doesn't like reading and would like to improve his Reading.
cheers.

lusiv

HSC
hahah.
is there any adventure, history books i think ill be interested in that

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
the very hungry caterpillar
horton hears a who
green eggs and ham

pman

Banned
HSC
narnia is very good, started me reading heavily many years ago. HP also good.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
harry potter... i think these are the only books i've ever read in full

jarkler

HSC
the holy quran theres all these miracles inside it to shock your eyelids

CecilyMare

HSC
read Anna Karenin by Leo Tolstoy.

I find that books translated from another language are easier to read than British literature books, like lets say Hardy. It's got hardly any insane words that require a huge dictionary beside you, and the translators are very good at constructing simple sentences.

Anna Karenin is a long read at 800 or so pages, but it's EASY. You can practically read the whole thing but just 'skimming', which you can't do in books where they spend pages describing the landscape.

There. Go for the easy, translated stuff.

steph xx

HSC

I find that books translated from another language are easier to read than British literature books, like lets say Hardy. It's got hardly any insane words that require a huge dictionary beside you, and the translators are very good at constructing simple sentences.

Anna Karenin is a long read at 800 or so pages, but it's EASY. You can practically read the whole thing but just 'skimming', which you can't do in books where they spend pages describing the landscape.

'Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way'

HSC

<3<3<3

Though I can't really see a year 10 guy who hates reading to be excited about picking up a book that thick.

Why not try Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time?
My brother hates reading but he was glued to this book. He liked it cos it had maths in it.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Yeah I agree with whoever said Harry Potter. That did the trick when the books first came out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)