Borat thread. (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
This forum needs more Borat.

Saw it last Wednesday with Danislav. Shat all over SoaP, and possibly the funniest movie ever.

Wooo for anti-semitism.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Woah, is it already out??? Must see this weekend then.
Oh, it's not.... :(

Pilgrim

HSC
withoutaface said:
OMGZ I totally didn't know that.
So are you implying Sacha is a self hating jew? Or did you have no retort and took the easy way out with sarcasm?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
At the risk of being branded Captain Obvious here, Baron Cohen is a satirist. He's sending up his own people.

He's also a genius when it comes to accents.

spiny norman

HSC
Pilgrim said:
So are you implying Sacha is a self hating jew?
Hey, he may loathe himself, but it has nothing to do with the fact that he's Jewish.

Pilgrim

HSC
spiny norman said:
Hey, he may loathe himself, but it has nothing to do with the fact that he's Jewish.
He's jewish and its all satire, therefore theres no antisemitism.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's debatable whether it's anti-semitism or not, because while he's not serious about it, the movie does convey a large range of stereotypes about the Jews.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
he creates a large stereotype of every genre......so why is it the jews who kick up a stink?

Meistro

HSC
N/A
Cant wait. Although i think whats bettar than the movie is Kazakhstans reaction... i mean a ridiculously expensive add campaign in America to emphasising Kazakhstans "civilized nature, cooperation with the United States, and economic and cultural reforms."
Hahahah it just freaking blows my mind that Kazakhstans retaliation was REAL.. you know this is the REAL world and a REAL governement decided spending millions on a cheesy ad campaign would help salvage their contries reputation. Reality kills me.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
withoutaface said:
It's debatable whether it's anti-semitism or not, because while he's not serious about it, the movie does convey a large range of stereotypes about the Jews.
I havn't seen it yet, but from what i have seen of Borat before on TV - he is playing an anti-Semitic Khazakstani - so he is conveying a stereotype of Khazakstanis portraying a stereotype of Jews.....isn't that satire? I would hardly say that the movie itself is anti-Semitic because it's hardly like Cohen is doing this to spread a message of anti-Jews, and any stereotypes that may be in there are to be made fun of, not agreed with

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Saw it last night.

I have so much to say to people who have seen them!

A few things:

Did anyone notice how the only rather sane people are the jews, gays and african american people (including the prostitute), when they're people Borat and americans fear? I loved that

I think the whole cinema was in stun silence watching the crazy christians...

It's telling that those Christians left Borat lying there in front of the church like a bum...

Didn't expect Sasha to have the guts to have his arse covered with that man...

Man boobs. They weren't man boobs they were disgusting!

I <3 the expression of the man's face when Borat and that guy were naked in the elevator.

Oh and with the anti-semitism, I heard this movie is incredibly welcomed by the jewish community. Apparently he speaks hebrew when he bags out jews or something, which is kinda a wink wink thing.

Last edited:

Artemis.

HSC
It's honestly one of the funniest things I've seen. Great movie.

lengy

HSC
lol. I needed that. Funniest movie so far this month. Tell homophobes they need to see this movie. lol

spiny norman

HSC
Pretty bloody funny film. A few lulls in the humour here and there, but at its funniest moments it had me in tears of laughter.

Best comedy in a long long time (not that hard, but it is).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)